Dubai Airport restrictions 16 Apr to 30 May 2019

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Dubai Airport restrictions 16 Apr to 30 May 2019

Post by JimboPSM » October 9, 2018, 10:46 pm

Dubai Airport is closing one runway from 16th April to 30th May next year for a major refurbishment.

As a result, Emirates will be cutting 28% of its capacity that operates through Dubai from 16th April to 30th May next year.

This means that many of the Emirates flights that operate from Thailand through Dubai, both to its 42 European destinations (there are now 8 in the UK) and other worldwide areas, will be affected (with quite a number being cancelled) and, for penny pinchers like myself, the possibility of special offers on seats will be limited :(

Anyone who already has flights booked for that period that transit through Dubai should verify on a regular basis whether their flights are affected as the cancellations and schedule changes are still work-in-progress.

Additionally, as the remaining runway will be operating at, or very close, to 100% capacity, delays will become inevitable should even any comparatively minor runway incidents occur.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Barney
udonmap.com

Re: Dubai Airport restrictions 16 Apr to 30 May 2019

Post by Barney » October 9, 2018, 11:53 pm

They will most likely use Al Maktoum airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Dubai Airport restrictions 16 Apr to 30 May 2019

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 10, 2018, 6:03 am

Barney wrote:
October 9, 2018, 11:53 pm
They will most likely use Al Maktoum airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately that isn't an option apart for an emergency return for a plane. Emirates flights and others into DBX are mostly feeder and onward connections so theY can't use another airport as the passengers won't have time to transfer by road to catch the connection at DBX

DBX works as a Bank Hub airport with a connection time usually of less than 2 hours so using another airport only works if all flights are rescheduled.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Return to “Travel & Transport”