TorRorOr - vehicle inspection

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
tamada
udonmap.com

TorRorOr - vehicle inspection

Post by tamada » January 11, 2021, 9:51 am

I know that it's 7-years when a vehicle (not a motorbike) requires annual inspection but is that based on the same rules as Thailand has for people where you are already 1 year old on your date of birth?

My pickup is model year (assembled) Q4 of 2014 but purchased and first road tax paid in Q1 of 2015. Am I due for my first inspection in March 2021 or next year?

Ta
tam

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: TorRorOr - vehicle inspection

Post by noosard » January 11, 2021, 10:03 am

That is a tricky one
Easy answer would be to take the vehicle to the Rego shops
I have used the one near Ban Leaum Wednesday evening markets
They do the paperwork and will test straight away if needed

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 11, 2021, 10:03 am

Pretty certain the certificate has to be produced for the tax so I guess that’s annual from registering in Q1/15

However, I understand you’re able to get the certificate 90 day before needed so that could include the assembly in Q4/14

Is the insurance invalid here like the UK is there’s not a valid test certificate?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 11, 2021, 10:18 am

Back when it was 5 years I my plates for DMax were issued Nov 2002 it's 1st inspection was in Nov 2007. The local inspection agent would not issue me a certificate as I didn't have the Carry Boy listed in the blue book. 50 Baht and a day being jerked around in Nong Han to get that done.

Anyone want to buy an olde but barely run in DMax? :-"
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » January 11, 2021, 3:21 pm

Our Jan 2008 truck needed its first inspection certificate Jan 2015.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » January 11, 2021, 5:24 pm

My car, purchased new Dec. 2013, having received its registration and number plate in Jan. 2014, will have it's first inspection this month, seven years after being registered.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » January 11, 2021, 6:00 pm

vehicle inspection when the car becomes 7 years after first registration date in blue book ...
our car is from dec 2013 and we have doen our first inspection last december,so according to your explanation tam it will be next year ... ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 11, 2021, 8:34 pm

kopkei wrote:
January 11, 2021, 6:00 pm
vehicle inspection when the car becomes 7 years after first registration date in blue book ...
our car is from dec 2013 and we have doen our first inspection last december,so according to your explanation tam it will be next year ... ;)
Thanks for that precise confirmation. Getting new tires for the sports lorry wasn't in my Q1 budget (or Q2, Q3 or Q4).

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 11, 2021, 8:35 pm

tutone wrote:
January 11, 2021, 5:24 pm
My car, purchased new Dec. 2013, having received its registration and number plate in Jan. 2014, will have it's first inspection this month, seven years after being registered.
Again, spot-on. Many thanks.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » February 27, 2021, 3:13 pm

This thread seems as good a place as any to post without starting a new one

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 27, 2021, 4:25 pm

Step Daughters new Udon (the original plates were Khon Kaen) plates faded to unreadable within 2 years about 5 years ago.
Happy days, who cares about speed cameras! Police don't seem to care, there are so many of em.
That's her not me.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » February 27, 2021, 6:08 pm

On the subject of unreadable(ish) license plates, does anyone know if those tucked under the rear fender on a motorcy are a fine able offence & enforced?
I’m having a bit of a pre mid life crisis & think it’d look good on my bike when the plate arrives.
We used to saw the fender off in the uk & buy an illegally sized plate from unreputable dealers back in the day.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 28, 2021, 7:02 am

Licence plates are supposed to be read the same as cars, Motor-bicycle manufacturers know this,. but still manage to place the supporting brackets incorrectly. Here with the enforcement weak, , would not bother too much, however having said that, as a foreigner your list of excuses is limited so err on the side of caution

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 30, 2022, 8:41 am

The Nong Khai fishing expedition has been cancelled so today I'll get my truck inspected and get the road tax paid.

Any recommendations for an inspection station on the east side of the metropolis that do a good, no hassle job? Not expecting any issues but "farang-friendly" is a bonus.

How much do they charge?

Ta
tam
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » March 30, 2022, 9:08 am

not sure about east n west sides .... but the test station just across the road from the big government vehicle tax and insurance is very user friendly and never much waiting , then straight across the road and use the " drive thru " for government tax & insurance
its on the main road into city from the nong khai junction .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 30, 2022, 9:45 am

timmy wrote:
March 30, 2022, 9:08 am
not sure about east n west sides .... but the test station just across the road from the big government vehicle tax and insurance is very user friendly and never much waiting , then straight across the road and use the " drive thru " for government tax & insurance
Thanks timmy. I did spot that location on Udondutsadee on my travels. I will give it a drive-by first to see if it's busy this morning.

There's also another one that looked really quiet on Udondutsadee 10 about 75 meters away, just behind the transport office.

https://www.google.com/maps/@17.4261826 ... 384!8i8192
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 30, 2022, 10:03 am

tamada wrote:
March 30, 2022, 8:41 am

How much do they charge?
Don't know about Udon but our guy here in Ban Dung charges 100 Baht for the inspection and 80 Baht to take the paperwork to Nong Han to get the new tax sticker and Blue Book updated.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 30, 2022, 10:12 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
March 30, 2022, 10:03 am
tamada wrote:
March 30, 2022, 8:41 am

How much do they charge?
Don't know about Udon but our guy here in Ban Dung charges 100 Baht for the inspection and 80 Baht to take the paperwork to Nong Han to get the new tax sticker and Blue Book updated.
Cheers BD. A mate of mine mentioned 60 baht but that may have been his bike inspection.

I'll be DIY'ing this as the drive-thru road tax kiosks here make it dead easy.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 9, 2022, 5:29 pm

tamada wrote:
March 30, 2022, 9:45 am
timmy wrote:
Thanks timmy. I did spot that location on Udondutsadee on my travels. I will give it a drive-by first to see if it's busy this morning.

There's also another one that looked really quiet on Udondutsadee 10 about 75 meters away, just behind the transport office.

I used the quiet one I found earlier and went after lunch on a Wednesday. Two cars were in front of me at check-in and quite quickly three more behind while I waited. All done in 35 minutes for 200 baht. Nipped around the corner and didthe drive-thru tax payment. Done.

Nice to see the sliding discount applied. Only 5438 baht versus 6922 last year versus 7692 for the first five years after I bought it.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 10, 2022, 10:10 am

tamada wrote:
April 9, 2022, 5:29 pm
tamada wrote:
March 30, 2022, 9:45 am
timmy wrote:

I used the quiet one I found earlier and went after lunch on a Wednesday. Two cars were in front of me at check-in and quite quickly three more behind while I waited. All done in 35 minutes for 200 baht. Nipped around the corner and didthe drive-thru tax payment. Done.

Nice to see the sliding discount applied. Only 5438 baht versus 6922 last year versus 7692 for the first five years after I bought it.
How in Buddah's Name do you get a Sliding Tax Discount ?? Mine has been EXACTLY the same for about the past 8 Years !! :roll: :roll:

Return to “Travel & Transport”