Motorbike

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Lukie

Motorbike

Post by Lukie » May 28, 2007, 12:02 am

Hello,

Does anybody know if there is a place in or around Udon where you can rent a big motorbike? I kwow the shop where they sell Harley's but they normally don't have rentals (at least 2 years ago they didn't have)

greetz and thanks for any kind of reply about this subject

Lukie

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » May 28, 2007, 9:18 am

Guess that depends on the size little guys lots of places bigs one not that I know of.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 28, 2007, 9:36 am

ray23 wrote:Guess that depends on the size little guys lots of places bigs one not that I know of.
??.......the poor guy may need a translation for this.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » May 28, 2007, 9:45 am

Ok if you want a 100CC to a 125CC motorbike they are avialble for bikes larger then that I have not seen any shops. The shop he referrred to is a Harley shop and no you won't find rentals for that size bike here to my knoweledge.

Ok that better. :lol:

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 28, 2007, 10:14 am

The ''Two Wheeler''bar in Nong Khai has big bike rentals.I have seen 3-4 out front at times for rent!I don't know anything about bikes,but Ray has been there and he probably saw them,but maybe forgot??

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » May 28, 2007, 10:18 am

I've seen them didn't know you could rent them though, I would say that the ones I saw them you definetly need to be an experienced rider. That kind of power can get in a lot of trouble real fast. They looked like nice bikes.

Lukie

Post by Lukie » May 29, 2007, 5:26 pm

I am an experienced driver, I own a Harley , so I'm looking for a real bike, not some toys like there are thousands in Udon. The Two Wheeler Bar is an option but is a little bit difficult because it not so close to Udon. I think for Udon this is quit a "missing spot" in the market since many farlangs stay over there and maby they have the need of driving bikes like that (anyway I do).
Maybe new possibillities will show up later for this topic, I 'll keep on hoping.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » May 29, 2007, 6:03 pm

Lukie lots of guys ride big bikes here and enjoy them a lot. But, renting is s differenrt story, a freidn runs a tour company usin big bikes. I have no idea if he woudl rent a big bike or not. Lot of money invested in these bikes as you know.

Knowing the location that Stan mentioned I was actually surprised that they would rent bikes. How long do plan on being here, if the time frame is long enough perhaps buying one then selling it would be option. I fit has to be a Harely that probably wouldn't work, but there are many big bikes for sale here.

On the other hand it's only an hour to Nong Khai.

The guys I ride with will probably help yuo nayway they an just ler us know how w maybe able o do that, but renttals here in town I don't think so. But I will ask the guy if you can give me an idea of how ling yuo will need the bikes and when.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » May 29, 2007, 6:14 pm

I'll think you'll have to keep on hoping, to open a bike rental shop is not the same as opening a car rent shop, where you don't have to make a big outlay for new stock. You use pool cars like a AVIS franchise where you get a 35% commission on cars you rent out.
There is nothing like it for motorbikes, you have to pay the full cost of the motorbike yourself, a huge investment.
It would take a long time to get a return on your investment. The biggest bike
you can get here is the Honda Phantom 250cc. You can get bigger bikes that have been imported in parts and reassembled.

A bike rent shop works well in Pattaya where there are plenty of tourists.
Look at all the bike renters along "Freelance Street" (Beach Road).
In Udon Thani? A wheelchair or zimmer frame rental.

Motorbikes ?Maybe in the future.

seesibet
udonmap.com

Post by seesibet » July 21, 2007, 10:38 am

Lukie, Just wondering if you have been for your trip yet and if so, did you find any larger bikes for rent in Udon?
I will be arriving in Udon in October for a two week tour of the region on motorbike and was looking for something a little bit bigger than Dreams or Waves. It doesn't have to be a big thumper but we will be clocking up a couple of thousand km's so something a bit more suited to touring would be great.
I know this question has been asked before but if anyone has any updated info on the topic, it would be appreciated.

Seaserpent
udonmap.com

Post by Seaserpent » July 21, 2007, 11:04 am

You can always rent a big bike in Bangkok and ride up to UT....

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » July 21, 2007, 11:35 am

BKKSTAN wrote:The ''Two Wheeler''bar in Nong Khai has big bike rentals.I have seen 3-4 out front at times for rent!I don't know anything about bikes,but Ray has been there and he probably saw them,but maybe forgot??
UPDATE:I hear the bar has changed hands!I don't see any bikes out front anymore,nor do I see any customers!

Gozzo
udonmap.com

Post by Gozzo » July 21, 2007, 1:18 pm

Maybe there is a need for a "Two Wheeler " bar in Udon. I am 52 but not yet able to make the permanent move there yet. I come back to Udon every 6 months and would rent a big bike there if I could.

I am an experienced big bike rider just like Lukie. How many more reading this forum?
Such is life.

seesibet
udonmap.com

Post by seesibet » July 21, 2007, 1:58 pm

I had considered that Seaserpent but i am now flying directly into Udon from Singapore so that option is out now.

Gozzo, maybe a business venture beckons??? I too am a motorcycle tragic and although at home i have a 1450cc Duece, a 400-500cc machine would be ideal for exploring Issan area. I guess there just musn't be a lot of call for such a machine in Udon.

I can feel a sore a$$ coming on if i've got to do a couple of thousand km's on a 125cc bike.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » July 21, 2007, 4:00 pm

I saw the bikes never knew they were for rent. The othre p option buy one anf d then sell if when yuo leave. I don't think thete is enough potential busines to warratn a bike rental here like you see in heavy tourist area. But I couldl be very wrong.

seesibet
udonmap.com

Post by seesibet » August 3, 2007, 10:11 pm

I found a website for a place called Big Cycle, in Udon. Unfortunately i can't find it anymore as it seems to be down at the moment.
However, i emailed them and they have just replied and advised that they have 400cc bikes in good condition for 700 baht/day. They have bigger bikes available as well but not sure of the price.
Hope this helps someone.

Has anyone dealt with them and if so, any problems?

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » August 4, 2007, 2:02 am

I had that but never beleived it and when aked the owne soem time back he aid no. By the way I saw a sign on a big bike for rent for the first time here. It's not that shop, I will be on a ride with the owner Sunday and will ask about it. Maybe things will change,

The only thing I know about the shop is it's sales in the past and the bikes seem to be in good condition. I asked at the other big bike shop in town in the answer was no. Gigo is the owner of the shop your talking about, it's located on Ring Road. He has in house Mechanics.

The shop where I saw the sign is really an Phantom accessory shop and they don't have a mechanic on site. They do sale big bikes, I let you know, what he says.

If Gigo is renting might be the best answer, but I will ask anyway.

Price on rental never done it so I can't help you there. But it could very well be the only game in town, or the area for that matter.

seesibet
udonmap.com

Post by seesibet » August 4, 2007, 6:11 am

Thanks for that Ray. It's hard to sort these type of things out from half a world away so i really appreciate all your help.

Yes, it is Jiggo that i emailed so hopefully things are looking up as far as finding a decent size bike for October.

If any one else is interested in contacting him, the email address is [email protected]

Lek Car Rentals
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by Lek Car Rentals » August 4, 2007, 1:47 pm

Lek Car Rentals are pleased to announce we are now opening Lek Bike & Super Bike Rentals. We plan to stock a range of up to 20 different sizes and model of bikes.

Bikes available for rent will be added to the web site each day,

http://www.lekcarrentaludonthani.com/

With best regards

Douglas & Lek

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » August 4, 2007, 1:55 pm

seesibet wrote:Thanks for that Ray. It's hard to sort these type of things out from half a world away so i really appreciate all your help.

Yes, it is Jiggo that i emailed so hopefully things are looking up as far as finding a decent size bike for October.

If any one else is interested in contacting him, the email address is [email protected]
Wow looks like you really got somethign started here think I will just stay out of the way =D>

Return to “Travel & Transport”