Bangkok airport hotel

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
DRILLER
udonmap.com

Bangkok airport hotel

Post by DRILLER » October 6, 2009, 2:10 pm

hi guys, im coming to udon for the very first time.

jetstar arrives into bangkok, the new airport DMK i guess, & the connection to udon is the next day some 18 hours later.

can anyone suggest accomodation for that period? preferably in the airport....or at least near enough not to make it a lengthy transfer.

DRILLER
udonmap.com

Re: Bangkok airport hotel

Post by DRILLER » October 6, 2009, 2:36 pm

i think my OP was not so clear.

my connection is NOK air.

i will transfer from new airport to DMK terminal that evening & i would like to stay at the departing terminal.
DRILLER wrote:hi guys, im coming to udon for the very first time.

jetstar arrives into bangkok, the new airport DMK i guess, & the connection to udon is the next day some 18 hours later.

can anyone suggest accomodation for that period? preferably in the airport....or at least near enough not to make it a lengthy transfer.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 6, 2009, 4:12 pm

Driller,
If you are flying Nok Air you will be departing from the old Dom Mueang airport to Udon.
The best hotel in that area is the Amari Dom Mueang hotel about 5 minutes drive from the airport.
This time of year you should be able to negotiate a decent discount,particularily if you have a Thai wife/gf accompanying you.
I've stayed there a couple of times in 2007 and 2008 and found it to be a good standard hotel.The main restaurant is a bit pricey but there is a bar/restaurant located past the lounge to the right where you can have a beer and a cheaper snack.....just ask reception.

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » October 6, 2009, 8:42 pm

You should not have to wait 18 hours for a flight to Udon. Are you committed to NOK? Transport between the new and the old airports is not easy for a first-timer.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » October 6, 2009, 10:33 pm

Warning - be careful when accessing sites purporting to be Bangkok Airport looking for services and information such as hotels, taxis, etc - there are quite a few and I'm fairly sure they don't actually have any official relationship with the airport.

I think that this is the official site (but I'm not 100% certain):
Can anyone confirm?

Alchai
udonmap.com

Post by Alchai » October 7, 2009, 3:21 am

Driller
I would also suggest Amari Don Mueang. Since the closure of the old international terminal this hotel has very good prices. I stayed there in Jan this year. I booked 2 rooms on the internet and on arrival they upgraded our rooms to executive suites free of charge! Getting there safe from Suvarnabhumi airport I would arrange a taxi from the taxi desk inside the airport. I believe there is also a buss running there.

mytluky
udonmap.com

Post by mytluky » October 7, 2009, 6:58 am

I fly into BKK on a 6 week cycle. I used to get in around 12:00 noon and wait until 4:00 PM for the Air Asia flight to Udon Thani. Now I go to the Thai Airways ticket counter and get a flight out at about 1:30 PM. No need for hotel and taxi this way. There are both Thai Airways and Air Asia flights out of BKK. So if you are not tied in to the Nok Air flight you may want to check them out instead. I have never had any trouble buying the ticket for Air Asia or Thai Airways on the same day. Hope this helps.

DRILLER
udonmap.com

Post by DRILLER » October 9, 2009, 2:25 pm

thanx guys...im a old hand in the p.i. but now im nearing 50yo, im beginning to feel a less 'hot' place such as thailand will be for me.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » October 9, 2009, 4:14 pm

Driller, what time do you land at Swampy ?? As stated above you can pay cash on Thai or AA and the most it will cost you is about Bt2300. Thats about US$70 and its less than an hour flight. From memory the last Thai flight is 7.30pm arriving Udon 8.30pm. Enough time after hitting your Hotel to get out for a meal !!

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » October 9, 2009, 4:21 pm

If you have to change airports and you are comitted to stay 18 hours between flights,you can stay in any hotel in between!No need to stay next to the airport! :D

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » October 9, 2009, 4:46 pm

Oh Stan, I hope your not suggesting he could spend the night at Soi Cowboy before his flight to our fair Udon :shock:

DRILLER
udonmap.com

Post by DRILLER » October 14, 2009, 11:54 am

bkk eta is 1955 but being jetstar, the day may be different to that which is on the intinerary.

yes, im cynical about these so called 'budget airlines'. its actually a batch of vouchers jetstar gave me in lieu of travel to denpasar last december that ended in failure due to their delayed departure & missing the international connection.
i would use full service airlines but on that occasion nothing came up on qantas so i searched jetstar for flights to denpasar.

a lady from udon, i met online has suggested air asia over nok, so i guess im not going to don muang after all. she also suggest thong ta resort near the new airport.

im looking to retire in udon or a place similar that has good health care & cleaner air than other places ive checked out in asia. also, nice views.... ;)

Aardvark wrote:Driller, what time do you land at Swampy ?? As stated above you can pay cash on Thai or AA and the most it will cost you is about Bt2300. Thats about US$70 and its less than an hour flight. From memory the last Thai flight is 7.30pm arriving Udon 8.30pm. Enough time after hitting your Hotel to get out for a meal !!

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » October 14, 2009, 4:01 pm

The best views are to be found at the Complex (Robinsons) or the night market :D unless you mean Hills and Rice paddy etc :-k

Return to “Travel & Transport”