Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Natas

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by Natas » June 8, 2019, 6:04 pm

vlad wrote:
June 8, 2019, 3:36 pm
Well it looks like the Baht will carry on plummeting due partly to the same old regime in charge. The pensions will drop costing you a lot of lost income on your pensions and if its true that TAT are pushing for Indian Tourists this will seal the end. All you see coming from Tourism ministers is the Chinese are keeping away so there targeting Indians never once do they mention European Tourists who i believe are the bread n butter tourist. With the visa requirements there asking now this will also deter people coming over and retiring. Lets not hide away and bury your head in the sand if your in your 60s your not likely to up sticks and relocate to another country or will return to your own country. So sadly your going to have to remain and watch your money haemorrhage unless you have a mega pension.
No one here cares. This falls on deaf ears. The issue is they ignore the true issues.. Take their daily "meds" and forget more.. Sad but true.
Long Live Udon Expats.. hahaha

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 8, 2019, 9:10 pm

Natas wrote:
June 7, 2019, 4:21 pm
Well to the ex Ontario guy who lives in BC.. Alberta does not want you there.. To the village dweller chap.. You missed the point when you lived in Calgary.. The key to living in Calgary is going 1 hour west.. So before you cut down one of most beautiful areas on the planet, think again. I love reading about people cutting into Alberta.. Shows your true ignorance.
I was born in Toronto and still live here. I have also lived 10 years in Vancouver, one year in Saskatoon, and a summer near Springdale, Newfoundland and one summer at Baddeck, Nova Scotia. I have been to Edmonton and spent time in Calgary. I went cross-country skiing near Lake Louise in some of the most beautiful country there is in the world, I liked both Medicine Hat and Lethbridge. The Saskatoon winter was harsh, but it was bearable although the temperature never getting above -20 for five weeks in a row put a bit of a damper on my enthusiasm for the 'Toon. I have been able to any city or country I have visited or lived in. Ian Tyson wrote a nice song about living in Alberta 'Four Strong Winds' although he had to leave Sylvia behind.

I also lived two years in London, England, about 6 years in Thailand (mostly Chiang Mai [was a student at Chiang Mai U. for 2 years and in Khon Kaen], a month in Denmark, a month in Norway, a month in Missoula, Montana.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 8, 2019, 9:58 pm

vlad wrote:
June 8, 2019, 3:36 pm
Well it looks like the Baht will carry on plummeting due partly to the same old regime in charge. The pensions will drop costing you a lot of lost income on your pensions and if its true that TAT are pushing for Indian Tourists this will seal the end. All you see coming from Tourism ministers is the Chinese are keeping away so there targeting Indians never once do they mention European Tourists who i believe are the bread n butter tourist. With the visa requirements there asking now this will also deter people coming over and retiring. Lets not hide away and bury your head in the sand if your in your 60s your not likely to up sticks and relocate to another country or will return to your own country. So sadly your going to have to remain and watch your money haemorrhage unless you have a mega pension.
Vlad You Saying.........Well it looks like the Baht will carry on plummeting ....I Wish it was my friend,But It's GAINING in Strength against EVERY Other Currency,Certainly NOT Plummeting !!

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 8, 2019, 11:57 pm

Whats this got to do with Thailand ??

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 9, 2019, 6:43 am

AH Saskatchewan flat as a pancake, great deer hunting

To better describe it,

"My dog ran away 3 days ago and I can still see him"

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » June 9, 2019, 9:46 am

Doodoo wrote:
June 9, 2019, 6:43 am
Wow! Now that's flat.
Voiceover for hire.

Natas

Post by Natas » June 9, 2019, 11:10 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
June 8, 2019, 9:10 pm
Natas wrote:
Well to the ex Ontario guy who lives in BC.. Alberta does not want you there.. To the village dweller chap.. You missed the point when you lived in Calgary.. The key to living in Calgary is going 1 hour west.. So before you cut down one of most beautiful areas on the planet, think again. I love reading about people cutting into Alberta.. Shows your true ignorance.
I was born in Toronto and still live here. I have also lived 10 years in Vancouver, one year in Saskatoon, and a summer near Springdale, Newfoundland and one summer at Baddeck, Nova Scotia. I have been to Edmonton and spent time in Calgary. I went cross-country skiing near Lake Louise in some of the most beautiful country there is in the world, I liked both Medicine Hat and Lethbridge. The Saskatoon winter was harsh, but it was bearable although the temperature never getting above -20 for five weeks in a row put a bit of a damper on my enthusiasm for the 'Toon. I have been able to any city or country I have visited or lived in. Ian Tyson wrote a nice song about living in Alberta 'Four Strong Winds' although he had to leave Sylvia behind.

I also lived two years in London, England, about 6 years in Thailand (mostly Chiang Mai [was a student at Chiang Mai U. for 2 years and in Khon Kaen], a month in Denmark, a month in Norway, a month in Missoula, Montana.
Do you want a medal or a trophy? You should flick that Ontario chip of your shoulder.
It shines through on your posts.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 9, 2019, 11:21 am

Raoul Duke wrote:
June 9, 2019, 9:46 am
Doodoo wrote:
June 9, 2019, 6:43 am
Wow! Now that's flat.
And even better eye sight lol

Natas

Post by Natas » June 9, 2019, 12:00 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
June 8, 2019, 9:10 pm
Natas wrote:

Wait a minute here.. You do not even live in Thailand currently? You have never lived in Udon Thani. You spent some time in Khon Kaen..
And yet you are on here with your opinion on this thread.
WTF is that?
You do not have one ounce of creditability with me. At least I live here and have to listen to this Visa / Leaving Thailand conversation from other expats who live here and are frustrated with the current situation..

Wow oh wow. A true forum Troll.. You must be either extremely bored or just have nothing to do in TO. I am sure you got all the other Thailand Forums on your address bar for quick access.

This is a primary example what is wrong with this forum.. Why would someone who does not even live here or has lived here be on here?
I do not get it.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 9, 2019, 1:09 pm

Wow oh wow. A true forum Troll..
LYM has been an insightful, astute and helpful member of this forum since 2007, and his opinions have been welcomed by many over the past 12 years. He has a deep understanding of Thailand and its politics, and speaks and writes the language fluently.

And you - I am not surprised you "don't get it"?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 9, 2019, 1:17 pm

jackspratt wrote:
June 9, 2019, 1:09 pm
Wow oh wow. A true forum Troll..
LYM has been an insightful, astute and helpful member of this forum since 2007, and his opinions have been welcomed by many over the past 12 years. He has a deep understanding of Thailand and its politics, and speaks and writes the language fluently.

And you - I am not surprised you "don't get it"?
Hes probably forgotten more about Thailand , than i will ever know . :shock:

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » June 9, 2019, 1:25 pm

Jack & saint have it right. Laan Yaa Mo has been a consistently accurate and helpful member for a lot of years. He has a lovely wife in Khon Kaen and is quite knowledgeable about Thai history and culture. A stand-up guy who has contributed much insight on the forum.

Natas

Post by Natas » June 9, 2019, 1:35 pm

Shado wrote:
June 9, 2019, 1:25 pm
Jack & saint have it right. Laan Yaa Mo has been a consistently accurate and helpful member for a lot of years. He has a lovely wife in Khon Kaen and is quite knowledgeable about Thai history and culture. A stand-up guy who has contributed much insight on the forum.
Then he should stick to educating us all about Thailand and keep his opinion about Canada to the place he lives in there.
You guys must be either extremely dense or just the same types cut from the same cloth...
Again arguing on a forum with a crew of people who I am sure get off on each other.
Hope you all got your visa's, cash and medical inline .

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 9, 2019, 2:33 pm

Shado wrote:
June 9, 2019, 1:25 pm
Hmm, seems to be on my ignore list.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 9, 2019, 3:18 pm

747 today its still 39 to the baht id say that's a plummet from 6 month's ago.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 9, 2019, 4:28 pm

Natas wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
June 5, 2019, 7:53 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
June 5, 2019, 6:59 am
jai yen yen wrote:
June 5, 2019, 6:38 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
June 5, 2019, 6:05 am
Well, if I wanted a Western quality of life, I guess I would live in Canada like yourself. For now, I am more than happy with the quality of life afforded me in Thailand.
Nothing wrong with living in Thailand if it suits you and it still has it's good points. My point was you cannot compare costs unless you compare lifestyles. When I owned my house in Hua Hin I could get by on 30,000 baht per month
but it was not the same quality of life I had in Canada.
When I was living in Alberta, at least 6 months of the year were spent enduring bitter cold temperatures. To me that drastically lowered my quality of life.
Alberta is not the greatest place to live, I personally would never live there. I would definately choose Thailand over Alberta.
Well to the ex Ontario guy who lives in BC.. Alberta does not want you there..
To the village dweller chap.. You missed the point when you lived in Calgary.. The key to living in Calgary is going 1 hour west.. So before you cut down one of most beautiful areas on the planet, think again.
I love reading about people cutting into Alberta.. Shows your true ignorance.
Hey buddy, I was talking about the terrible winter conditions.....are you saying one hour west of Calgary experiences tropical temperatures all year.....seems you are the ignorant one.
Last edited by newtovillagelife on June 9, 2019, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 9, 2019, 4:45 pm

vlad wrote:
June 8, 2019, 12:39 pm
You will be a happy Chappie this Morning then NTVL according to Pattaya news the TAT are looking to Indian Tourists because Chinese Tourists have drastically declined. All the Indians ive seen in BKK and Udon like nothing more then standing on the pavement looking at the girls in the bars rather than going in and buying a beer. I've see 2 outside 7/11 share bottle of water lol. So if the Thai Tourism Minister is looking for a rescue from Indian's for a replacement your sadly Clutching at Straws.
Maybe they want people with darker skin tones.

Or maybe because Buddhism arose in the eastern part of Ancient India, in and around the ancient Kingdom of Magadha (now in Bihar, India), and is based on the teachings of Siddhārtha Gautama.

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » June 9, 2019, 7:16 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
June 9, 2019, 4:45 pm
vlad wrote:
You will be a happy Chappie this Morning then NTVL according to Pattaya news the TAT are looking to Indian Tourists because Chinese Tourists have drastically declined. All the Indians ive seen in BKK and Udon like nothing more then standing on the pavement looking at the girls in the bars rather than going in and buying a beer. I've see 2 outside 7/11 share bottle of water lol. So if the Thai Tourism Minister is looking for a rescue from Indian's for a replacement your sadly Clutching at Straws.

Or maybe because Buddhism arose in the eastern part of Ancient India, in and around the ancient Kingdom of Magadha (now in Bihar, India), and is based on the teachings of Siddhārtha Gautama.
Which team does Siddartha Gautama play for 😂
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 9, 2019, 10:19 pm

dezzer wrote:
June 9, 2019, 7:16 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
June 9, 2019, 4:45 pm
vlad wrote:

Which team does Siddartha Gautama play for 😂
Thailand does not care where there tourists are from. They will get them from anywhere they can just to try to make some cash. They are definately lowering their standards though in my opinion.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 9, 2019, 10:29 pm

In all the years I've been coming to Thailand I have never seen any Indians or a single Indian walking into a bar and got a beer so I can't see them packing the bars in and putting money into that Sector the worst TAT did was shaft the westerners and rip them off. For that now there paying the price.

Return to “Travel & Transport”