parking sensors

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
martynsnowman
udonmap.com

parking sensors

Post by martynsnowman » December 20, 2010, 12:09 pm

can any1 tell me where i can get parking sensors fitted to car ??? wifes JUST passed her driving test , but her parkings still a bit shall we say questionable ....
i,d rather get sensors fitted now than 2 new bumpers latter .....
udon map reff would be big help also any approx price fitted , if any1 else has had it done .
thanks mb.

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Re: parking sensors

Post by kjellsnell » December 20, 2010, 12:45 pm

You can by a god one for aorund 4000 bath including the install andthe backmirror wich show the sensor activity. I just by one and put on my Toyota comuter. You can by and have the work done at

Sermslip
40 pokanusorn RD
Udonthani

phone 042 242521
mobil 08 66304054

God luck

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 20, 2010, 2:03 pm

i bought mine on thokanuson road N13 on map, it is coming from big c , at the traffic lights to go right to bus station (central) , you go left , many shops there , i went to the big one left side , you can drive inside, cost 3.500 bath,
small advice , the box contains 4 sensors, they wanted to put them all in the back , as i have a small car ( aveo) i leave them put 2 in the front and 2 in the rear.....( ridiculous to have 4 sensors on a small rear bumper)
good luck.....

Jed
udonmap.com

Post by Jed » December 20, 2010, 3:00 pm

My wife just learned to drive, and passed her test in Nong Khai. Which means she's still learning to drive.

Please fill me in on how the sensors work, how much they actually help, etc.

She passed everything except the reversing/parking part. They discussed this, so to speak, but there was no way around it, apparently - I was surprised. They gave her 30 days to pass it, with no more than 3 tries.

She borrowed a friend's tiny Honda and passed the next time, instead of using our big SUV, which she will actually be driving, at some point...I think.

Could they actually be clamping down a bit on issuing licences? Seems to be the case in Nong Khai.

If so, I can only say, "It's about time! Wonderful!" Anyone else have experiences getting a license lately?

Perhaps Thailand continues to change, slowly but surely. Stopping littering would be a good next step! (Ever been beaned by a bottle being chucked out of a truck while riding a motorcycle? Not so nice.)

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 20, 2010, 3:20 pm

they have different ones , the ones you will have to attach a small display on your dashboard, working with a led indicating from green to red and a noise signal the more close you come to the other car, my preference went to the one when they attach a rear view mirror over the existing one, you will be able to look how far you are from the other car( in the front or in the back,indicating fe 0.8M ) and also give sound indication, no mess on your dashboard, probably similar to the one kjellsnell bought...
hopes this helps....

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Post by kjellsnell » December 20, 2010, 5:24 pm

yes......my is the one you attached to the mirror and it shows distance from 1,5 to 0,5 meter and also give warningsound wich goes faster and faster the closer you get to the objekt behind you.....

They also have cheaoer chinash....t but even the people in the shop dont recomand them....

chears!

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Post by kjellsnell » December 20, 2010, 5:27 pm

and it has 4 sensors......i use them all at the back..........then it gives warnings from the side to

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Post by thalenoi » January 24, 2011, 8:57 am

Thumbs up for the shop at thokanuson road N13 on map: no more sound warnings coming from the box.
Had the sensors installed over one year I guess, stopped by at the shop, they had to replace someting, don't know what exactly, they asked for purchase invoice/guarantee, whilst I checked the glove box, it should be there somewhere...the lady said "don't mind" and got it fixed for free.
Gave a 100 baht bill as tip to the people who worked on it. :razz:

Return to “Travel & Transport”