bus from Swampy to Pattaya

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
maaka
udonmap.com

bus from Swampy to Pattaya

Post by maaka » May 21, 2023, 8:57 am

never been to Pattaya before, and dont really want to go now, but theres a motorbike there that might take me across the world, and back..
Is there a bus at the airport that I can catch, and is it down stairs where the taxi are..thanks

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: bus from Swampy to Pattaya

Post by Whistler » May 21, 2023, 9:05 am

Outside gate 8 on bottom floor
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 21, 2023, 9:14 am

https://belltravelservice.com/shared-transfer/

Better give them a "bell" first to get current info.

There's another airport bus service that runs to/from a stance on Pratumnak, over near Jomtien.

https://airportpattayabus.com/#
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 21, 2023, 9:27 am

Had the same thoughts maaka, was in Udon about 5 yrs before ever going to Patters. To be fair its not that bad, I've stayed in Jomtien a few nights and would recommend staying in Jomtien and just getting a Bhatbus into Patters when you need to go as it only takes 15 mins

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » May 21, 2023, 1:54 pm

thanks fella's for the info..hate rushing around in a dither trying to find my way,
Johny Tiem is where I need to go, so bahtbus and Bermuda's might be the go...been awhile since I had a splash..

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 21, 2023, 3:48 pm

Only been twice from Udon - Pattaya and both times flew Udon to U-Tapo. Although this flight is no longer an option.

Apart from flying is the Train an option? Must be some direct Bus service from Udon as well I'd have thought?

Some Pattaya regulars will I'm sure provide some good options.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 21, 2023, 4:28 pm

Had experience of the "Express" bus Udon - Patters

About 3 or 4 yrs ago Mrs Statts needed car in Udon to do something or other, so decided to go by bus, after all, it cant be that bad can it ?
Apparently it can, and worse ......
Took about 12 hrs, including stopping for about 30 mins at a ma/pa shop in the middle of nowhere to load / unload god knows how many boxes and bags ( and pick up 3 people).
Finally dropped off in Patters on main road and immediately surrounded by about 20 m/bike taxis wanting to charge B500 upwards to get taken to Jomtien (about 15 - 20 mins). Finally got proper taxi who agreed B200, meter not working!!
By the time I got to hotel, restaurant closed/room service finished/local eateries all stopped so ended up with burgers from 7/11.
Came back by air as couldnt face the return bus journey

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 22, 2023, 12:44 pm

Good to know Statts. Avoid the bus!

I did speak to a English guy once who told me about some VIP minibus service he used to get back in the day (late 90's I think).
He said he's get met at DM airport by the driver, the Minibus came complete with fully stocked bar, bar girls and karaoke. He'd get poured out of the Van 2-3 hours later at his hotel, quick freshen up and out on the town.

No idea of the cost and if such a service still exits but sounds a great way to travel 8) \:D/

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 22, 2023, 1:19 pm

deankham wrote:
May 22, 2023, 12:44 pm
Good to know Statts. Avoid the bus!

I did speak to a English guy once who told me about some VIP minibus service he used to get back in the day (late 90's I think).
He said he's get met at DM airport by the driver, the Minibus came complete with fully stocked bar, bar girls and karaoke. He'd get poured out of the Van 2-3 hours later at his hotel, quick freshen up and out on the town.

No idea of the cost and if such a service still exits but sounds a great way to travel 8) \:D/

That was the old 'Devils Den' mini van, closed now.....

Return to “Travel & Transport”