Urgent Question - Accident Involving Farang

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
globalwanderer
udonmap.com

Re: Urgent Question - Accident Involving Farang

Post by globalwanderer » December 28, 2010, 6:54 pm

Politeness helps!!!!

Belligerence like that shown by many farang doesn't.

And anyway if 1000 'fell on the floor' and saved Kopkei's friend 28,000?????

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » December 28, 2010, 6:56 pm

DermotC wrote:P.s. If 28000 baht is going to break the bank for him then maybe he shouldnt be in thailand!

In that case I better piss off I have f***k all!..... Well maybe 300 baht

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » December 28, 2010, 7:04 pm

One day in the village, an idiot hillbilly coming the opposite direction, turns right in front of me
Hit him dead on. he somersaulted over my bonnet, over the roof, land in the ditch,

He got up shook his head and was not hurt. But His m/c and my car was!
My ex missus, being fiery nearly knocked him out! :lol: He was more scared of her than the accident.
Then she said "GO!" I said what about insurance? No! she said you call them YOU have big problem!

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » December 28, 2010, 7:17 pm

I had a fatal accident 5 years ago.I turned right on a dual carriageway, as did so, maniac m/c rider roars through red light and rams into my offside rear .
He was flying some 50 yards.No Helmet.head smashed.
Died next day.After police inquiry, I was told to pay 200,000 baht bail.Otherwise go to jail until case went to court.
Eventually,long story short, cost me 300,000 baht, (Family wanted 700,000 baht) But was reduced to 200,000
court fees and lawyer !100,000 baht also tamboon I paid.
I have no sympathy for this arrogant person. through his careless arrogant behaviour, I got so much grief.
He lost his life but that was his doing.
Now you know why I am poorest farang in Udon!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 28, 2010, 7:22 pm

sissor-mouth wrote:
globalwanderer wrote:
kopkei wrote:i agree with you gobalwanderer,i also have grade1 , as i have mentioned before his car is 8 years old , he can not get grade 1....., ( but only 50.000km)the problem is most about the principle , he is not wrong in anyway , why he must pay 3.000 batht to the guy who drove into his car, and he have to fix the car himself? even the other guy is insured and was wrong???? TIT when al falang who come stay here think this is the system , i think all is lost.................falang do not have any rights?..............

Farang have rights. More important now is for both of you to keep calm. Talk nicely to the police as it's their report that determines what the insurance companies will or will not do.

hahahahaha and slip 1000 in his back pocket as he takes his report politness don't put bread on his table does it ...1 hour to go to the roast pork and apple sauce dinner i do miss the market slop at times
s-m you are (by your own admission) sitting in England.

Why are you bothering to mouth off about things in Thailand - including my Christmas lunch post about Ban Dung, where you have not been for 10 years?

In fact, amongst your 26 posts thusfar, you have had nothing positive to say about Thailand.

Please feel free to focus on the roast pork and apple sauce, and stop worrying about the market slop. :confused:

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 28, 2010, 7:39 pm

My Thai teacher's uncle creamed a guy on a motorcycle at a 4-way lighted intersection two years ago. The motorcyclist ran the red light....he died. The family wanted 50,000 from the driver of the car (Thai). The police wanted him to pay. He hired a lawyer and ended up paying 5,000 toward the funeral and whatever meager lawyer fees.
I don't think these cases have much to do with being a falang or being in the right.....no more so than the traffic cop stopping you for speeding.

Comparing Thai traffic laws to anywhere else in the world just doesn't mean much if you're in Thailand. And I second the comment about driving here without first-class insurance. About as bad as living here without health insurance or financial savings to keep you from the dregs of the government hospital.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 28, 2010, 7:47 pm

mortiboy , where was the insurance? you payed all this yourself?

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » December 28, 2010, 7:48 pm

As stated in previous post I have neither! yes1 I'm walking on thin ice.
I didn't go to wbu so lost all me money ex too :( Too late go back sold everything!
I must be careful!

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » December 28, 2010, 7:51 pm

kopkei wrote:mortiboy , where was the insurance? you payed all this yourself?
I paid myself! Insurance only paid 100,000 baht .So actually the family received 300,000 baht!

sissor-mouth
udonmap.com

Post by sissor-mouth » December 28, 2010, 8:01 pm

jackspratt wrote:
sissor-mouth wrote:
globalwanderer wrote:
kopkei wrote:i agree with you gobalwanderer,i also have grade1 , as i have mentioned before his car is 8 years old , he can not get grade 1....., ( but only 50.000km)the problem is most about the principle , he is not wrong in anyway , why he must pay 3.000 batht to the guy who drove into his car, and he have to fix the car himself? even the other guy is insured and was wrong???? TIT when al falang who come stay here think this is the system , i think all is lost.................falang do not have any rights?..............

Farang have rights. More important now is for both of you to keep calm. Talk nicely to the police as it's their report that determines what the insurance companies will or will not do.

hahahahaha and slip 1000 in his back pocket as he takes his report politness don't put bread on his table does it ...1 hour to go to the roast pork and apple sauce dinner i do miss the market slop at times
s-m you are (by your own admission) sitting in England.

Why are you bothering to mouth off about things in Thailand - including my Christmas lunch post about Ban Dung, where you have not been for 10 years?

In fact, amongst your 26 posts thusfar, you have had nothing positive to say about Thailand.

Please feel free to focus on the roast pork and apple sauce, and stop worrying about the market slop. :confused:

WELL each to their own I guess and on a positive note Thailand is a wonderful place to have a holiday however to live there is a different story and lets be honest once you get outside Udon Thani town center there is very little else but rice fields we could bounce off the walls all day but it's the truth however some people enjoy rice fields including rice farmers ..and about the market slop it's a bit grim enit i'll just go for holidays thanks \:D/

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » December 28, 2010, 8:56 pm

God bless you too Semperfiguy, i love you too! If you read through the posts you'll know I was being nice and told him what my wife said. He didnt like it and your analogy I agree with as ive stated two or three times on this thread. Its not bloody fair but thing are the way they are in thailand. If you keep banging your head against a brick wall it is you who will suffer, not the thais. There are lots of things that arent fair in thailand just the same as there are lots of things not fair in the States or in Ireland. Its a fact of life! I cant quote you scripture as im lapsed but i think you know what i mean. By the way its been a long time since someone told me God Bless so thanks for that. Its not said enough!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 28, 2010, 9:00 pm

You are right on one point s-m - Thailand (with all its limitations and rice fields) is a wonderful place.

And tourists such as yourself just add to the wonder.

ps how was the roast pork - I had to get by with a spicey fish and vegetable dish tonight?

sissor-mouth
udonmap.com

Post by sissor-mouth » December 28, 2010, 9:14 pm

jackspratt wrote:You are right on one point s-m - Thailand (with all its limitations and rice fields) is a wonderful place.

And tourists such as yourself just add to the wonder.

ps how was the roast pork - I had to get by with a spicey fish and vegetable dish tonight?

So you agree outside Udon Town center it's full of rice fields by your own admission you agree there are limitations.. so the up shot would indicate that those who choose residency outside the town would find them very same limitations.. hahaha a bit long winded but we got there in the end \:D/ the pork was autentic and traditional thanks as always

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » December 28, 2010, 9:20 pm

Having read this lengthy and interesting thread on the accident where Kopekei is asking advice regard to his friend accident I notice that he has mentioned that you can’t get No 1 Insurance for a car over 8 years old. Can any one confirm this? Seems a little strange.

Thanks.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 28, 2010, 9:22 pm

Nope - I agreed that Thailand is a wonderful place.

Not surprisingly, the irony in the rest of my post has passed you by. :roll:

But back to the issues raised by the OP.

Banjo
udonmap.com
Location: Surfing with Eudyptula minor, shooting vermin or philandering in a Soi

Post by Banjo » December 28, 2010, 9:29 pm

jackspratt wrote:Nope - I agreed that Thailand is a wonderful place.

Not surprisingly, the irony in the rest of my post has passed you by. :roll:

But back to the issues raised by the OP.
Quite a few balls went thru to the keeper there :lol:

sissor-mouth
udonmap.com

Post by sissor-mouth » December 28, 2010, 9:31 pm

jackspratt wrote:You are right on one point s-m - Thailand (with all its limitations and rice fields) is a wonderful place.
?

ERRRR When i went to school your above post would state what it did on the tin rice fields are limited and being outside Udon Thani in a farming town called "Ban Dung" where i have been myself there is not a great deal to do unless you are a rice farmer \:D/ .... But i agree Thailand is a wonderful place.

rogerdoger
udonmap.com

Post by rogerdoger » December 28, 2010, 9:45 pm

I know TIT and I know what people have said but I find it so hard to believe that even the most corrupt and backward legal system could provide a blanket "you are always right even if you are pissed, have no insurnace, have an unroadworthy vehicle with no lights and you disobeyed the other clearly marked traffic signs and contraveened traffic laws" coverage to a motorcyclist versus someone for example travelling in a straight line, with the flow of traffic, obeying all laws. I know, I know TIT and I am prepared to believe buffalos get sick and all cost 10K baht to get fixed, but motorbikes always right, sorry no.I know someone who knows someone and I will find out what the real answer is.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » December 28, 2010, 9:49 pm

This topic has gone on for ages and not much information gathered to be honest, in summary, lots of posters have had individual experiences, all different and the only way the OP will gain anything is from seeking an opinion from a lawyer in Udon, or in fact have them front up at the Police station. Call the other guys bluff and counter challenge the claim for the repairs to his car.

I still cant work out why he cant get Class 1 insurance for this vehicle. Pls explain why his application has been rejected.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 28, 2010, 10:08 pm

well wazza , his car is 8 years old and they told him can not do grade 1......

Return to “Travel & Transport”