Inter Province travel

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Inter Province travel

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 20, 2021, 11:13 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 20, 2021, 11:03 pm
"She also gave many people in Britain the opportunity to own their own homes."

and left todays kids living in digs, on the streets or with parents rather than in the now virtually non existent "council house" Selling off council owned accommodation for a pittance just to win votes was criminal
Absolute tosh .. and i think all those who bought their council homes will agree... saved the government millions in maintenance costs and turned run down council estates into better places to live ...Thatchers vision was a brilliance ..

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 20, 2021, 11:23 pm

Not sure if its your "claret" or your "blue" glasses that are impeding your judgement

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 20, 2021, 11:25 pm

You better get back on topic quickly Statto or the power that is will be deleting these recent posts
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 20, 2021, 11:41 pm

Dont think the "topic" really exists now the zoning seems to have been lifted and travel seems pretty easy

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 7, 2021, 8:29 am

Seems like the best place to post this though it is NEW NORMAL covid related as well.

Allowing for the dark red zone curfews and floods etc l left Udon Monday morning 8am armed to the teeth with all my covid docs , covid vac / yellow book etc and also MOPH ID card required to gain entry to the Bkk complex where the warehouse is located.

Just before leaving i got a travel QR code off the government registration site below. Very easy to complete and must be done daily / on the day of travel , also each person traveling must have a code if you are with family or have a driver.

https://covid-19.in.th/en

Arrived Bkk all fine and dandy without a single check point and only delayed by the huge road works between Udon and KK plus passable with care road flooding in Korat , Pak Chong n Wang Noi.

Got to Bkk complex just before the entry check zone closed , drove through a tented tunnel where i produced docs and ID and was temp tested... got to office just after 6pm.

No rush to load as i knew with the curfew now 10pm to 4am in dark red BKK , SARABURI and KORAT i couldnt go anywhere til the morning so loaded n crashed in the office.

6am logged in and got another travel QR code stating my days travel itinery...left Bkk and we drove to Buriram Sisaket and Ubon .. left Ubon at 8pm and drove via Yasothon to Just outside Roi Et ..decided had enough for one day and too many unlit DUI motorbikes so checked into a really nice hotel ....Le Chic 101 , prices start at 550 per night very posh...highly reccoed if in the area , great facilites on site especially for families with a mini water park and great pool area restaurant etc.

** From leaving Bkk 6am to arriving at Le Chic 10pm we were only stopped once and that was in a strange check point on the Surin Sisaket border near Rattanaburi..showed docs and QR codes ..all good the officers very interested in my yellow book , never see one ???

7am Wednesday ...online for yet another travel QR code from Roiet to UDON via MSK and KK ..arrived back Udon 11 am and the only checks were on my speed as i got a ticket 400bt in Nong Sung 102 in a 90.

Went to Udon MOPH showed them my QR codes where had been , temp checked details taken and told ok can go if start to feel sick show symptoms come back or go hospital , obviously i was already on record as being fully vaxxed.

So having covered 2000 kms visiting numerous provinces i can confirm inter provincial road travel in most certainly not an issue .. though it is different .. indeed... THE NEW NORMAL.

Things i noticed.
Traffic was ok not overly busy but allow more time between UD /KK its a real nightmare for many many kms , also all the Bkk traffic is now condensed due to the curfew so there is a mini rush hour early eve there but nothing like before covid.
Lots of once thriving road side businesses en route now closed and boarded up or demolished
No real problems with flooding... it has been worse by the look of the tide mark on some of the road side buildings.

Hope that helps for anyone thinking a bout a road trip.

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 7, 2021, 11:58 am

DM your heads up on how to conduct Interprovincal travel is interesting and illuminating , thank-you for taking the time to explain to many of us the intricacies of such travel .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 7, 2021, 3:29 pm

^ Excellent update DM. I will be interested to see how this procedure applies to the double-vaccinated Jockinese refugee returning from darkest Lancashire. With the likelihood of zero ASQ in November and Bangkok 'open' for business while Udon's doors remain 'closed' until at least January, I may need to arm myself with the same paperwork. The government website you linked to is geoblocked unless one is already in Thailand but is accessible via VPN for filing a travel plan before arrival in the enchanted kingdom.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 7, 2021, 3:50 pm

tamada wrote:
October 7, 2021, 3:29 pm
^ Excellent update DM. I will be interested to see how this procedure applies to the double-vaccinated Jockinese refugee returning from darkest Lancashire. With the likelihood of zero ASQ in November and Bangkok 'open' for business while Udon's doors remain 'closed' until at least January, I may need to arm myself with the same paperwork. The government website you linked to is geoblocked unless one is already in Thailand but is accessible via VPN for filing a travel plan before arrival in the enchanted kingdom.
Re The registration link Tam ... you can complete the data only on the day of travel not before , if you do a rental with a driver he or she will have to do the same as well , also maximum number of provinces you will be visiting is 3 .. non stop transiting a province isnt a problem only if you will be stopping in a province.

Example

Departure province Bkk
Departure time 0800
Destination province Udonthani
Arrival destination time 1600

I only listed the provinces i had planned deliveries to and it worked out fine... obviously there may be different criteria for Jocks :lol:

Hope that helps

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 7, 2021, 9:31 pm

I have just been enjoying a few beers with a mate who has ridden (on his motorbike) from Rayong to Ban Dung.

His route basically took him along the Mekong, over 3 days.

He had 2 doses of AZ, and had a (negative) Covid test before he left.

He was not stopped during the entire trip, and was never questioned on his status at the 3 hotels/resorts he stayed at during the trip. Neither was he questioned when he checked into his Ban Dung accommodation today.

Make what you will of that.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 7, 2021, 10:42 pm

Good point Jack , i missed off my earler post ..when checking into the hotel between Roiet n Yaso there was not a mention of covid at all.

For the most parts very few manned check points only saw the normal BIB roll throughs checking tax disc and snaffling speeders.
Makes you wonder all this covid propganda on the TV with regard to province colours and checks etc really is just for the ears of the people without being enforced even before the magic 70% are vaxxed.

I was informed Bkk is now circa 50% vaxxed. And should fully open as new normal by Nov 15 ., not sure but national numbers are in the 40% and its rumoured Udon opening December possibly Jan 22..again its all hearsay as it has been for weeks

Dm

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 7, 2021, 10:59 pm

Still seems to be happening quicker than the Newcastle takeover :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 8, 2021, 2:43 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 7, 2021, 10:42 pm
Good point Jack , i missed off my earler post ..when checking into the hotel between Roiet n Yaso there was not a mention of covid at all.

For the most parts very few manned check points only saw the normal BIB roll throughs checking tax disc and snaffling speeders.
Makes you wonder all this covid propganda on the TV with regard to province colours and checks etc really is just for the ears of the people without being enforced even before the magic 70% are vaxxed.

I was informed Bkk is now circa 50% vaxxed. And should fully open as new normal by Nov 15 ., not sure but national numbers are in the 40% and its rumoured Udon opening December possibly Jan 22..again its all hearsay as it has been for weeks

Dm
It's all about the deterrent of 'only essential travel'. If they sew the seeds of doubt or make it just one bit of paperwork too much for some people, it's working without the need for need for full-on checkpoints and the like.

Anyway, I had a beer with Grant Shapps last night and bent his ear a bit so the good news is that as of next Monday, Thailand comes off the UK's red list. So you can add International travel to your monthly hop skip and jump to Bangkok, get on a kroong bihn to the UK and come and cheer on the Iron in person.

Space travel still needs about 20 million bucks but the upside is Bezios, Musk and Branson don't care if your double-jabbed or not.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » October 8, 2021, 8:07 am

I travelled HKT/BKK/KKC yesterday.

Leaving quarantine, I was given a confirmation note that I had completed 14 days and also listed the 3 negative Covid tests undertaken, including one within 72 hours of travel as required by Thai Smile.

This along with my UK vaccine passport was required at check in and they asked me to scan KK provincial health barcode which I'd already done and completed - at no point was this ever checked.

Transit in BKK no checks.

On arrival in KKC, I went through a temperature scanner and had my passport scanned otherwise, no checks.

Whilst doing this my g/f was driving Ubon Ratchathani to KK and was only stopped once. No paperwork checked - I'm guessing he just wanted to check out her legs!

Incidentally there was significant flooding south of KK. Never seen it so bad.

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » October 8, 2021, 10:28 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 7, 2021, 8:29 am
Just before leaving i got a travel QR code off the government registration site below. Very easy to complete and must be done daily / on the day of travel , also each person traveling must have a code if you are with family or have a driver.

Good report thanks. Is the above web site needed for all travel? I thought it was just for travel permit during curfew time 10pm-4am?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 8, 2021, 10:34 am

Mjkt wrote:
October 8, 2021, 10:28 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 7, 2021, 8:29 am

Good report thanks. Is the above web site needed for all travel? I thought it was just for travel permit during curfew time 10pm-4am?
All travel

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 8, 2021, 10:37 am

sorry ... that should be ALL necessary travel though on the registration the section headed reason for travel is optional.

the site is really easy n quick to complete.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 8, 2021, 12:07 pm

samster wrote:
October 8, 2021, 8:07 am
I travelled HKT/BKK/KKC yesterday.

Leaving quarantine, I was given a confirmation note that I had completed 14 days and also listed the 3 negative Covid tests undertaken, including one within 72 hours of travel as required by Thai Smile.

This along with my UK vaccine passport was required at check in and they asked me to scan KK provincial health barcode which I'd already done and completed - at no point was this ever checked.

Transit in BKK no checks.

On arrival in KKC, I went through a temperature scanner and had my passport scanned otherwise, no checks.

Whilst doing this my g/f was driving Ubon Ratchathani to KK and was only stopped once. No paperwork checked - I'm guessing he just wanted to check out her legs!

Incidentally there was significant flooding south of KK. Never seen it so bad.
Welcome home!

I will need to make sure my connection in BKK is same-day to make sure the pre-flight one I get in the UK fits Thai Smile's requirements.

What did you use for your UK vaccine passport? Bar codes on the NHS app? No requirement to report your arrival in the moobahn to your local health office or orbortor?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » October 8, 2021, 5:08 pm

tamada wrote:
October 8, 2021, 12:07 pm

Welcome home!

I will need to make sure my connection in BKK is same-day to make sure the pre-flight one I get in the UK fits Thai Smile's requirements.

What did you use for your UK vaccine passport? Bar codes on the NHS app? No requirement to report your arrival in the moobahn to your local health office or orbortor?
I used the document from the NHS app.

We gave up the lease on our old place in KK. Staying in a hotel whilst house hunting. No-one required any local reporting for health and, hotel take care of immigration requirement.

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » October 10, 2021, 1:36 am

After travelling from our village in Ban Phue district to BKK yesterday, I can confirm DM's comments about road conditions etc. However, the route we took just south of KK to Korat found us being diverted because of some deep water flooding - see: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53214
I have been teaching from home online for the past five months, but on Thursday my BKK school informed teachers to report to school on Monday morning (11 Oct). My HS students are on holidays and have had their first jab, and face to face classes commence on 1 Nov. I realise that my situation is different from DM's which seems to be commercial (with deliveries). Nevertheless, mine was essential travel and I knew nothing about online travel registrations (DM, is this just for commercial operators or all inter-province travel, which I guess would have to include buslines?). I just made sure that I had my passport and my full vaccination certificate with me. Back to the point, I never had to stop once - there were no checkpoints anywhere in the 7 1/2 hour trip. And of course my landlady, to whom I had dutifully paid rent for my vacant room for five months, only asked if we had had a good trip.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 10, 2021, 7:10 am

ajarnudon wrote:
October 10, 2021, 1:36 am
After travelling from our village in Ban Phue district to BKK yesterday, I can confirm DM's comments about road conditions etc. However, the route we took just south of KK to Korat found us being diverted because of some deep water flooding - see: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53214
I have been teaching from home online for the past five months, but on Thursday my BKK school informed teachers to report to school on Monday morning (11 Oct). My HS students are on holidays and have had their first jab, and face to face classes commence on 1 Nov. I realise that my situation is different from DM's which seems to be commercial (with deliveries). Nevertheless, mine was essential travel and I knew nothing about online travel registrations (DM, is this just for commercial operators or all inter-province travel, which I guess would have to include buslines?). I just made sure that I had my passport and my full vaccination certificate with me. Back to the point, I never had to stop once - there were no checkpoints anywhere in the 7 1/2 hour trip. And of course my landlady, to whom I had dutifully paid rent for my vacant room for five months, only asked if we had had a good trip.
Ajarn... The online registration to obtain a travel QR code is for all travel (when necessary) not only for business etc.

https://covid-19.in.th/en,

The last section on the form is headed "purpose for travel" but this is optional to fill in so i did not complete it...

Re the trip ... same as us no stops/check points really at all but being as it takes 2 mins to complete and may come in handy i chose to get the QR code each morning just in case... i did show it when entering the ware house complex in Bkk

The road KK - Chaiyaphum - Korat was flooded and impassable i stayed on HW 2 and IMO the roadworks between UD n KK are a a real pain and apparently taking over another 5 years to complete.

Hope all goes well back at school and get back to the national anthem at 8am sharp and the teachers room banter with all the fusty ladies bringing you snacks.

DM

Return to “Travel & Transport”