Bangkok Air supends flights from 2 November

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » October 6, 2015, 4:09 pm

I just tried to book Udon/Bkk on November 4 and it seems they have suspended flights from last flight November 1.

Gurgle, Gurgle...

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » October 6, 2015, 6:04 pm

Thai Smile have an online special at the moment Baht 1055 one way Udon/BKK.
Gurgle, Gurgle...

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » October 6, 2015, 8:04 pm

Nok Air has many flights to Udon....but.....I booked four passengers last week to Bangkok, a couple days before our travel day, they cancelled the flight and we had to rebook (at no charge) on another Nok flight.

Then for our return, ditto, they cancelled our original flight, and we had to rebook to another time. It is good service and not a major inconvenience in our case, however it is a signal that perhaps there are too many flights right now competing with each other, so some had to be cut back.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 6, 2015, 11:59 pm

wokkawombat wrote:I just tried to book Udon/Bkk on November 4 and it seems they have suspended flights from last flight November 1.
That's a good heads up, thanks Wokka.

That's a shame, I like flying with them, especially if they lay on an ATR-72.

I certainly won't be flying anything Indonesian flavoured.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » October 7, 2015, 6:16 am

Been atr flights for sometime now,they gave up with their airbus to Udon,so seems they were reducing seat numbers due to too much competition,cancelling their afternoon flight was the start 8)
So can presume Udon will not get that direct flight to Samui after all :(

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 7, 2015, 8:17 am

There flights Udon to Chiang Mai also cancelled.....looks like they are pulling out of Udonsville.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » October 7, 2015, 9:50 am

Seems they are only keeping a Sunday Service! Means Overnight in Bangkok 2 twice a month to catch my flights to China. Oh Well hope her in doors understands

fantom
udonmap.com

Post by fantom » October 7, 2015, 11:32 am

Thanks Wokka, just submitted my request for refund from Bangkok Air, who I like to think might have eventually advised me that they would not be bringing me to Udon in Dec. as booked 1week ago.

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » October 7, 2015, 3:13 pm

Positive news for Thai smile,only flights from swampy now if international connecting flights is important \:D/

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 7, 2015, 3:53 pm

pomps wrote:Positive news for Thai smile,only flights from swampy now if international connecting flights is important \:D/

We just returned from the US......wanted to connect via Bangkok Air to Udon, but their schedule wasn't a good match for our incoming flight from Hong Kong. We ended up booking on Smile.......about 30kg overweight but charged a mere 700 baht. Good service comfy seats, 2 people one-way about $83

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 7, 2015, 4:34 pm

parrot wrote:We just returned from the US......wanted to connect via Bangkok Air to Udon, but their schedule wasn't a good match for our incoming flight from Hong Kong. We ended up booking on Smile.......about 30kg overweight but charged a mere 700 baht. Good service comfy seats, 2 people one-way about $83
Nice to have you back, Khun Parrot!

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » October 7, 2015, 4:50 pm

I have a confirmed booking with Bangkok Air from Bangkok (swampy) to Udon in January 2016, made about 10 days ago. In the light of the OP's post and comments above, I checked this booking with the airline (by telephone today) and they say the booking (flight) is confirmed, that they haven't suspended flights and that it is just a problem with their computer system, which they are working on currently.

If anyone hears anything to the contrary, (or if that is just a cover story for something else) then no doubt they will post it on this thread.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » October 7, 2015, 5:51 pm

Well, it just goes to show, - the normal Thai style of not telling you straight the true situation. Subsequent to my phone conversations with Bangkok Air, I received a reply to an email I had sent to them earlier, which reads as follows:
Thank you for your interest in Bangkok Airways' service.

According to your email, we apologise for any kind of inconvenience caused to you. Please be informed you that our routing flight for Udonthani will be operated the last flight on 29 November 2015 only.

In this regard, we are deeply sorry to inform you that our flight PG355 on January 14,2015 from Bangkok-Udonthani at 18.55 cancel have caused inconvenience to your travel plan.

Please be informed that you are able to refund your ticket in full amount to your credit card used.

Kindly state your intention to request for the refund via email, so that we will further your request to the Revenue Department without delay.
So contrary to what they said to me on the phone, they are discontinuing services.

It's a good job I had hedged my bets by booking with Thai Smile, a few minutes ago!!!

waanjai
udonmap.com

Post by waanjai » October 7, 2015, 10:27 pm

Social Media now report that PG 355 and PG 356 - BKK-UTH-BKK are affected from November 1st on.

ตั้งแต่ 1 พฤศจิกายน 2558 : Bangkok Airways ลดเที่ยวบิน สุวรรณภูมิ – อุดรธานี เหลือ 1 เที่ยวบิน/สัปดาห์
PG355 : สุวรรณภูมิ – อุดรธานี : 18.55 – 20.00 : บินวันอาทิตย์
PG356 : อุดรธานี – สุวรรณภูมิ : 20.45 – 21.50 : บินวันอาทิตย์
และก็ยกเลิกเที่ยวบิน เชียงใหม่ – อุดรธานี ทุกเที่ยวบิน
ปล.เสียดายจริงๆ ครับ

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 8, 2015, 5:04 am

Earnest wrote:<Snip>

I certainly won't be flying anything Indonesian flavoured.
I wouldn't thing Thai Lion have Indonesian Pilots, at the pointy end, and their aircraft appear to be relatively new so I wouldn't jump in to judge them - YET - using internal Indonesian safety standards, as a bench mark. Seem to be very popular looking at the check-in queues at UTH a few weeks ago.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 8, 2015, 8:17 am

I've done return flights with Thai Lion Air to Bangkok 3 times and once to Hat Yai.
I've no complaints.The service has been excellent and the planes are brand new.....flights were full every time.
They have been flying in Thailand for nearly 3 years now without a problem.....originally doing flights Bangkok to Hat Yai and Chiang Mai.
I dont think the pilots are Indonesian.....a mixture of Thai and farang from the captains messages en route,I would say ?
So,I wouldnt worry too much,Earnest......a chap like yourself who has seen service in Iraq,Syria and Liverpool should have no problems. ;)

This from Thai Visa on 1st October may help allay your fears.....

"You'll be happy to hear that Thai Lion Air has passed IOSA, IATA's Operational Safety Audit, NOK AIR (to my knowledge) have not yet passed that..."
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

mancman
udonmap.com

Post by mancman » October 8, 2015, 9:33 am

So Udon loses 1 airline out of 5 flying to BKK but still there is only 1 airline flying direct to Phuket ????

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » October 8, 2015, 10:04 am

And now we are ONLY one airline to the International Airport in Bangkok for those of that Fly in and Fly out, Thai Smile
Hopefully they wont move as there was rumors last year

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 8, 2015, 10:41 am

This from skyscrapercity:
Attachments
1444216689-1-o.jpg

mancman
udonmap.com

Post by mancman » October 8, 2015, 11:09 am

dingdong wrote:And now we are ONLY one airline to the International Airport in Bangkok for those of that Fly in and Fly out, Thai Smile
Hopefully they wont move as there was rumors last year
I used to "fly in fly out" to Perth from Phuket but only1 flight per day from udon

Return to “Travel & Transport”