Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Techland
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by Techland » May 20, 2014, 1:51 pm

jackspratt wrote:For newly joined up, or yet to do so, members of the Bangkok Air frequent flyer "Flyer Bonus" program
You seem to have missed that the Bangkok Airways lounges are open for everyone with a BA ticket, not only program members.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by jackspratt » May 20, 2014, 1:55 pm

Techland wrote:
jackspratt wrote:For newly joined up, or yet to do so, members of the Bangkok Air frequent flyer "Flyer Bonus" program
You seem to have missed that the Bangkok Airways lounges are open for everyone with a BA ticket, ............
But not Chang Mai from 9 May - 31 August, and Suvarnabhumi from 1 June - 31 July .......... which was the point of my post.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by jackspratt » February 17, 2015, 8:54 pm

It seems the reality check has finally hit Bangkok Air with their poor loads.

I received an email today to say my April Udon-Bangkok flight has been changed. After looking at their forward timetable, the previous (hit-and-miss) 3 flights per day have been changed back to 2.

New times (April at least):

UT - BKK
0800 - 0905
2050 - 2155

BKK - UT
0610 - 0715
1855 - 2000

Oh well - looks like we will need to get up an hour earlier. :-s

Udon Map
Admin

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by Udon Map » February 18, 2015, 6:16 am

Dropping the middle-of-the-day flight will likely cost them most of my business. I don't care for either the early or late options.

pomps
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by pomps » February 18, 2015, 6:53 am

April is songkran month loads of Thais going to come back to Udonsville for the fun and frolics,should have postponed the reduction until May,the evening flight though is at a reasonable time. 8)

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by BobHelm » February 18, 2015, 7:43 am

jackspratt wrote:I received an email today to say my April Udon-Bangkok flight has been changed.
Same here for my early June flight. I am staying in BKK for the night anyway, as my flight back to the UK is pre-noon the next day. So is still OK for me but would have preferred the 'lost hours' in BKK finding somewhere nice to eat.. :(

joepai
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by joepai » February 18, 2015, 2:42 pm

jackspratt wrote:It seems the reality check has finally hit Bangkok Air with their poor loads.

I received an email today to say my April Udon-Bangkok flight has been changed. After looking at their forward timetable, the previous (hit-and-miss) 3 flights per day have been changed back to 2.

New times (April at least):

UT - BKK
0800 - 0905
2050 - 2155

BKK - UT
0610 - 0715
1855 - 2000

Oh well - looks like we will need to get up an hour earlier. :-s

No problem, Thai Smile still has it's 9.25 flight
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

joepai
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by joepai » February 18, 2015, 2:45 pm

pomps wrote:April is songkran month loads of Thais going to come back to Udonsville for the fun and frolics,should have postponed the reduction until May,the evening flight though is at a reasonable time. 8)
Agree but Thai Smile seem to have realised BKK Air mistake and are flying 4x a day which is good news

waanjai
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by waanjai » February 18, 2015, 5:19 pm

jackspratt wrote:...
What they might wish to call a change is in fact a cancellation of the 3rd flight.

Now what do they offer, if you find out that the new flights do absolutely not fit into your time-table. Wil they refund You?
Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

joepai
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by joepai » February 19, 2015, 9:27 am

Agree the reinstatement of the 3rd flight would be sensible but...

jackspratt : if the change of flights causes you trouble then ask them to swap you to another carrier - suggest Thai Smile.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by jackspratt » February 19, 2015, 9:57 am

joepai wrote: jackspratt : if the change of flights causes you trouble then ask them to swap you to another carrier - suggest Thai Smile.
Do airlines do "swaps"? If so, I am happy to inquire.

It does not cause me trouble - just an extra hour hanging around in Swampy for what was already a 4 hour wait before my international connection. :(

I am still considering whether to go the night before, and staying in a nearby hotel, but their evening flight ..... 2050 - 2155 ...... is still not particularly convenient.

Fortunately, I had not yet booked my return BKK/UTH flight. As I get to swampy around 1400, it definitely won't be with Bangkok Air. [-(

old-timer
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by old-timer » February 19, 2015, 1:00 pm

jackspratt wrote: Do airlines do "swaps"? If so, I am happy to inquire.

It does not cause me trouble - just an extra hour hanging around in Swampy for what was already a 4 hour wait before my international connection. :(

I am still considering whether to go the night before, and staying in a nearby hotel, but their evening flight ..... 2050 - 2155 ...... is still not particularly convenient.

Fortunately, I had not yet booked my return BKK/UTH flight. As I get to swampy around 1400, it definitely won't be with Bangkok Air. [-(
Oh dear, decisions decisions OT doesn't know how you cope with all these important decisions to make.

OT............... \:D/

joepai
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by joepai » February 19, 2015, 1:05 pm

jackspratt wrote:
joepai wrote: jackspratt : if the change of flights causes you trouble then ask them to swap you to another carrier - suggest Thai Smile.

Yes they do - I have done it a couple of times on BKK Air

747man
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by 747man » February 19, 2015, 1:08 pm

old-timer wrote:
jackspratt wrote: Do airlines do "swaps"? If so, I am happy to inquire.

Oh dear, decisions decisions OT doesn't know how you cope with all these important decisions to make.

All Part of yet another Stressful day in Boring Ban Dung...555

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by jackspratt » February 19, 2015, 1:13 pm

old-timer wrote: Oh dear, decisions decisions OT doesn't know how you cope with all these important decisions to make.

I gain all my inspiration, and most of my insight, from reading your stuff OT. ;)

Macca
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by Macca » February 19, 2015, 1:21 pm

jackspratt wrote:
Terms & conditions here https://www.bangkokair.com/pages/condit ... of-flights
I think 9.2.2.2 answers your question

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by jackspratt » February 19, 2015, 1:36 pm

Thanks for that macca.

I am not sure bringing the flight forward by 1 hour will qualify as "fail(ing) to operate a flight reasonably according to the schedule",............

Anyway, I will follow-up, and see if they will change me to Thai Smile.

pomps
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by pomps » February 20, 2015, 5:40 pm

And if you were planning to do some chiang mai trips from Udon with Bangkok air,todays flight has been cancelled :-k
http://www.udonthaniairport.com/flight-status/

Earnest
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by Earnest » February 21, 2015, 12:26 am

Yes, I flew with them tonight in an ATR-72. Quite a mellow trip despite a one hour delay but the trolley dolly did say sorry to me reference the flight being late, which was rather endearing. You wouldn't get an apology like that in Blighty, readers. Maybe a garbled regret over the onboard PA.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

747man
udonmap.com

Bangkok Air Udon-Bangkok

Post by 747man » February 21, 2015, 9:43 am

Earnest wrote:Yes, I flew with them tonight in an ATR-72. Quite a mellow trip despite a one hour delay but the trolley dolly did say sorry to me reference the flight being late, which was rather endearing. You wouldn't get an apology like that in Blighty, readers. Maybe a garbled regret over the onboard PA.
Why Say SOLLY To you Earnie ?? Did you have you're Captains Uniform on again ??

An ATR-72........What Happened to The A-319 They were using on it ??

Return to “Travel & Transport”