Dom-Int transfer @ Suvarnabhumi

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
tamada
udonmap.com

Dom-Int transfer @ Suvarnabhumi

Post by tamada » May 18, 2021, 1:01 pm

The airport is quieter these days but how do pre-flight Covid checks impact check-in these days?

I am looking at 130 minutes between a domestic arrival on Thai Smile and international departure on SQ (2 hours and 10 minutes)

Too tight?

Ta
tam

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Dom-Int transfer @ Suvarnabhumi

Post by Whistler » May 18, 2021, 1:39 pm

tamada wrote:
May 18, 2021, 1:01 pm
The airport is quieter these days but how do pre-flight Covid checks impact check-in these days?

I am looking at 130 minutes between a domestic arrival on Thai Smile and international departure on SQ (2 hours and 10 minutes)

Too tight?

Ta
tam
No wriggle room if any problem. Personally I would not risk it.

Free shuttle if you show ticket, takes about 40 to 50 minutes plus wait time for shuttle, Taxi about the same time but no wait time. Bus to Mo Chit BTS interchange (Express Bus 1) is about 20 minutes plus wait time, then train about 30 minutes plus wait time.

Only viable option is cab, should be OK as long as there are no delays for flight or on BKK motorway. Any delays, you're toast!
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 18, 2021, 1:43 pm

Plenty of time
Numbers are limited per flight so check in and immigration easy.
It’s when you get to Singapore and transit it’s very strict.
Covid test result and fit to fly very are naturally compulsory at check in.
In Singapore just follow the socially distanced conga line from your flight for transit info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 18, 2021, 3:05 pm

tamada wrote:
May 18, 2021, 1:01 pm

Too tight?

Ta
tam
Impact is minimal you will have loads of time to sit and do nothing as very little open air side

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 18, 2021, 3:59 pm

How confident are you that Thai Smile will be on time?
A friend has none at all and sending his TW down to overnight in BKK for her flight to the UK next day.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 18, 2021, 4:41 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
May 18, 2021, 3:59 pm
A friend has none at all and sending his TW down to overnight in BKK for her flight to the UK next day.
I know times have changed but never missed a flight yet because of Thai smile being late and that's every month I fly

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 18, 2021, 6:22 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
May 18, 2021, 3:59 pm
Before the plague, Thai Smile's timing out of BKK to UTH late afternoon and consequent return in the evening was always late due to the incoming afternoon service (same aircraft) from Haadyai to BKK always being late. With the paucity of flights these days, I doubt these sort of delays are an issue any more. Failing that, FlightAware gives a short but usable history of flight timings.

Whether the baggage gets to the carousel in the domestic baggage hall any quicker is a question for dunroaming though.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 18, 2021, 7:24 pm

Last time was quick about 10 minutes after I got to the conveyor belt, On a slightly different angle I arrived on Saturday at 610am and was in my quarantine hotel on Sukhumvit 2 before 8am. The airport is very quiet and movement through it very easy.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 18, 2021, 7:55 pm

dunroaming wrote:
May 18, 2021, 7:24 pm
Last time was quick about 10 minutes after I got to the conveyor belt, On a slightly different angle I arrived on Saturday at 610am and was in my quarantine hotel on Sukhumvit 2 before 8am. The airport is very quiet and movement through it very easy.
Thought as much. FlightAware shows that the WE005 afternoon flight UTH-BKK has been early inbound and outbound. I guess less pax makes for quicker boarding too.

All a moot point as Thai Smile's schedule for June looks like a single mid-afternoon flight on Mon-Thu and Sat and as single early evening flight on Fri and Sun. Either way, looks like a night at the Novotel is on the cards. Only 112 bucks these days.

What's your quarantine digs on Soi 2? Does it have a balcony?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 18, 2021, 8:21 pm

Barney wrote:
May 18, 2021, 1:43 pm
Plenty of time
In Singapore just follow the socially distanced conga line from your flight for transit info.

Barney,

The potential problems are in the BKK airline transfer. You miss the Bangkok connection from DMG and BKK, then the BKK to Singapore process is moot, you are stuck in Bangkok.

I would have thought this was glaringly obvious.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 18, 2021, 8:30 pm

^ I'm not flying via DMG though. Thai Smile have been consistently early in and out of BKK the past week. I haven't checked Thai VietJet's on-time performance as I don't plan on using them.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 18, 2021, 9:11 pm

tamada wrote:
May 18, 2021, 7:55 pm
dunroaming wrote:
May 18, 2021, 7:24 pm
Thought as much. FlightAware shows that the WE005 afternoon flight UTH-BKK has been early inbound and outbound. I guess less pax makes for quicker boarding too.

All a moot point as Thai Smile's schedule for June looks like a single mid-afternoon flight on Mon-Thu and Sat and as single early evening flight on Fri and Sun. Either way, looks like a night at the Novotel is on the cards. Only 112 bucks these days.

What's your quarantine digs on Soi 2? Does it have a balcony?
No balcony but open window, food is better than the last place I did quarantine and cost slightly cheaper and staff friendlier and I get to leave after 14 days. Staying at the best western which is very new and very clean

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 19, 2021, 1:22 am

So which nearby countries are allowing you to Transit through to Thailand? For the last five to six years I have flown Eva, but I read where Taipei is not allowing anyone to Transit through the airport.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 19, 2021, 5:36 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
May 19, 2021, 1:22 am
So which nearby countries are allowing you to Transit through to Thailand? For the last five to six years I have flown Eva, but I read where Taipei is not allowing anyone to Transit through the airport.
Last time I came via Dubai, time before New Delhi this time I had to use Frankfurt, next time planning to use Dubai again

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 19, 2021, 6:01 am

dunroaming wrote:
May 19, 2021, 5:36 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
May 19, 2021, 1:22 am
Last time I came via Dubai, time before New Delhi this time I had to use Frankfurt, next time planning to use Dubai again
Didn't even think about Emirates. I guess Qatar would also be an option if push came to shove.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 19, 2021, 7:58 am

Qatar have a no questions asked, zero cost refund and change flight policy. Mate just went back to Sweden and they were very helpful when he had to change flights due to visa issues

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 19, 2021, 2:40 pm

Whistler wrote:
Barney wrote:
Plenty of time

Barney,

The potential problems are in the BKK airline transfer. You miss the Bangkok connection from DMG and BKK, then the BKK to Singapore process is moot, you are stuck in Bangkok.

What are you rambling on about. The only glaringly obvious point is your know all attitude to all things. Where does any other airport other than swampy come into it.
Read the post and my reply.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 19, 2021, 3:28 pm

Barney wrote:
May 19, 2021, 2:40 pm
Whistler wrote:
Barney wrote:
Plenty of time

Barney,

What are you rambling on about. The only glaringly obvious point is your know all attitude to all things. Where does any other airport other than swampy come into it.
Read the post and my reply.

Tam asked the question about transfer time in BKK, asking if 2 hrs and 10 minutes was too tight.

Rambling definition. "aimless and confused; not keeping to the topic. a long, rambling speech". A great example is somebody answering a question about travel time in Thailand and answering with information about Singapore.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 20, 2021, 5:35 pm

You are wrong about my post RC. Your a narcissist and need to learn to admit your wrong.
But you can never just drop it can you.
Drop it little man. There’s a good little boy,just drop it.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 20, 2021, 6:00 pm

Maybe my bad English but title of post was transfer time from domestic to international at swampy see nothing about DMK being mentioned but if transfering from DMK Def not enough time but Tam is well seasoned international regular traveller so wouldn't have asked that question at all knowing it wasn't

Return to “Travel & Transport”