Transport to and from Udon Airport

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
arjay
udonmap.com

Transport to and from Udon Airport

Post by arjay » March 21, 2006, 4:14 pm

Does anyone know of someone who does taxi type transfers to and from Udon airport? StevesUdon has stopped doing them now, because his cars are all out on rent.

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » March 21, 2006, 5:23 pm

bad news. guess I better start a-looking. guess there is always tuk-tuk :cry:

albeach
udonmap.com

Post by albeach » March 21, 2006, 11:39 pm

Took the minibus from the airport July, 50 baht to town, had to show the driver the way to City Lodge, as always, haven't had a driver who knew the way yet :? .

First time I flew in, took a private car for same price, just some guy looking for beer money.

Rather surprised that more of the tuk-tuk drivers don't hang around for a return fare, but they seem to drop a fare off coming from town, then head right back empty.

Loaded
udonmap.com

Post by Loaded » March 21, 2006, 11:59 pm

Normally I take a private taxi (10+ years old pick up, I don

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » March 22, 2006, 12:04 am

I live in a residential area, outside the ring road, past Big C, so I can't use the mini-bus transfers into Town.

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » March 22, 2006, 2:29 am

Give mine a ring Arjay...she'll do it it fits her schedule as she drives past the airport daily. PM me if you want the number. Or I can after the 26th...

And, by the the way, I am partially responsible for the Steve on hire problem. I backed "her indoors" car into a wall and am thus hiring one of his for a few days shortly while I pay to get it fixed :oops: :lol:

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » March 22, 2006, 10:39 am

Thanks for the offer John, though a friend has now offered to take me. It was more for future use, as and when, that I was seeking ideas.

So you may be in the dog house currently then, with "her indoors"!? :oops:

Remember if you come to Rom Yen 3 you now have to set out 3 days early, because of the Big C intersection detours. From the ring road, you have to go east as far as Cafe Amazon, about 1.3 kms, then a dog leg back again to the intersection followed by another dog leg 50 ms towards the Kon Kaen road, with queues at every U -turn. Oh yes, then when you come out of Big C you have to go into town as far as St Mary's before you can U-turn.

I'm not sure what will happen when the flyover is complete, because the speeding traffic will then be coming off the elevated section somewhere around St Mary's school and in the middle of the road. So I don't what will happen with the U-turns and school crossings in that vicinity.

Think maybe I will copy this last part to the appropriate thread!!

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » March 22, 2006, 1:30 pm

arjay wrote: So you may be in the dog house currently then, with "her indoors"!? :oops:
No not really, as we are also fixing all the other dings, scrapes, scratches and dents that she has inflicted on her pride and joy :roll:

kojack
udonmap.com

Post by kojack » May 27, 2006, 7:10 am

I use a private taxi, name of the driver is MR Kheg 01-9754001
cost me 200 baht each ride. great srevice, will wait u at any time u ask 4.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » May 28, 2006, 3:53 pm

Tawan at the Chareon hotel can help you but I don't have his phone number any longer.

Alagrl
udonmap.com

Post by Alagrl » May 30, 2006, 9:03 pm

Yes, contact the English reception desk at the Charoen. They have provided airport transportation for our family on each visit. The van is large and can accommodate quite a bit of luggage.

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » June 30, 2006, 10:03 pm

I came into Udon International at 07:00 yesterday. My choices for transportaton were limited to one guy who wanted 300 baht to take me to First Home. After unsuccessfully trying to get him to drop his price, I took the 60 baht minibus to Charoensri Grand and caught a tuk-tuk from there.

There are plenty of tuk-tuks at the train station when trains stop. Why aren't there any at the airport? Why is there only one "taxi" compay? (These are rhetorical questions).

Anyway, this is a problem.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » June 30, 2006, 10:25 pm

My choices for transportaton were limited to one guy who wanted 300 baht to take me to First Home. After unsuccessfully trying to get him to drop his price, I took the 60 baht minibus to Charoensri Grand and caught a tuk-tuk from there.
That's not a bad idea rickfarang. I'll have to do it again soon, so I'll keep that in mind. Would the mini-bus take you to the Charoen or NB Hotels? They would be even nearer to home.

Maybe we should get up a team and take each other, in turn. Issue credit voucers or something, redeemable on your next trip! :D

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » July 1, 2006, 11:39 pm

I went to Charoensi Grand because there are a lot of tuk-tuks across the street, in front of Mr. Tong's.

I don't recovnize the name "NB Hotel". Does NB Hotle have another name?

The ride exchange idea sounds like a winner.

AznBigG
udonmap.com

Post by AznBigG » July 2, 2006, 2:13 am

rickfarang wrote: I don't recovnize the name "NB Hotel". Does NB Hotle have another name?
NB Hotel also goes by NB Residence. The hotel has a huge sign (in Thai) on it's roof that you can't miss. It is on the main drag (Phosi Rd) next to the Phosi post office (T-15 on map and same road AEK is on). There are quite a few tuk-tuks right outside the entrance to the hotel.

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Post by thalenoi » July 2, 2006, 9:04 pm

I left Udon on 24 june and ordered Mr:Keg, decent guy, asked 250 baht from PK3 to Airport. I Will be back later this month and also take a minivan to Posri road (Charoen hotel or Nong Bua market or Big C and will take songteaw from there.

Stupid indeed there seems to be a taxi monopoly at the airport.

BTW, that new International Airport is a joke, no? Just 2 gates??

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » July 3, 2006, 9:55 am

thalenoi wrote:BTW, that new International Airport is a joke, no? Just 2 gates??

...and there are no taxis too, not exactly very professional for an international airport.

It doesn't look good for international visitors if they have to jump on the back of samlaaws, or squeeze into the 10 seater 60 baht shuttle bus.

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » July 3, 2006, 5:52 pm

Wait until they discover the road between the airport and srichomchuen road too. People will wonder what sort of place they have come to !!!! LOL

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » August 21, 2006, 9:11 pm

Steve (StevesUdon) was able to take me to the airport a few weeks ago, so he is still in the taxi business. I think the difference might be that I asked him one week before my flight.

It was an enjoyable ride to the airport, made even better by his calling for confirm the morning of the pickup, and his arriving a couple of minutes early.

Return to “Travel & Transport”