Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by jackspratt » June 7, 2019, 3:49 pm

Convenient that you can't post the link, vlad.

The reports I read here:

https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-ta ... -71659.php

and here:

https://bangkokjack.com/2019/06/05/pato ... -tourists/

and here:

https://www.pattayaone.news/patong-cabb ... -tourists/

all refer to Patong. And we all realise there is a lot more to Phuket than just Patong.

And then we have the stats showing Phuket airport arrivals and hotel bookings as steady as she goes, if not a bit upward.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... s/30360744

https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/pulp-f ... by-numbers

Based on the above, it is fair to say that reports of Thailand's tourism death are grossly exaggerated (with apologies to Mark Twain).

Natas

Post by Natas » June 7, 2019, 4:16 pm

jackspratt wrote:
June 7, 2019, 3:49 pm
Convenient that you can't post the link, vlad.

The reports I read here:

https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-ta ... -71659.php

and here:

https://bangkokjack.com/2019/06/05/pato ... -tourists/

and here:

https://www.pattayaone.news/patong-cabb ... -tourists/

all refer to Patong. And we all realise there is a lot more to Phuket than just Patong.

And then we have the stats showing Phuket airport arrivals and hotel bookings as steady as she goes, if not a bit upward.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... s/30360744

https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/pulp-f ... by-numbers

Based on the above, it is fair to say that reports of Thailand's tourism death are grossly exaggerated (with apologies to Mark Twain).
I do not understand the point of these links then? Are you saying Phuket is slow or are you elevating the medias opinion of what is really going on?

Phuket is not busy... Patong is always steady as it gas been. Kata, Karon, Kamala and other beach areas are slow. The airport in the domestic side is quiet except for when a flight is leaving or arriving.
Has anyone actually talked to anyone who works there or lives there..? I have and the numbers are down this year. Even before Low Season..
So Vlads post holds ground. There is a lack of tourists and money.. Which seems to push the Thai to be aggressive towards tourists.
This is a no brainier here people. When does this effect the living in Udon or the safety of the expat living in the village?
If people want to leave then they can. All I have been reading in this thread is a bunch of people pointing fingers.. Even the crap from people who do not live in Udon..
Wait till the pound or Euro sink further.. Then what? Or the USD takes a dive.. Or maybe the baht will crumble..
Regardless I do not take any advice seriously on here anymore.. In 18 months Udon and other Expat Areas will be way different..
Enjoy and as you were.

Natas

Post by Natas » June 7, 2019, 4:21 pm

jai yen yen wrote:
June 5, 2019, 7:53 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
June 5, 2019, 6:59 am
jai yen yen wrote:
June 5, 2019, 6:38 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
June 5, 2019, 6:05 am
Well, if I wanted a Western quality of life, I guess I would live in Canada like yourself. For now, I am more than happy with the quality of life afforded me in Thailand.
Nothing wrong with living in Thailand if it suits you and it still has it's good points. My point was you cannot compare costs unless you compare lifestyles. When I owned my house in Hua Hin I could get by on 30,000 baht per month
but it was not the same quality of life I had in Canada.
When I was living in Alberta, at least 6 months of the year were spent enduring bitter cold temperatures. To me that drastically lowered my quality of life.
Alberta is not the greatest place to live, I personally would never live there. I would definately choose Thailand over Alberta.
Well to the ex Ontario guy who lives in BC.. Alberta does not want you there..
To the village dweller chap.. You missed the point when you lived in Calgary.. The key to living in Calgary is going 1 hour west.. So before you cut down one of most beautiful areas on the planet, think again.
I love reading about people cutting into Alberta.. Shows your true ignorance.

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » June 7, 2019, 4:43 pm

thailand has lost its mystique ..it used to be thrilling to arrive in don muang .. true asian experience but now its all very westernized with too many yanks fast food outlets ..
so all very bland imo
the only good Tory is a lavatory

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 7, 2019, 4:47 pm

When I try and upload links jack all I get is the error message invalid link or this link is to big to upload I have never been able to upload links I'm not clever enough I have trouble cutting and pasting so yes it is an inconvenience but Patong is the top resort it is therefore struggling numbers are always doctored to look busy when we all know it's not.hotel bookings are down so you don't believe what the chief of police is telling us ??

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 7, 2019, 5:25 pm

Anything from the Nation or other government censored media is fake news Jack surely you know there not likely to say yes numbers are in decline

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » June 7, 2019, 6:47 pm

yartims wrote:
June 7, 2019, 4:43 pm
thailand has lost its mystique ..it used to be thrilling to arrive in don muang .. true asian experience but now its all very westernized with too many yanks fast food outlets ..
so all very bland imo
I agree no atmosphere! Used to be exciting enviroment.
No its an ordeal! Moving with the times... Thanks for terrorists

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » June 7, 2019, 8:22 pm

bulgaria has more mystique than los now sorry to say
the only good Tory is a lavatory

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 7, 2019, 8:46 pm

Here's the link for sofiamap, izzie:

sofiamap.com.bg

Enjoy!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 7, 2019, 10:30 pm

yartims wrote:
thailand has lost its mystique ..it used to be thrilling to arrive in don muang .. true asian experience but now its all very westernized with too many yanks fast food outlets ..so all very bland imo
Yes, Udon needs more healthy British food shops that don't clog the arteries such as fish 'n chips, tasty meat pies, yorkshire pudding and so on.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 8, 2019, 2:04 am

It is ironic that Thailand sells itself on it's culture and Thai ways but has been so quick to sell out. The old charm is definately gone, the almighty dollar is individual.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 8, 2019, 2:18 am

Farang are pretty keen on money too. We regularly lament the strong baht.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 8, 2019, 5:33 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
June 7, 2019, 10:30 pm
yartims wrote:
thailand has lost its mystique ..it used to be thrilling to arrive in don muang .. true asian experience but now its all very westernized with too many yanks fast food outlets ..so all very bland imo
Yes, Udon needs more healthy British food shops that don't clog the arteries such as fish 'n chips, tasty meat pies, yorkshire pudding and so on.
In other words we need more Indian restaurants.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 8, 2019, 7:49 am

yartims wrote:
June 7, 2019, 8:22 pm
bulgaria has more mystique than los now sorry to say
Comparing any European country with any Asian country is a bit like comparing apples to oranges . Basically misguided.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » June 8, 2019, 9:11 am

Welcome to Planet Thailand Alien.Enjoy your stay.
Voiceover for hire.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 8, 2019, 10:09 am

yartims wrote:thailand has lost its mystique ..

Maybe you have stopped looking for the mysteries in life...
Thailand has much to offer if you are willing to reassess your zest for adventure on a regular basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 8, 2019, 12:39 pm

You will be a happy Chappie this Morning then NTVL according to Pattaya news the TAT are looking to Indian Tourists because Chinese Tourists have drastically declined. All the Indians ive seen in BKK and Udon like nothing more then standing on the pavement looking at the girls in the bars rather than going in and buying a beer. I've see 2 outside 7/11 share bottle of water lol. So if the Thai Tourism Minister is looking for a rescue from Indian's for a replacement your sadly Clutching at Straws.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 8, 2019, 1:56 pm

My experience....

If you are a glass half full person, you will love Thailand. If not, stay away or your paranoia and negativity will eat you up

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » June 8, 2019, 3:12 pm

samster wrote:
June 8, 2019, 1:56 pm
My experience....

If you are a glass half full person, you will love Thailand. If not, stay away or your paranoia and negativity will eat you up
I can relate to that comment.
Over the years in LOS I think my glass got slowly reversed.
There are big pluses and big minuses.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 8, 2019, 3:36 pm

Well it looks like the Baht will carry on plummeting due partly to the same old regime in charge. The pensions will drop costing you a lot of lost income on your pensions and if its true that TAT are pushing for Indian Tourists this will seal the end. All you see coming from Tourism ministers is the Chinese are keeping away so there targeting Indians never once do they mention European Tourists who i believe are the bread n butter tourist. With the visa requirements there asking now this will also deter people coming over and retiring. Lets not hide away and bury your head in the sand if your in your 60s your not likely to up sticks and relocate to another country or will return to your own country. So sadly your going to have to remain and watch your money haemorrhage unless you have a mega pension.

Return to “Travel & Transport”