New Drink Driving Law?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

New Drink Driving Law?

Post by semperfiguy » April 9, 2018, 8:23 am

This morning my wife received a post on one of her LINE app groups that indicated a new law that went into effect yesterday. If one is caught drink driving there will be an automatic 10,000 baht fine and one month in jail. I haven't seen this confirmed in any media announcements, so I can't say if this is true or not. Perhaps some of our Thai reading/speaking forum members can peruse the local news outlets to see if this is valid. Just thought I'd give all the drinkers a heads up!

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: New Drink Driving Law?

Post by stattointhailand » April 9, 2018, 10:36 am

That means only 0ne of two things Semp ......... BIB are going to stop checking, or the Chinese have come up with the money to build several thousand new jails. 30 days inside for each offence sounds great ......... that will cure loads of problems. Think of all the extra police jobs working in the new prisons, and the fact that thousands will immediately be removed from the roads whilst they are "inside" so less traffic jams =D> =D> =D>

Probably find out "caught drink driving" is when you actually have the drink in your hand when they stop you :lol:

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 9, 2018, 10:41 am

well government here love job creation schemes, and I think there's enough drunks on the roads to keep the BIB in work :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 9, 2018, 10:50 am

papafarang wrote:
April 9, 2018, 10:41 am
well government here love job creation schemes, and I think there's enough drunks on the roads to keep the BIB in work :lol:
ppf ? BIB & work in the same sentence? :lol:

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 9, 2018, 8:30 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 9, 2018, 10:50 am
papafarang wrote:
April 9, 2018, 10:41 am
ppf ? BIB & work in the same sentence? :lol:
less off the work theme, I meant it in a loose fashion
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 9, 2018, 8:42 pm

Personally, I think one has to consider the ulterior motives behind any new scheme which is announced that masquerades as a new law or regulation. I don't have any first hand knowledge of this, but I can guess that if one was stopped for drink driving in the past, he could probably get off scot-free on the spot with a few thousand baht "tip". Now that they have raised the fine level and added jail time, they can simply demand a larger payoff to let one go. You can bet that they're always thinking of new and better ways to line their own pockets when other methods dry up due to changes in the rules. Nothing is ever as it appears in Thailand. It's all about the money for the BIB, and they could give a hoot less about protecting the citizenry from dangerous drivers. Just my humble opinion of course.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 9, 2018, 10:20 pm

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » April 9, 2018, 11:38 pm

Rumour now, possibly fact later.
Selection_999(335).png
We just need to "wait for it..."

1. It starts as an online rumour.

2. Then goes so viral that actual cops decide to "enforce" it.

3. It then becomes the actual law.

4. Loop holes and work-arounds are introduced by clever types. Lottery picks depend on it.

5. Rich types get really good at gaming the system, and top police catch on as to how to best profit on massive scale.

6. Another rumour triggers a complete restart.

"Causation" Thai style.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 10, 2018, 2:20 pm

There is supposedly going to be a new points based system for driving licences (12 points). Drunk driving will get you 3 points, so you can be caught 4 times before losing your licence. And points expire after 12 months. This could be a big deterrent to all this lawlessness :^o

And if you do loose your licence, just keep on driving like the 50% who never bothered getting one to start with!

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » April 10, 2018, 3:19 pm

rick wrote:
April 10, 2018, 2:20 pm
There is supposedly going to be a new points based system for driving licences (12 points). Drunk driving will get you 3 points, so you can be caught 4 times before losing your licence. And points expire after 12 months. This could be a big deterrent to all this lawlessness :^o

And if you do loose your licence, just keep on driving like the 50% who never bothered getting one to start with!
Or drive anyway ,if you get caught without a license you get fined and have 7 days to get your license,they cannot fine you again within the 7 day period, so when the 7 days are up they can fine you again ,i couldn't believe this when i saw my stepson get fined and was then told the rules ,

Return to “Travel & Transport”