Car Tax renewal

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
gprit
udonmap.com

Car Tax renewal

Post by gprit » December 14, 2017, 9:10 am

Where is the easiest place to renew this?
Is it standard rate for all cars (have Almera).
Expires end of the month so presumably will renew 12 months from that date not date renewed?
Also do they take cards?!

thanks

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Re: Car Tax renewal

Post by Hoopoe » December 14, 2017, 11:56 am

More info should be given , it would be pointless .recommending a place if you lived 90 kilometers away , so give your location/area ,,,,just Udon is irrelevant as the area it covers is huge , then maybe you would get better informed ,

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » December 14, 2017, 3:27 pm

[quote=gprit post_id=502037 time=1513217446 user_id=29299]
Where is the easiest place to renew this?
Is it standard rate for all cars (have Almera).
Expires end of the month so presumably will renew 12 months from that date not date renewed?
Also do they take cards?!

thanks
[/quote]

If the car is over 5 years old it will need to be inspected. You can go to any inspection station and if your car passes the inspection they will give you an inspection certificate after you pay the inspection fee.. If your car is financed several of the banks will be able to obtain a new tax certificate for you so that you can attach it on your windshield. If you can do this thru your bank that is financing your car and if it is over 5 years old they will asking for that inspection certificate. Do not wait to the last minute to take care of this. The best thing to do first of all is to ask your neighbors or have your thai wife ask the neighbors.. They will be able to tell you where to go to have this done. My suggestion is to assume that all of your trans actions will be done in cash.
Cash is accepted everywhere..... :)
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » December 15, 2017, 5:37 am

https://www.google.co.th/maps/dir/Udon+ ... d17.239186

I thought the rule for cars was 7 years before inspection required. Anyway if you need an inspection there is a driving school, I think called Udon Driving School, in Non Sung not far from the Land Transport Office. They will do the inspection and even get the new registration for you. I have used them twice.

http://www.udondriver.com/gallery.php?gallery_id=7

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » December 15, 2017, 8:26 pm

there are inspection stations all over town. They usually have the cogged wheel sign out front. My Isuzu pickup is now 6 1/2 years old. When we had to get the tax paid this last July I took it to an inspection station and was quickly told, "no, its not 7 years old yet..." We went down to AEK to the Land Transport office, stopped at Viriyah Insurance to renew our policies (Mandatory Liability and Class I) the processed it at Land Transport paying the tax for a 4 door pickup with a 3.0 liter diesel (bigger the engine higher the tax). Each bracket of vehicles and engine sizes has a different tax.
Dave

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » December 15, 2017, 8:56 pm

Smart Drive on the left side of Nongbua-Songsai Rd. after you dive about 1 kM from the ring road toward Nongsai.

Have the quick inspection, pay the money, and come back the next day to pick up your receipt and window sticker.

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » December 15, 2017, 11:31 pm

You can do this anywhere you see this sign 8)
images.jpg
images.jpg (8.07 KiB) Viewed 946 times
Bring back Saint

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 16, 2017, 7:05 am

indeed , they will also pay the tax for you for a small fee ( 50-100 baht depending what shop ) , if you do not want to pay this , go to aek udon transport office and pay there...
and the obliged check-up is at 5 years for motorbike and 7 years for a car .... ;)

Fatone
udonmap.com

Post by Fatone » December 16, 2017, 10:30 am

Hi guys, hw much is tax and insurance fr 3L pick up?

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 16, 2017, 11:13 am

taxes and insurance all depending the year , model (2 or 4 door) , engine size,coverage ....
difficult question to answer... ;)

Return to “Travel & Transport”