Fitness routines

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Earnest
udonmap.com

Re: Fitness routines

Post by Earnest » January 3, 2023, 2:31 pm

marjamlew wrote:
January 3, 2023, 1:19 pm
Only trouble I have had is a bout of plantar fasciitis towards the end of year one going into year two. I over did it with the jogging when I was still carrying too much weight for my feet bear. The cure was rest, the right shoes and sticking to a brisk walk.
I get a bit of that too, I blamed it on the shoes but I'll see how it goes.

I walked 5.6 miles with the missus after my 5 mile run yesterday so I'll rest today. I'm back to work too.

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 3, 2023, 3:37 pm

For walking used Doc Marins mostly, here tried to buy them, not only exorbitant but also never have my size

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » January 3, 2023, 4:33 pm

My go to shoes are Brooks Ghost or Asics Gel Nimbus. Haven't missed a beat since I started wearing these.
Watch Me!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 3, 2023, 5:40 pm

Walking shoes from Decathlon cost about 400 baht. I have two pairs, the first bought back to around 2018 are my work pair and look scruffy whereas the identical newer ones, bought in 2021 in Malaysia, are my dress and travel pair.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » January 3, 2023, 8:17 pm

My wife is the exercise buff in the family. She really enjoys working out with her fitness class friends. She and I walk together in the mornings. I do yard work and still enjoy fishing but have no set routine. My BMI is 23.4 and I'm happy with that.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 4, 2023, 12:41 am

Your BMI is less than mine, I'm about 24.5.
marjamlew wrote:
January 3, 2023, 4:33 pm
My go to shoes are Brooks Ghost or Asics Gel Nimbus. Haven't missed a beat since I started wearing these.
Mizuno Waverider 24s for running.

I'll do a lunchtime jog tomorrow.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 5, 2023, 8:47 pm

4.5 miles run across the fields at lunchtime? I should, Coco.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 6, 2023, 10:57 am

For muscle tune up i use different set of Exercise Bands..2-3 times a week..and for my heart i do cardio on my Cannondale Recumbent bicycle..6-7 days a week..in average i do 50 min..but sometimes like now when the weather is so nice..1-2 hours.

But most important is the diet/food i eat..i would say it's 70-80 clean..4-5 meals/which at least 1 is a shake..and when i talk "meals"Sweet Potatoes,Oats,chicken,Fish..i feel my body feels better on Sweet Potatoes then rice..but the SP is expensive so i mix it up.Veggies and fruit and sometime together with Jolinda Yogurt.

And treats are:
Ginger cookies from Villa.
Brownie.
A small Sing Beer together with Doritos (Hot)

My weight is on point,but want to gain a couple of muscle kilos but i find that very hard.But considering in what state i was 3 years ago after my accident i'm very happy were i'm at now.

Have an awesome day everyone..:-)

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 6, 2023, 2:55 pm

So you're using bands for strength training rather than weights - am I right?

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 6, 2023, 4:43 pm

Earnest wrote:
January 6, 2023, 2:55 pm
So you're using bands for strength training rather than weights - am I right?
That's correct sir.Have been thinking of hitting a Gym..but i'm okey for the moment doing it at home with bands of different strength/resistens.

Have a good day ..:-)

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 6, 2023, 6:00 pm

Cheers.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 7, 2023, 6:41 pm

Another 4.5 miles run this morning.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 7, 2023, 8:12 pm

I have a totally banged up right knee given motorbike smash up when I was 17. Jogging is out of the question, about to buy a push bike again, not a lot of opportunities to swim. Any other suggestions? ATM I walk a fair bit.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 7, 2023, 8:53 pm

Walking's good enough, I reckon.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 8, 2023, 6:59 am

Whistler wrote:
January 7, 2023, 8:12 pm
I have a totally banged up right knee given motorbike smash up when I was 17. Jogging is out of the question, about to buy a push bike again, not a lot of opportunities to swim. Any other suggestions? ATM I walk a fair bit.
Good morning my friend !

Same here 8 surgeries after sleepwalking fell on a piece of a broke Coke bottle..so i got small glass pieces in my knee.Then a failed surgery at my lower back..so without walking in your shoes i can sort of understad your problems.
That said,never give up just find something that fits your bill,anything is better then just being a couch potato,right.And the most important piec of the fitness puzzel is FOOD/DIET.Those two together are the most important things i think.so just don't give up and do not get lazy,after a month everything gets much easier,belive me.
And me because of my spinal and knee problems a invested in my Recumbent Bicycle 15 years ago,an investment that i've never regretted.So get yourself a good push bike that will be a good investment and please don't forget a good bicycle helmet.

Goodluck with your fitness routine,your body will thank for taking care of it for sure..:-)

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 8, 2023, 8:18 am

Thanks dui

After my accident, the initial thoughts by my surgeon was amputation as the lower leg was shattered in several places. I would not allow amputation, after several months and many operations, the tibia was plated. It has worked remarkably well and I was able to be quite competitive in a few sports including squash.

You are right about weight, now 80kg which is slightly heavy for my modest height of 176cm.

Will get on my bike and pedal off 3 to 5kg and get cardio working too.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 10, 2023, 12:20 am

3.6 miles run at lunchtime accompanied by an RAF C17 doing rollers around the airfield.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 22, 2023, 6:59 pm

Freezing fog on the Fens this morning but I put in a 5 mile run across the fields. I spooked someone's dog as I appeared out of the mist.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 22, 2023, 7:16 pm

Earnest wrote:
January 22, 2023, 6:59 pm
I spooked someone's dog as I appeared out of the mist.
For the first time? :D

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 22, 2023, 11:02 pm

No, dogs tend to shy away from me.

Return to “Health & Beauty”