Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Post Reply
glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 1571
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by glalt » June 15, 2019, 9:59 pm

I was in the navy. I saw enough salt water to last me a lifetime. However, one place I would have liked to live was Prachuap Kirikhan. Beautiful place. A very nice small city with many kilometers of deserted beaches and mountains close by. If I had been permitted to buy property there, I would likely still be there. I was single at the time and just wanted a quiet laid back life. After I got married, my wife had a house in a scenic part of Loei province. I did keep my condo in the farang ghetto but have been up here for more than ten years.



vlad
udonmap.com
Posts: 1594
Joined: July 23, 2008, 8:03 pm
Location: united kingdom.

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by vlad » June 16, 2019, 12:26 am

Sateeb There your just not getting it are you ? Thailand is a Beautiful place but you are now paying top doller those places where as a lot of years it was a cheap Destination but not anymore. The main reason I go to Udon is to meet all the friends i've met but that's all ?? you can't even use the pool at the Panarai unless your a guest there the kavin Buri is to dangerous with trip ends on the tongue n groove that move up and down when your walking, the sunbeds are all damaged and broken no umbrellas so what you do ? A run out to Ruy suk's pool or the Napalai, or the President. That's all you got in Udon. if it was not for the fact i have many friends id not be coming to Udon.

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5261
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: ฃอยชอบ Auckland

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by GT93 » June 16, 2019, 8:52 am

jackspratt wrote:
June 15, 2019, 10:44 am
glalt wrote:
June 15, 2019, 9:55 am
Consider if you had been born in a muslim country. Miserable people may very well be candidates for a suicide vest. Count your blessings.
Based on posts on UM, I'll be keeping a close watch on the Christian Poms and Yanks then - thanks for the heads up. :roll:
Yes, I've been concerned about some deranged farang doing a mass spree killing in Thailand. The perp is likely to have been displaying considerable hostility and anger before going postal.

glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 1571
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by glalt » June 16, 2019, 10:37 am

vlad wrote:
June 16, 2019, 12:26 am
Sateeb There your just not getting it are you ? Thailand is a Beautiful place but you are now paying top doller those places where as a lot of years it was a cheap Destination but not anymore. The main reason I go to Udon is to meet all the friends i've met but that's all ?? you can't even use the pool at the Panarai unless your a guest there the kavin Buri is to dangerous with trip ends on the tongue n groove that move up and down when your walking, the sunbeds are all damaged and broken no umbrellas so what you do ? A run out to Ruy suk's pool or the Napalai, or the President. That's all you got in Udon. if it was not for the fact i have many friends id not be coming to Udon.
A hotel swimming pool SHOULD be for only the guests. I used to stay at a hotel that had a nice swimming pool. The last time I stayed there they had opened it to the public. That totally destroyed the atmosphere and created a lot of damage. I would think that extra money was the reason it opened to the public. They may have collected money from the public but they lost at least this customer.

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5261
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: ฃอยชอบ Auckland

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by GT93 » July 7, 2019, 4:56 pm

"Every year for the past eight years we have saved and come to Phuket for minimum of a week ..." a tourist reports:

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism ... smiles?amp

He's not returning because of the attitude of shopkeepers in Phuket.

But Swampy is expecting 200,000 arrivals a day from October:

http://www.nationthailand.com/business/30372123

The Chinese are returning.

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1144
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by newtovillagelife » July 7, 2019, 6:08 pm

GT93 wrote:
July 7, 2019, 4:56 pm
"Every year for the past eight years we have saved and come to Phuket for minimum of a week ..." a tourist reports:

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism ... smiles?amp

He's not returning because of the attitude of shopkeepers in Phuket.

But Swampy is expecting 200,000 arrivals a day from October:

http://www.nationthailand.com/business/30372123

The Chinese are returning.
That's OK Asians prefer Asians....

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 9079
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by parrot » July 7, 2019, 6:44 pm

GT93 wrote:
July 7, 2019, 4:56 pm
"Every year for the past eight years we have saved and come to Phuket for minimum of a week ..." a tourist reports:

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism ... smiles?amp

He's not returning because of the attitude of shopkeepers in Phuket.

But Swampy is expecting 200,000 arrivals a day from October:

http://www.nationthailand.com/business/30372123

The Chinese are returning.
Our daughter, her two friends, and I spent a few days in Bangkok, Udon, Phuket, Samui, then Bangkok again.......non-stop shop, drink, eat, sight see. No bad encounters with taxis, tuktuks, speedboats, restaurants, shopkeepers. I'm sure they're out there.......especially if you get involved with some of the "tour louts" that prowl the airport/tourist sights. But then, I'd guess most all Asia tourist areas have them.

vlad
udonmap.com
Posts: 1594
Joined: July 23, 2008, 8:03 pm
Location: united kingdom.

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by vlad » July 7, 2019, 7:13 pm

The pound has now fallen to 38 tbt with no good news to improve the rate.

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1144
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by newtovillagelife » July 8, 2019, 9:35 am

Rich Indians to the Rescue as Chinese Tourists Shun Thailand......

The rapid expansion of the middle class among India’s 1.3 billion people has prompted Thai authorities to upgrade their estimates of Indian visitors. At least 10 million are now expected to arrive in 2028, a more than five-fold increase on 2018 visits. That sort of growth trajectory would mimic the rise of Chinese tourists, who jumped from 800,000 in 2008 to more than 10 million last year.

yartims
udonmap.com
Posts: 815
Joined: July 23, 2018, 11:14 pm

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by yartims » July 8, 2019, 7:53 pm

glalt wrote:
June 16, 2019, 10:37 am
vlad wrote:
June 16, 2019, 12:26 am
Sateeb There your just not getting it are you ? Thailand is a Beautiful place but you are now paying top doller those places where as a lot of years it was a cheap Destination but not anymore. The main reason I go to Udon is to meet all the friends i've met but that's all ?? you can't even use the pool at the Panarai unless your a guest there the kavin Buri is to dangerous with trip ends on the tongue n groove that move up and down when your walking, the sunbeds are all damaged and broken no umbrellas so what you do ? A run out to Ruy suk's pool or the Napalai, or the President. That's all you got in Udon. if it was not for the fact i have many friends id not be coming to Udon.
A hotel swimming pool SHOULD be for only the guests. I used to stay at a hotel that had a nice swimming pool. The last time I stayed there they had opened it to the public. That totally destroyed the atmosphere and created a lot of damage. I would think that extra money was the reason it opened to the public. They may have collected money from the public but they lost at least this customer.
Officials Warn About 'Crypto', a Parasite That Can Live in a Pool For Days
LINDSEY BEVER, THE WASHINGTON POST
3 JUL 2019

Federal public health officials are urging people to take precautions to protect themselves against a microscopic parasite that can live for days in swimming pools and water playgrounds and cause severe intestinal problems.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published a report last week about the increased number of outbreaks caused by the fecal parasite Cryptosporidium, more commonly known as "Crypto".

The parasite, a common cause of water-related disease outbreaks across the United States, causes cryptosporidiosis, a disease characterized by nausea, vomiting and "watery diarrhea" that can last for weeks, according to the CDC.

Although most cases do not require medical treatment, public health experts warn the parasite may pose a greater risk to people who are especially young or old or who have compromised immune systems and are at increased risk for "life-threatening malnutrition".

The warning came from the CDC's recent Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, which highlighted an average 13 percent increase in cryptosporidiosis outbreaks each year from 2009 to 2017.

The CDC said that over the past decade, there have been more than 400 reported outbreaks in the United States, leading to nearly 7,500 people becoming sick. Of those, more than 200 people were hospitalized, and one person died as a result of the disease, according to the report.

The most common cause of the outbreaks was swallowing contaminated water from recreational places, researchers said.

In about 35 percent of the outbreaks, sicknesses were linked to swimming pools and playgrounds, according to the report. Contact with infected cattle accounted for about 15 percent, and contact with infected people in child-care settings accounted for about 13 percent, according to the report.

Michele Hlavsa, who heads the CDC's Healthy Swimming Program, said in a news release last week that "young children can get seriously sick and easily spread Crypto."

https://www.sciencealert.com/crypto-a-p ... dc-warning
the only good Tory is a lavatory

User avatar
BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com
Posts: 239
Joined: October 28, 2010, 6:32 pm

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by BillaRickaDickay » July 9, 2019, 6:39 am

I haven't used public swimming pools for decades, the first thing kids do when they get in is have a Piss.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2768
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by saint » July 9, 2019, 7:51 am

I would rather swim in a pool full of piss , than the coastal waters of Thailand that are full of untreated sewage .
Best to have your own pool if you have the space and like swimming . I thought about it , but my dogs would spend more time in it than myself or Mrs .

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 804
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by dunroaming » July 9, 2019, 8:16 am

saint wrote:
July 9, 2019, 7:51 am
I would rather swim in a pool full of piss , than the coastal waters of Thailand that are full of untreated sewage .
Best to have your own pool if you have the space and like swimming . I thought about it , but my dogs would spend more time in it than myself or Mrs .
With you on that one Saint and not sure but think they have the sense not to piss in it unlike kids lol

Post Reply

Return to “Travel & Transport”