automatic transmission problems

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
waltpong
udonmap.com

automatic transmission problems

Post by waltpong » June 18, 2017, 7:39 pm

I am having problem with my transmission slipping can anyone advice a place to fix problems like this?
and the car is 20 years old Mitsubishi Lancer.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Re: automatic transmission problems

Post by mickojak » June 18, 2017, 7:50 pm

At that age, it is very, very likely to be just low on transmission fluid.
Going from the feedback on this forum, I would go to Baan Jig Garage, ( A sponsor on the front page).
Talk to him and have him check the fluid level.

I reckon that will fix it.
Mick

waltpong
udonmap.com

Post by waltpong » June 18, 2017, 9:11 pm

My car died 2 weeks ago in Udon and had Baan JIg tow it to his place he is a very knowledgeable person and has
all the equipment to solve many if not all car problems and he even offered to dropped my car off to Liberty bar where it died 2 weeks ago to save me the hassle of going there to pick it up. I recommend that if anyone has any car issues to
call him first very/very good above service but I think he is baffled? on tranny issues cause he has not replayed back when I
told him about this problem so that is why I asked about transmission places.

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » June 19, 2017, 12:07 am

I wouldn't bother replacing the autobox... I would sell it for spares and buy a replacement car that works.
Example: VW Golf (Rabbit for you Tony), ฿65,000, in Udon... with autobox that works.
c39eb.jpg

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » June 19, 2017, 7:08 am

Give Baan Jig a chance!! They will probably have to have ordered parts which, if your car is old might take time to source.
There is also an auto repair centre advertising on one of the car sales sites.

http://www.bahtsold.com/view/automatic- ... and-288549

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 19, 2017, 7:20 am

waltpong wrote:ut I think he is baffled? on tranny issues cause he has not replayed back when I
told him about this problem so that is why I asked about transmission places
Ok, but has anyone checked the fluid level?
Have a look youself at the rear of the engine bay.
Look for a dipstick similar to the engine oil one. (Although your car is probably too new to have one).
Otherwise just take it to the Mitsubishi dealer and have them check the fluid level.
Not a hard job.
Mick

BAANJIGSERVICE
udonmap.com

Post by BAANJIGSERVICE » June 19, 2017, 9:14 am

Hi Waltpong

About the transmission problem
My apologies for delay on reply.
I've tried to search for the clutch in udon and bangkok but they don't have.
The second choice is to find a new transmission which I saw one but the junkyard won't garantee or refund if the transimssion is bad so as a mechanic and owner of Garage
I can't do that kind of fix to replace the parts and wish on luck. Since the model of the car is quite rare there are not alot of parts around and the spare parts shop won't order them. So there are not alot of options here.
1. Fix the transmission . The only proper way to fix it is send the transmission to promnimit( located in bangkok) which is the place where they fix the transmission. But will cost around 50,000 baht.
2. Buy a new transmission which will cost around 28,000 - 38,000 . But no place will garantee or refund if the transmission goes wrong. (Junk yard in thai they won' t even test if the part is in good condition or not.)
3.I'm sorry to say this but you should think about replacing your car because of lack of parts and high prices.
(But keep in mind that I am looking the transmission for you just need a place that could garantee.)
Please feel free to contact me should you have any more enquires.
Mob: 0956534888

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Travel & Transport”