Sandinavian Airlines Premium Economy seats

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Ground Engineer
udonmap.com

Sandinavian Airlines Premium Economy seats

Post by Ground Engineer » May 28, 2006, 10:49 pm

Trying to find out what the seats are like for Sandinavian Airlines Premium Economy flight from Manchester to Bangkok.

The only info I have gathered is that you get an extra 6 inches of pitch.

THe ticket is about 65% more expensive than an ecomony seat flight but I cant find any info on the type of seat.

I have previously flown on EVA ecomony delux and the seats were just like business class but the service and food was economy class.

I'll be booking the ticket tomorrow so a quick response would be greatly apreciated.

Cheers,

GE.

"ShikiShinFuni"

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » May 28, 2006, 11:43 pm

This is the only information I could find on SAS, who call it Economy Extra not Premium Economy.

Well-being in Economy Extra
SAS understands the challenges of crossing several time zones on a long flight. Therefore we have created a separate cabin that offers a more spacious and peaceful environment, enabling you to arrive at your destination in good shape mentally and physically.

The cabin
Economy Extra offers a secluded area, separated from the main economy cabin. Seating is offering in a spacious 2+3+2 layout.

The seat
The SAS Airbus aircraft features specially designed and ergonomic seats. Economy Extra offers the benefit of more legroom and wider seats. During 2006, leg rests will be added and your living space expanded, offering even greater levels of comfort. Both leg rests and headrests can be adjusted to suit your individual needs.

IMHO 65% is quite a premium to pay on an unknown quantity. I'm rarely tempted to pay the extra as I have found that the back of the aircraft arrives at roughly the same time as the front and for a lot less money :lol:

Return to “Travel & Transport”