price of petrol

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
aspire
udonmap.com

price of petrol

Post by aspire » March 10, 2006, 11:40 am

i noticed sometime after katrina hit in the states that my truck started to run different. i thought it needed a tune-up so got one. still ran different. i learned recently that because of petrol shortage gas was imported using european standards. price went down performance went down. now moving into spring american blends prices going up truck running better. currently about $2.10 per gal where i live but will climb much higher. was is cost of petrol in thailand?

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » March 10, 2006, 10:07 pm

Diesel is about 26 baht per litre - Gas/benzine/petrol what ever you call it is about 27 baht - give or take a satang here and there

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » March 10, 2006, 11:03 pm

$2.10 per gallon...think yourself lucky.
in the uk its approx 85 pence a litre so maybe around ฃ5.50 a gallon so with exchange rate into dollars thats $8.00 (maybe slightly wrong on exact figures) for a gallon.
27 bt for petrol in thailand is not good for locals,but for the visiting farang from the uk it seems a deal. but the price has gone up i remember when it was 10-11 baht a litre, how long ago was that ? (not sure) as i don't really check the prices,just fill-pay-and go.
by the time you have read this it will possibly be ฃ1.00 a litre in uk(.$1.65) or someone will be on strike and then there will be none. :cry:
please correct me if i am wrong with prices and exchange.!
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » March 11, 2006, 8:41 am

I did the conversions a couple of months ago and came up with $2.32 USD per gal for 91 (maybe mid range in states). Now, the hamburger flippers in the states are getting maybe $8 per HOUR (315 baht), while construction workers here are getting maybe 175 baht per DAY :shock: So you guys in the states still getting a deal :!: And I think, because of US policies, have more to do with causing this high price!

aspire
udonmap.com

was is

Post by aspire » March 11, 2006, 11:08 am

with price for fuel going up each day is the reason i wrote "was is" in my last sentence.

fredro1uk
udonmap.com

Fuel Price

Post by fredro1uk » March 12, 2006, 3:32 am

Hi all
I work in central London everyday in my taxi and I can confirm that I pay 92.9p per litre, can't wait to re-locate to LOS. fredro.
fredro

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Fuel Price

Post by beer monkey » March 12, 2006, 5:11 am

fredro1uk wrote:Hi all
I work in central London everyday in my taxi and I can confirm that I pay 92.9p per litre, can't wait to re-locate to LOS. fredro.
hi fredro1uk if your a black cab driver in london, i am sure you got plenty to say :wink: welcome :)
Can You Dig It Dug.?

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Price of fuel in Thailand

Post by FrazeeDK » March 16, 2006, 11:31 am

Yup, I remember 95 Octane at 11 Baht in 1999 and it had gone down a tad after the 97 crash.. 26-27 baht certainly isn't a huge imposition on me, but I agree the locals get hit with a doubling of fuel prices pretty bad.. Also, when I got to Thailand in 97, the Taxi rates had just then gone up from 30 to 35 Baht.. I was down in Bangkok recently and note, they are still.. 35 Baht upon getting into the cab.. Now, I can't say if the rolling rates have changed, but in my travels from the airport to town and back I don't see much difference between what I paid for the trip in 97 and now.. How do those cab drivers live on that??
Dave

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » March 16, 2006, 3:10 pm

Now, I can't say if the rolling rates have changed, but in my travels from the airport to town and back I don't see much difference between what I paid for the trip in 97 and now.. How do those cab drivers live on that??
Got me on that, very good point! What I found trying to get back to the airport, was metered cabs, were saying a price not using the meter. I can't blame them, but have refused, and depended on hotel to get me metered one! It seems they make very little to start, and even less to go to airport :!: Was talk of an increase :?:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Price of fuel in Thailand

Post by beer monkey » March 16, 2006, 4:02 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:Yup, I remember 95 Octane at 11 Baht in 1999 and it had gone down a tad after the 97 crash.. 26-27 baht certainly isn't a huge imposition on me, but I agree the locals get hit with a doubling of fuel prices pretty bad.. Also, when I got to Thailand in 97, the Taxi rates had just then gone up from 30 to 35 Baht.. I was down in Bangkok recently and note, they are still.. 35 Baht upon getting into the cab.. Now, I can't say if the rolling rates have changed, but in my travels from the airport to town and back I don't see much difference between what I paid for the trip in 97 and now.. How do those cab drivers live on that??
must agree with that, the price i pay for a hotel taxi, from sukhumvit ,has never changed since 1990 its still 400-500 baht. only been to airport on metered taxi once when they first arrived on the roads, i think the charge was around 200baht. its no wonder why they don't want to do it.
many moons ago did go on aTuk-Tuk with a suitcase, but the driver dumped me off half way.!!! (i was young+foolish). :-s

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » June 4, 2006, 4:54 pm

It now 37 Baht a litre here Aussie

Kally
Master Builder

Return to “Travel & Transport”