Udon Guide - Car Hire/Transportion Map Broken?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
BaldwinWasSetUp

Udon Guide - Car Hire/Transportion Map Broken?

Post by BaldwinWasSetUp » January 24, 2023, 4:50 pm

I'm unable to reach the link to the "Car Hire / Transportation" map. My browser (Firefox) says it will not connect due to a potential security issue. Firefox tells me "Websites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust this site because it uses a certificate that is not valid for data.mapchannels.com."

Anyone else having this issue? Trying to determine if the problem is with data.mapchannels.com or my browser.

I'm interested in taking buses around UD, but haven't been able to find this information anywhere else. Very interested in getting this info.

Thanks in advance!

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Guide - Car Hire/Transportion Map Broken?

Post by Stantheman » January 24, 2023, 9:52 pm

No problem accessing using phone internet, must be a Firefox problem.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 24, 2023, 10:06 pm

Just tried and got the same error message

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » January 25, 2023, 12:02 am

I see a fail on the map part but info below that.
24-Jan-23 23-57-38.png
24-Jan-23 23-58-30.png
Perhaps this will help Paul (admin) diagnose the issue.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

BaldwinWasSetUp

Post by BaldwinWasSetUp » February 1, 2023, 8:54 am

Thanks everyone for the input.

I tried on my phone as well, but use the Firefox browser there also and could not get the map to come up.

Do you mind telling me what phone browser you use, Stan?

Even though I appreciate the detailed route descriptions below the map, I'm new in Udon, so it's difficult to imagine the routes. I'd have to go to a map site and try to recreate the route based on the points listed.

Yesterday, I was at the airport, seeing someone off. I wanted to take a SongThaew home. The security guard said there was no SongThaew going to/from the airport. According to the Udonmaps.com info, there is. But since there is no map, I did not know where at the airport I should wait for it. Walked home. Not a bad thing. I can use the exercise...

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 1, 2023, 11:07 am

There's a lot of out-of-date info and dead links on the UM site but the forum itself is probably the best source for current information and getting any questions answered.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 2, 2023, 10:49 am

SeekingSakYant
udonmap.com

Post by SeekingSakYant » September 5, 2023, 11:55 am

Facebook. It's a nonsense company but man Thais use it for EVERYTHING. Most phones settings will allow a translation(never 100% accurate) for Facebook. You can find just about anything on Facebook, or a person who would know HOW to find that info. Some information is better than no information. Google translation is also handy in a pinch. Copy + Paste would get you part of the way as long as you're not asking for a disertation on the mating habits of a unladen African Swallow.
Ditch the flip phones gents, at least buy a used cheap smartphone in the mall. Try to find a college student who wants to practice their English haha. It's what I did after all
"To care for him who shall have borne the Battle, and for his Widow, and his Orphan." -A.Lincoln

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.” -Mark Twain

Cambodia is the South East Asian equivalent of Alabama and Louisiana and their cousin humpin Mississippi states of Merica

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 5, 2023, 12:40 pm

Try to learn basic Thai and you can forget that smart phone.

I find Thais use Line and Google more than Facebook to find information. But, like many people around the world, they do seem to like Facebook for making reels and letting their friends know what they've been up to.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Return to “Travel & Transport”