BKK Air

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
joepai
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by joepai » August 4, 2014, 5:11 pm

Just been phoned by BKK Air to say my afternoon flight from BKK to Udon has been cancelled for the 13th - booked it a week ago.
Checked the web site and sure enough flights have been taken off the schedule :crying:

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

maaka
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by maaka » August 4, 2014, 6:12 pm

any reason given by them joepai ??

Udon Map
Admin

BKK Air

Post by Udon Map » August 4, 2014, 8:36 pm

Not the first time they've done that, either. They're still my preferred carrier, though.

TGSA01
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by TGSA01 » August 5, 2014, 1:24 am

"Reason" is pretty clear: Too many empty seats, the other day around 20 passengers... Shame, I like Bangkok Airways too, always my preferred carrier to BKK!

pomps
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by pomps » August 5, 2014, 5:24 am

So within one week they imply cause it has too low a load of passengers they cancel the flight.seems should cancel the flight from now on,saves inconveniencing afternoon travelers.Presume they put you on the later flight or will that be cancelled due to lowload of passengers.
At least they seem better at advising than Thai airways 8)
Good their boutique lounge has reopened,will have a peak when next at Swampy in 3 weeks time :D

joepai
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by joepai » August 5, 2014, 3:16 pm

Update :

I emailed BKK Air letting them know of my displeasure saying TG still flies in the afternoon and to transfer me to the TG flight. You can imagine how amazed I was when I had an email today with a new TD ticket from BKK Air !
All I can say is full marks to BKK Air for service and I take my hat off to them, well done =D>

thalenoi
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by thalenoi » August 10, 2014, 4:47 pm

Udon Map wrote:Not the first time they've done that, either. They're still my preferred carrier, though.
They can't possibly be my preferred carrier since they cancel my flight every time (and re-book me on Thai-Not-Smile)

Well, see if they will cancel my 03 sept flight :shock:

Note as of october Thai-Not-smile will fly out/to Dong Meuang, so only BKK air to Swampy, what if theu cancel flights in october???

Earnest
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by Earnest » August 10, 2014, 5:04 pm

All this is good info for me as I'm planning my occasional visit to Udon in November.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

arjay
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by arjay » August 10, 2014, 10:04 pm

I recently read (Bangkok Post) that Thai Smile are transferring their operations to Don Muang.

rick
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by rick » August 11, 2014, 12:38 am

I recently read (Bangkok Post) that Thai Smile are transferring their operations to Don Muang.
True, but it is a phased move and Udon-swampy will still run for a while yet.

pomps
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by pomps » August 25, 2014, 3:57 pm

Oh dear, seems the renovating of the boutique lounge is taking a tad longer than expected,due to now open 1 November :shock: .Hope no one is booking a ticket until then thinking they will have a new lounge with all the gadgets to relax and play with,standing room for snacks and drinks still at A7 in domestic 8)
And consistently have to use Gate 2 at Udon so a walk on the runway to the plane :cry:

joepai
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by joepai » August 26, 2014, 8:30 am

And consistently have to use Gate 2 at Udon so a walk on the runway to the plane

The reason for the early flight from Gate 2 is that Nok bumped them out with their flight arriving a little earlier - good ploy on Nok's part.
As for the walk no problem unless it's peeing down then the brollies are the answer - mind you I do have a chuckle when I see passengers struggling with a heavy carry-on, might teach them a lesson.

pomps
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by pomps » August 26, 2014, 11:19 am

Yes ageing farang or Thais with their overloaded hand luggage having to go up the steps to the aircraft :D :^o
Maybe Bkk air have got the worst deal on their flight schedules as from my observations from regularly popping down to Bangers is Thai will always get the connection walkway,nok air and air asia fight among themselves and then Bkk air gets the worst deal.Probably because they were the last to come here and so their slot times always behind another landing plane.
Plus side they at least offer some options at Udon,Thai airways have been stuck on their 80 baht token for quite a few years now,should be with inflation at least now 100 baht :shock: :^o
Will transfer to them if Thai move Udon to Don Muang but will just have a carry on bumbag :^o and their boutique lounge should be open :-" trouble is sharing the lounge with a load of ruskies using the lounge for their koh chang/samui destinations :badteeth:

Alchai
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by Alchai » August 26, 2014, 11:57 am

pomps wrote:trouble is sharing the lounge with a load of ruskies using the lounge for their koh chang/samui destinations :badteeth:
Are you a ukranian Pomps? :lol:
We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now

parrot
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by parrot » August 28, 2014, 5:03 pm

First flight for my wife and me on Bangkok Air. We checked in 64 kilos of baggage...having bought and extra 15kg each when we booked the tickets. The added cost was 560 baht for each of us....but would have been double that had we not bought the extra weight allowance in advance. We had the mid afternoon flight....check in was smooth, walked to the airplane.....no problem, it wasn't raining. I would be generous if I said the plane was half full.....probably more like 40%. Between the staff on the ground at check in, upstairs at the boutique lounge and free orange juice drink area, boarding gate, and welcoming crew at the foot of the airplane.....there were probably more employees than passengers.
Clean airplane, very comfy seating.......check that....loads of leg room! Airbus A320.....took off ad landed on time. Curry filled sandwich and noodle salad with cake and orange juice. Best of all, we land at Suvarnaphumi airport. Only 8 passengers at the baggage belt.
Given that the total cost for the ticket and extra bag was just shy of $50, I give the airline 5 stars.
Had reservations for Thongta Resort.....a very short walk from our arrival door to exit #4....Thongta rep waiting for our arrival.....and no wait for the van to take us the 5 min ride to the resort. At check in, I gave the clerk a member card that I printed off when i made the reservation......so my credit card will be refunded 25%. Then, surprise surprise....Thongta has. A brand new building alongside the older one. We had a very spacious, comfy room, modern bathroom. With the 25% discount! the room will cost us well under $25 for the night......including airport transportation.
I wouldn't normally shout out the van driver, but he had 2+" nails on all ten fingers. No idea what benefit they provide, but the price of admission was free along with the van ride.
I know I know......the same kind of deals await our arrival in the US.

pomps
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by pomps » August 28, 2014, 5:12 pm

They beat everyone else in Domestic regarding their flight meals,bit alarming that their passenger load figures are low,makes it a loss making route surely :-k
Excellent though baggage handlers only had to deal with luggage for 8 customers \:D/

Shado
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by Shado » August 28, 2014, 5:39 pm

I'm wondering if perhaps a lot, maybe most, of the people flying between Udon Thani and Bangkok are making strictly domestic trips and just want to avoid Suvarnabhumi altogether. It would seem, however, that the Suvarnabhumi skytrain would be an attractive option for getting downtown, if that was your destination.

We almost never go to Suvarnabhumi because there are so many more flight options to Don Mueang. Looking forward to some day giving BKK Air a try. I've flown with them to Samui and Chiang Mai but that was quite a while ago.

joepai
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by joepai » August 29, 2014, 8:24 am

Well done Parrot and welcome to BKK Air :D

Udon Map
Admin

BKK Air

Post by Udon Map » August 29, 2014, 9:18 am

Shado wrote:I'm wondering if perhaps a lot, maybe most, of the people flying between Udon Thani and Bangkok are making strictly domestic trips and just want to avoid Suvarnabhumi altogether. It would seem, however, that the Suvarnabhumi skytrain would be an attractive option for getting downtown, if that was your destination.

We almost never go to Suvarnabhumi because there are so many more flight options to Don Mueang. Looking forward to some day giving BKK Air a try. I've flown with them to Samui and Chiang Mai but that was quite a while ago.
And I'm on the other end of that. I much prefer Suvarnabhumi because of the ARL. Makes it easy, quick and painless to get into the city. And since all of the hotels I normally stay at are at or near BTS stations, it's perfect for me. OTOH I can see that if you have a lot of luggage, or bag(s) which are heavy or without wheels, a taxi is preferable.

Shado
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by Shado » August 29, 2014, 10:46 am

The advantage for us, as mentioned, are the flight options to Don Mueang. Simply a whole lot more to choose from. For domestic flights we typically carry little luggage. Agreed, once there the ARL is handy. Taxi queues at DM continue to grow longer and longer.

Return to “Travel & Transport”