Udon Thani to Chiang mai

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
rayc1965
udonmap.com

Udon Thani to Chiang mai

Post by rayc1965 » September 8, 2011, 2:13 am

Has anyone gone to Chiang Mai from Udon Thani using Nok Air? Are they reliable, i.e. cancel flights? I had read several months ago that if you access their websight at a certain time you get a cheaper rate. Is that still going on? Thanks.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Udon Thani to Chiang mai

Post by stattointhailand » September 9, 2011, 4:10 pm

Ray, I would be very careful about making plans involving Nok air Udon - CM flights. They do have a reputation for "pulling the plug" around October time. On more than one occation we have had golfers book with Nok only to be told that the direct flights had been cancelled and they would have to go via BKK. By the time you have driven to the airport, checked in, flown to BKK, transferred to the next available CM flight, and got a taxi from CM airport, it would have been quicker and easier to have driven to CM in the first place.

rayc1965
udonmap.com

Udon Thani to Chiang mai

Post by rayc1965 » September 10, 2011, 12:56 am

That's what I was afraid of. It's bad enough that the flight doesn't get their until after 9 pm, but the chance of being cancelled really sucks. Thanks for the input.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Udon Thani to Chiang mai

Post by stattointhailand » September 10, 2011, 12:17 pm

If you go through the mountains and avoid Route 12 it takes under 8 hours by road.

thrilled
udonmap.com

Udon Thani to Chiang mai

Post by thrilled » September 10, 2011, 10:40 pm

When I went to chiang mai from udon,I had to go to bangkok,don maung,and then onto chiang mai.It was more money but I think much better than going by bus.

Return to “Travel & Transport”