Vets Contact near Udon Thani Airport

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Vets Contact near Udon Thani Airport

Post by Kudjap or Bust » June 19, 2009, 6:57 am

Does anyone have the contact details for the vet surgery close to the airport, it's the one on the left just as you get off the ring road onto the airport road.

Thanks

papaguido
udonmap.com

Re: Vets Contact

Post by papaguido » June 19, 2009, 7:00 am

042-346396
084-513-8348

I think it's called Lookmai Animal hosp.

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » June 19, 2009, 9:14 am

Thanks Papa, will give them call. Do you use ths Vet? (for your animals of course before any wise ass posts a comical reply)

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 19, 2009, 9:31 am

K B .i have , and to be honest dont rate them much . a while ago i boarded my rottie there because they have a room with aircon , and i thought it much better than a cage . when we picked the dog up , she was bleeding from the nose a little . his diognosis was she has worms in her heart !!!! well as ive never even heard of such a condition , i declined his treatment which would involve a blood test and medication to the tune of over 2000 baht , and i could quite plainly see she was suffering from nothing more than stress at being left there and not getting the excercise i was promised . within a few days she was completely back to normal and has suffered nothing similar since . the vets ive always used are opposite the museum , good care , not expensive and will not create a situation that doesnt exist . tel 042241819. an example , recently had my two thai pups neuted , 1 female ,1 male , cost 1700 including aftercare and medication the pair .

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » June 19, 2009, 9:39 am

I do not know the Vets Saint. My only addition to this is there is such a thing as heartworms in dogs and it is quite dangerous. I would go to another vet and at least have the dog checked. It is a silent killer and not very nice. All should have there dogs checked regularly. There is stuff that you can give them to prevent this disease.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » June 19, 2009, 9:56 am

Mate of mines Dog had Heart Worm some years back and it was very long and expensive procedure. As I was told they start the Dog on low doses of Cyanide and increase the dosage each month until the heart worm dies and then wean the dog back of the drug. Much easier to prevent it.

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » June 19, 2009, 10:13 am

hi,
Used the vets on Airport road for over three years, used to be in town but moved out to A.R. a couple of years ago. Had nothing but good service for my animals from this vets. Board them there when i am away, every approx. four months, so far no problems. They get plenty of exercise and loving care, nat. when i returned the dogs are happy to see me but this does not mean they have not been cared for. I've had the dogs treated there a few time and everything was A1. One a big dog 70 percent Rot. and the other is a small shi. who has bad back legs, the owner was going to drown him at birth so i took him of her hands, so he has had plenty of treatment at this vets, all O.K.
Cheers Doug.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » June 19, 2009, 10:23 am

Kudjap or Bust wrote:Thanks Papa, will give them call. Do you use ths Vet? (for your animals of course before any wise ass posts a comical reply)
Only used for once for one of my dogs, wash & haircut. Don't know about the dog, but I have no complaints with the service.

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » June 19, 2009, 10:27 am

Thanks all for the replies, previously we always used the local village vet who was excellent and whose skills (large and small animals) and caring were wasted in the village and for that reason she has now been snapped up by a surgery in Bangkok, gave her an excellent salary, place to live, etc etc.
I was recommended the vet near the airport by a friend who has been using them for the last year, he has nothing but praise for them.
I'll give them a try in the week, we need to have a couple of dogs neutered, and post back my findings.

stoneman
udonmap.com

Post by stoneman » June 19, 2009, 10:36 am

A related question...How old should a dog be when you get them neutered...We have 3 6 month old puppies and we do not need anymore..

stoneman

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » June 19, 2009, 10:41 am

If you want your Dogs to have Male traits leave them until they are about 18 months, if you don't now is a good time. Bitches are good to go now also.

Return to “Health & Beauty”