Nok Air

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » February 13, 2006, 2:45 am

Nok Air is just Thai Airways cheap operation Bud. Just as reliable.... they are always on time 9 out of 10

John

valentine

Post by valentine » February 13, 2006, 8:16 am

Hi Bud, just a suggestion, book on Thai. Earliest departing flight in both directions, and as your coming off an international flight you are likely to have 20+kgs of luggage, the max on Nok I believe is 10kgs. Same when you depart. If your arriving at Bangkok on Thai,you can book your Udon flight at the same time, but you must clear your baggage in BK , we don't have customs clearance up here yet.Have a good trip.

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » February 13, 2006, 9:20 am

The earliest flight in both directions is Nok Air; 06:00(BKK-UTH), and 07:35(UTH-BKK).

Thai Airways earliest flights are 06:30(BKK-UTH), and 08:20(UTH-BKK).

Air Asia claim departure times of 06:40(BKK-UTH) and 08:05(UTH-BKK) :roll:

Checked baggage limits for Nok are:-
Nok Air Economy class 15Kg (although, I have not been charged extra with 18/19 Kg)
Nok Plus is 30 Kg.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 13, 2006, 4:06 pm

Ar Asia is, if memory servers me, only 10 kilos & 60 baht a kilo after that.

valentine

Post by valentine » February 13, 2006, 6:01 pm

Several times just lately from either end, the Nok flight has been combined with the Thai at a later time, but the Nok weight limitation adhered to. :roll:

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » February 14, 2006, 3:17 am

Has anyone had problems with transporting Golf Clubs.

Just curious, as I'll probably have mine with me next time.

Gary

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » February 14, 2006, 3:25 am

Galee wrote:Has anyone had problems with transporting Golf Clubs.

Just curious, as I'll probably have mine with me next time.

Gary
Well the sheer number of golf club bags that seem to appear at baggage collection, as I impatiently wait for my case, filled mainly with lotions etc for SWMBO would suggest not.

However, you have a baggage allowance; those golf bats :wink: look heavy, so an excess perhaps???

John

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 14, 2006, 4:18 am

So you're not a golfer then yorkman ??
Can You Dig It Dug.?

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » February 14, 2006, 5:32 am

I've always thought, although I dont know for sure, that there was some kind of extended allowance for sporting goods, sure I read this somewhere...

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 14, 2006, 5:57 am

BangkokButcher wrote:I've always thought, although I dont know for sure, that there was some kind of extended allowance for sporting goods, sure I read this somewhere...
I wonder if bowling balls were included in extented allowance,or may-be not. :wink:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

cnkbud
udonmap.com

Post by cnkbud » February 14, 2006, 7:52 am

Thanks to all of you guys, you've all been great, think I'll make the 10kg weight limit as I travel light. Sure hope the trip comes off so I can get on up to see you guys ,and about all the remains now is to decide on lodging, have done my reviews on your forum and a lot to pick from. Regards and have a good one. Old Bud

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Post by thalenoi » March 11, 2006, 2:52 pm

Nok air bagage limit is 15kg and 7 kg for hand luggage, 50 baht/kg surcharge.
Air Asia similar, but 80 baht/kg surchage I think.

Thai Airways 30kg free.

I flew Nok Air out of Udon 14 feb and will return with them 16 march, only a few days to get "back home"

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Post by thalenoi » March 20, 2006, 4:43 pm

Well Nok air was perfectly on time on both legs and although I had 22 kg on the bkk-uth leg I was not charged for overweight, will use them again.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 11, 2006, 3:38 am

Well, I don't know if Nokair have it in for me, but I still cannot book flights online from the UK using a Visa credit card?

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » April 11, 2006, 4:33 am

Galee wrote:Well, I don't know if Nokair have it in for me, but I still cannot book flights online from the UK using a Visa credit card?
I guess I was lucky, as I booked my flight a few months ago... however, I recently tried to book a flight for my brother in law, and had the same problem you mention Gary. This is a cut/paste of the reply email from Nok...

Dear Valued customer,

We would like to apologize at this moment in time in not being able to process your international credit cards. Currently we are in the process of rectifying the credit card fraud system to be more effective.Therefore, we can presently process only the domestic Thailand issued VISA/MASTER cards on our system.
The new system being process is a new system that can protect you and us. Credit card frauds are on the increase, and many legitimate customers of ours (who had their credit cards stolen) are now using the cards to purchase tickets. Even with the world class booking system such
as ours, there are still many cases of such activities being recognized.
That is the reason why our new anti-fraud system will be in place soon.
Mean while, we would like to apologize to you if there's any inconvenience on your part in trying to book our flights. Once our new system is place, international credit cards booking can resume as normal. Again, we would like to apologize for this inconvenience.

How to continue from here?

For Over seas customers

For over seas customers who continue to wish to make a booking with us,
please kindly submit the following documents to our Customer
Interaction
Center staff via Tel.662 627 2622 fax no.662-286-9832 or send email to
the address of [email protected]
With the attachment as following:

1) Copy if the ID card of the credit card holder
2) Copy of the front page of the credit card that you wish to order
Nok Flights
3) CVV number (the last 3 digits on the back of the credit card.
4) Name/ contact number / email address.

Once all the documents are completed our staff will complete your
reservation and payment.

Once again, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience. Please do
not hesitate to contact us via the above email address or telephone
number if there are any questions pertaining to the reserving your seats
on Nok air.

Sincerely Yours

Nok Air management.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 11, 2006, 5:35 am

Thanks Steve,

I'll still try and book a flight with them as I want to take advantage of the 30kg weight limit.
Fortunately I still have time to arrange everything.

Gary

valentine

Post by valentine » April 11, 2006, 7:33 am

To commit the information being asked for by Nok you are going to leave yourself wide open to fraud. It will be on open display to how many people in the office? They must be crazy to even suggest it. Don't believe me? Check with your own credit card company :?:

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » April 11, 2006, 8:44 am

valentine wrote:To commit the information being asked for by Nok you are going to leave yourself wide open to fraud. It will be on open display to how many people in the office? They must be crazy to even suggest it. Don't believe me? Check with your own credit card company :?:
I totally agree Val, hence my brother in law is now flying AirAsia :wink:
I wouldn't want to risk sending a scan of my passport, my c/card, and other info in an email... [-X

Gary,
To qualify for 30Kg weight limit, you need to fly Nok Plus... cost is 535 Baht more than STD economy.
AirAsia charge 60Baht/Kilo over 20Kg... ie. 600Baht for 30Kg bag, so difference is minimal really. :D

shortimer
udonmap.com

Post by shortimer » April 11, 2006, 11:51 am

After reading all the posts here it sounds like Air Asia doesn't always seem to keep to their schedule, is this true? I'm coming into Udon on the 13th of next month from BKK on the 06:40- 07:40 morning fligt which I would hope to be no problem ( equipment available ) but when I go back to Bkk four days from arrival I've got the last flight out around 17:30 hrs, if this flight gets canceled I will definetly have a problem. Anybody have any insight on how their flights have been running lately. I've only flown them once from BKK to Phuket and I sat at BKK for 5 hours waiting for a plane to be available though this was supposed to have been weather related. :?
short time as in short time till I can retire

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » April 11, 2006, 12:05 pm

shortimer wrote:After reading all the posts here it sounds like Air Asia doesn't always seem to keep to their schedule, is this true? I'm coming into Udon on the 13th of next month from BKK on the 06:40- 07:40 morning fligt which I would hope to be no problem ( equipment available ) but when I go back to Bkk four days from arrival I've got the last flight out around 17:30 hrs, if this flight gets canceled I will definetly have a problem. Anybody have any insight on how their flights have been running lately. I've only flown them once from BKK to Phuket and I sat at BKK for 5 hours waiting for a plane to be available though this was supposed to have been weather related. :?
I don't use them but from those that do... pretty consistently late when flying out of BKK, but OK from the Udonthani end assuming there is not too much of a knock on effect from a late arrival.

I can only assume this is due to being a Malaysian operation, Thai and Nok seem, unsurprisingly, to get priority in all things at Don Muang.

Return to “Travel & Transport”