Thai Promo Fare v Nok v Air Asia

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
747man
udonmap.com

Re: Thai Promo Fare v Nok v Air Asia

Post by 747man » July 24, 2009, 11:34 am

Jimbo, The only two things that the Airbridge is beneficial for is keeping you dry if it's persistentley Raining or protecting you from The Baking sun on the short walk across the Apron..

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » July 24, 2009, 1:50 pm

oh dear oh dear, it's not just the BKK - Udon flights that are delayed this week with Air crap Asia....it's all the domestic flights they operate........
Image000.jpg
Image000.jpg (74.27 KiB) Viewed 1710 times
The best air crap asia can manage is a twenty minute delay to Hat Yai if anybody is interested, the worst being Udon with at least an hour and a half delay.
all other airlines seem to be running on time.............................. \:D/

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 24, 2009, 3:31 pm

Another pretty picture, again to help those who are looking for information, to help make up their minds :D

This is Air Asia's on-time departure performance for 2009, taken from the front page of their website, here http://www.airasia.com/site/th/en/home.jsp and here http://www.airasia.com/site/th/en/page. ... Statistics

(In accordance with industry standards, an 'on-time' departure is one that departs from the designated bay no more than 15 minutes from the scheduled departure time).

Don't bother looking for the same information for Thai or Nok - it ain't available :D

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Re: Thai Promo Fare

Post by thalenoi » July 25, 2009, 3:31 pm

747man wrote:O.K I Will now Name Names.....I Had a problem with Etihad ( Check In Staff at Manchester ) Their attitude Stank,I am Silver Card holder and their website says I have the right to use the Business class check in desks at ANY Airport,BUT At Manchester they have a "Flashing sign "above there desks 2 for Economy ( Cattle ) Class & 2 for Business class & GOLD card members ,
Sorry 747man, I have silver Etihad also and rules say you must have gold to check in at business counter, the same goes for preferred boarding (had a man who was pointed to boarding queue when he could not show gold card)

See website: Etihad Guest Gold members can check in at the Pearl Business class counter regardless of the class of travel and enjoy priority boarding at the aircraft. Simply present your Etihad Guest Card at check-in to benefit.

Now with business class check in clerks chatting away and refusing a silver member to check in is stupid.

I was checking in at Brussels airport and not so many people in line eco row, had ticket and silver card ready.
A lady checked ticket before I hit the queue and directed me to business class check in because you have silver she said. Check in clerks are airport personnel and don't always know the rules per airline company, and vice versa some check in people are trained to be strict in applying the rules.

Example of flexibility: I was checking in eco counter with 37 kgs of luggage and silver, thus allowed 20+10=30 kgs. I was ready to move weight to my almost empty back pack if told I had overweight. Nothing was said (because silver?) Line next to me eco passenger had to reduce weight to 20 kgs.
Was upgraded to business an other time at check in and when boarding 1 h later to first, wow.

I fly them business for the time being, paying promotion of 1500 euro's, still expensive though, but other airlines ask 2000+ euro and service is top notch.

As for AA I flew them UTH-BKK return last week for 1500B, no luggage, no way Thai can compete.
I have several tickets to fly dec/Jan/Feb 415B return plus Phuket same same.

Coming back from Europe I do fly Thai though, business at 3550B one way because I now carry 40kgs and had no check in problems last time.

Cheers

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 25, 2009, 9:37 pm

Thalenoi, Sorry Mate you are wrong about Silver NOT being able to check in at Business Class desks I DO it everytime at Swampypoom,NEVER get refused,I also have it in Black & White now in The booklet Etihad sent to me,So I am taking THAT back with me,To hit those Ignorant staff at Manchester with next time I come back to Bangers,Can't wait to see the :shock: :shock: on their faces...Cheers Alan..BTW...Bought Domestic tickets on TG Uth-Bkk for 1540 o/w SO They can compete & even BEAT AA..... :lol: :lol:**** Sent you a PM *****

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 25, 2009, 9:50 pm

Thalenoi, Sorry Mate you are wrong about Silver NOT being able to check in at Business Class desks I DO it everytime at Swampypoom,Never get refused,I also have it in Black & White now in The booklet Etihad sent to me,So I am taking THAT back with me,To hit those Ignorant staff at Manchester with next time I come back to Bangers,Can't wait to see the :shock: :shock: on their faces...Cheers Alan..

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Post by thalenoi » July 26, 2009, 6:40 am

Well I checked "benefits" on their FF website which says you need gold.
Anyway, they should not make problems to silver cardholders who try to check in business regardless the rules.
I don't have rules on paper...and told the board I was moved to business class check in row by employee showing silver, so did not complain. Bangkok check in row no queuing each time i got there.

I will get gold before April next year (you need to fly 50k miles in a rolling 12 month period)
Gold is valid from year you join + 2 following calendar years, hope it will be worthwile (50% extra miles and priority boarding)

Did you note the 1500B I paid for AA was return???
And I have 4 returns into 2010 at 415B 15kgs bag included? and 1 one way for sept at 750B, looking out for promotions.

Cheers mate

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 26, 2009, 10:44 am

Ha Ha !! Return Hey...No failed to notice that bit,Must be reading the post's tooooooo Quickly,Sorry :oops: :oops: :oops:

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Post by thalenoi » July 26, 2009, 1:17 pm

And you pay the same hotel we both stay at more also :fryingpan:

You will need to use my providers then \:D/

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » July 27, 2009, 8:02 am

Hmmmm ... mods have been busy - a few deleted posts, no more derogatory posts about Air crap Asia from me.

Jack - have you become a moderator ? \:D/

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 27, 2009, 8:09 am

old-timer wrote:Hmmmm ... mods have been busy - a few deleted posts, no more derogatory posts about Air crap Asia from me.

Jack - have you become a moderator ? \:D/
With my form - no chance :D

Too much fun banging heads with you ](*,)

I believe the Thai promo is no longer available. :lol:

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » July 27, 2009, 8:24 am

jackspratt wrote: I believe the Thai promo is no longer available. :lol:
Air crap Asia On time performance for June 2009 = 79% :D the previous quote of 90% was a desire \:D/

http://www.airasia.com/site/en/home.jsp

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » July 27, 2009, 8:37 am

old-timer wrote:
Air crap Asia On time performance for June 2009 = 79% :D the previous quote of 90% was a desire \:D/

So this figure is the average for all their flights,maybe just Thailand flights are still hitting the 90% mark :^o

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 27, 2009, 8:41 am

Thai and Nok results were what? :-k

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » July 27, 2009, 9:05 am

jackspratt wrote:Thai and Nok results were what? :-k
Thai Airways, BKK - UTH (15 May 2009 to 15th June 2009) on time performance = 90% :-"

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightRat ... ineCode=TG

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 27, 2009, 9:41 am

pompui wrote:
old-timer wrote:

So this figure is the average for all their flights,maybe just Thailand flights are still hitting the 90% mark :^o
Yep - I reckon you are right pompui - 90% taken from AA Thai website (not Malaysia, as was O-T's). \:D/

http://www.airasia.com/site/th/en/home.jsp

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Post by martynsnowman » July 27, 2009, 3:38 pm

sorry little off subject , does any1 know if when you fly thaiair inside thailand can you pre book where you sit on the flight ??

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 27, 2009, 3:55 pm

Yep, You CAN Martynsnowman Pre Book seats on Thai Website......

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Post by martynsnowman » July 28, 2009, 8:29 am

747man wrote:Yep, You CAN Martynsnowman Pre Book seats on Thai Website......
i,ve looked at the website cant find pick your seat section , can you pick your seat if you go to Udon airport and book from there ??? thanks ....

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 28, 2009, 11:35 am

I Very much doubt it,But IF you booking your ticket at the Airport Office,You've only got to ASK,The ladies in the booking office Speak & Understand English very well, I Dont bother as it's ONLY an hours flight not even time to get stiff......It's the Long Haul flights I am more concerned about 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

Return to “Travel & Transport”