Medical for New/Renewing Drivers License

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Doodoo
udonmap.com

Medical for New/Renewing Drivers License

Post by Doodoo » February 13, 2021, 9:27 am

Here we go

New requirement for Drivers Licenses

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... J8NT1SpYIg

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Medical for New/Renewing Drivers License

Post by tamada » February 13, 2021, 9:47 am

Makes sense to me. Maybe the old guy with cataracts driving the pickup that almost mowed down a mum and her two kids at a school crossing on Prakiat will eventually be grounded.

In my line of work, some need to get a "fit to test" certificate from a doctor BEFORE they can take the offshore industry-mandated survival tests. Apparently this has been driven by a higher incidence of older, fatter and generally unfit guys who can't hold their breath for even a wee bit while inverted and underwater in the helicopter crash simulator.

Back on topic; unless the authorities have an official letter and certificate template, this medical certificate reopens the can of worms as to how much for a piece of paper from the local clinic. I recall when they required this document before, being charged anything more than 80 baht was classed as a rip-off.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Medical for New/Renewing Drivers License

Post by Khun Paul » February 13, 2021, 10:10 am

I forsee no problems for this , a sensible requirement considering the number of accidents , linked to lack of conitivity in many respects, be that vision, self-awareness or just lack of reaction .
The problem for me is when someone buys a vehicle of any description for someone whose ability to drive is in doubt ( youth/ill person/ older person )and is NOT there at the purchase.

Return to “Travel & Transport”