second hand pickups

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
macduff
udonmap.com

second hand pickups

Post by macduff » December 20, 2009, 1:55 pm

Thinking of buying a pickup for around 300000bht.Can anyone recomend a good dealer that's farang friendly in or around the udon ringroad.I know theres many garages about but i could do with a good toyota vigo if possible with a deposit of 30000 and the rest on finance over 4 or 5 years.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: second hand pickups

Post by BobHelm » December 20, 2009, 2:44 pm

I bought my car second hand from the garage exactly opposite the main Toyota dealer in Tahan Tanon Road - going out of town towards Wing 23. There is another dealer just before the one I am talking about.
Anyway he sells pick ups as well as cars. He arranged he financing for me, 10% down, balance over 4 years - my choice, he gave me quotes from 3 to 7 years.
Very fair in all his dealings with me any 'glitches' were sorted out completely to my satisfaction & at no cost to me.
I think that you might be a bit on the optimistic side at 300K though (especially for a Vigo) but good luck & you can only look & see what is available. :D

macduff
udonmap.com

Post by macduff » December 20, 2009, 3:01 pm

Cheers bob for the info.I,m heading up to udon tomorrow and i,ll be checking that garage out you mentioned to see whats available if i can find it.

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Post by UdonExpat » December 20, 2009, 5:47 pm

Sampot Car Shop is on the Highway to Nong Khai just before the PTT station about 1km from the ring road. A small klong runs along one side of the shop.

A couple of friends bought used vehicles there. They were both satisfied with the prices, vehicle preparation, and after sale service. One guy paid cash. The other guy financed, and when he paid that car off traded it in on a better one, and was off again on another 4 years of payments.

He sells mostly pickups to villagers and has a steady stream of business from word of mouth.

wiking
udonmap.com

Post by wiking » December 20, 2009, 9:12 pm

I have a nice silvergrey Ford Rangers 4 door 2.5 90.000 km from june 2006
but I want cash

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » December 20, 2009, 11:29 pm

Go to the auction in Bangkok @2 km up the street from the Lao Embassy on the right. That's (very likely) where your dealer gets them. They then drive it to [wherever] and sell for double or more what they paid. P-U-H-L-E-N-T-Y of very good pickups under THB 200,000. Many jobber pickups that run and would pass inspection for under THB 100,000.

Typical day sees @300 autos (not including hundreds of motorbikes). Walk around inspection prior to auction start. Format is you sit in stands under a garage roof (or in the a/c VIP area) and bid as they drive them into the garage. At that point, you hear how it sounds, can open the doors, hood, etc. and inspect whatever you want.

Auction on Saturday for the good stuff (when the dealers buy). Sunday for the leftovers (mostly families). No it's not Udon, but the savings is worth the trip. Cash or debit card accepted.

If you don't have all the cash in hand, you might be able to get one of the many consumer finance companies to make a loan, but I know nothing about those except I hear the APR is ridiculous.

Just my song-baht. ;)

Cheers!

wiking
udonmap.com

Post by wiking » December 20, 2009, 11:49 pm

do you know the soi name- I looking for some motorbike 125 cc

do you know about the register wenn come back with the bike or car

do you need to register you by auction

do you know what time it start

do you know if they has a webpage

thanks

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » December 20, 2009, 11:53 pm

Ooops! Also, most of the autos are finance repos, not bang-ups. You will find most to be in very good to excellent condition all around. The jobber trucks are in a mix of conditions, but I recall seeing several I would have no problem owning as a business truck sell for THB 40k-80k.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » December 21, 2009, 12:02 am

wiking wrote:do you know the soi name- I looking for some motorbike 125 cc

do you know about the register wenn come back with the bike or car

do you need to register you by auction

do you know what time it start

do you know if they has a webpage

thanks
Don't recall the soi, but if you go there and ask anyone near the Lao Embassy, they can tell you. Pay and take away same day or next day. You get temporary papers to do so - no problem if stopped by the cops on the way home. Register at auction - need to deposit (I think) THB 20k for autos - less for motorbikes (not sure how much) - and you get a buyer's auction card with big number on it that you hold up to bid. Bikes are first to be auctioned in the morning. Get there by @0900 for bikes and you should be ok. There is a webpage, but darned if I recall it at the moment. I'll ask the wife to dig up the papers and post tomorrow.

New model repo'd and police confiscated motorbikes go for under THB 20k.

Full meals, bits, bites, and snacks available on site.

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Post by UdonExpat » December 21, 2009, 2:29 pm

There are auto and m/c auctions in Udon every couple of weeks. One location is Home Pro. There are others, but that's the one I've seen. The one at Home Pro is done by Siam Commercial Bank.

The auctions are on Sunday. You have to put some money up to get a bidding card and the balance on any purchase is due by Friday. The vehicles are usually there a couple of days before so you can look around. They are open for inspection on Sunday morning.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » December 21, 2009, 5:16 pm

The auction place in Bangkok is www.union-auction.com. BUT before you visit the site, know that my AVG blocked the site saying that it is known to be infected. So take precautions and visit it at your own risk.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 21, 2009, 5:27 pm

I would second KD's warning about this site.

This is what google says:
What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 10 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 5 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-12-20, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-12-20.

Malicious software includes 7 scripting exploit(s), 7 trojan(s), 5 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 7 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 10 domain(s), including ss.la/, eloer.cn/, sdf454gdf.3322.org/.

3 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including ppmmoo.cn/, sesesemml.cn/, mmzfc.cn/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS7654 (SIAMGLOBE).
Enter at your peril!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 21, 2009, 10:30 pm

One site is opp the PTT garage on the ring road just past the Sports centre on the other side for info.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » December 22, 2009, 12:46 am

Because I like you guys sooooooo much :razz: , I braved the perils of the heavily infected site to retrieve the list of cars auctioned this past Saturday with mileage and prices.

You can download the virus-free PDF here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cyjm3xzy5 ... -12-09.pdf

Enjoy!

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » December 23, 2009, 8:24 am

Thanks for that Khondahm,one Toyota Vigo with over 500,000km on the clock!

Was thinking about second hand pickup for the TW's business but not that Vigo!
In the olden days back in the UK,clocking was prevalent on second hand cars so presumably the Vigo did not reach 1 Million and the seller felt the need to help it sell with a reduced km. :D

Return to “Travel & Transport”