Fitness routines

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Fitness routines

Post by jackspratt » February 27, 2023, 7:54 am

Earnest wrote:
February 27, 2023, 1:12 am

Your posts over the previous week are sparse, have you crossed Officer IC Udon Map and suffered his wrath?
Nope - currently in another jurisdiction, soaking up the western sun.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 27, 2023, 10:30 am

Earnest wrote:
February 26, 2023, 5:46 pm
But doesn't obesity lead to other conditions, sir? I'm thinking of bowel cancer, diabetes, heart disease et cetera. It's surely better to maintain a healthy weight through regular exercise as a chap cruises through middle age and into fossilisation?
God morning !
Yet another excellent day were we are greeted with really nice weather..Cardio weather ;-)

When i see Farangs and more and more Thais getting fat i think the only winner is Doc's and Pharma..people in general are just to lazy to put in/change their habits comes to drinking,food,exercise..Instead to take charge over their own and the only body they have been given..they rather worry were they can find cheapest Med's and Doc's/Hospitals..We all have the time to change our bad habits now when we don't have to work,but instead Retirement seems to ecuals LAZYNESS..You work hard and no you work even harder to ---- on yourself..but up to you.My motto is:
Keep yourself healthy,,,die healthy.

To those who do take care of their body/health/weight/exercise/diet..i applaud you..keep up the good work your body will thank you greatly every day.

Stay blessed and have an awesome day....//Alfie :-)
I

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » February 27, 2023, 6:31 pm

on to my 25th truck load of dirt to shovel..
cant say my body thanks me for it..

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 28, 2023, 2:52 am

Stab me vitals, Maaka, you're going to have guns like Mr T.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 4, 2023, 5:22 pm

Stand by for broadcast.

Officer IC Ship's Guns should read this BBC feature on bare minimum exercise.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-64001807

End of broadcast.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

goolly

Post by goolly » March 18, 2023, 10:44 am

A balanced diet should include a variety of nutrient-dense foods from all food groups, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats. Aim to eat a rainbow of colors, as different colors of fruits and vegetables contain different nutrients.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 19, 2023, 2:20 am

Yes, I suppose so, maybe I eat too much rice, though.

I did a park run this morning and I came in at 27/81. Happy with that.

goolly

Post by goolly » March 19, 2023, 2:31 pm

Start with low to moderate intensity workouts and gradually increase the intensity as your fitness level improves. This can help prevent injury and improve your overall fitness.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 20, 2023, 2:10 am

You mean couch to 5K training? I think I'm beyond that Goolly, still running regularly every week and doing a race every now and again.

Do you speak from experience, are you injured, old chum?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 21, 2023, 7:57 am

Luckily for us humans, we are NOT all the same and vast possibilites of differences makes it almost impossible for opn particualar regime to actually work on everyone.

So much so I tend to ignore 99% of any advice and learnt over the years to listen to my body . Only one piece of advice have I ever followed , after two serious back operations was told never to run , ( only short bursts up to 100 metres if required , for Police work ) So I have never run. Back is fine aches and pains, as does other pars after gardening,e tc.
Can walk miles still, garden without becoming breathless. Do the vast majority of tasks, draw the line in climbing trees to carry out tree pruning .
BP okay, Heart rate inside the guidelinmes for age, weight only 5 kilos more than 20 years ago.

have seen many many people fret about weight, body shape and diet and yet I seem to go to their funerals .
Stress is the silent killer !!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 23, 2023, 12:12 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
March 21, 2023, 7:57 am
Luckily for us humans, we are NOT all the same and vast possibilites of differences makes it almost impossible for opn particualar regime to actually work on everyone.

So much so I tend to ignore 99% of any advice and learnt over the years to listen to my body . Only one piece of advice have I ever followed , after two serious back operations was told never to run , ( only short bursts up to 100 metres if required , for Police work ) So I have never run. Back is fine aches and pains, as does other pars after gardening,e tc.
Can walk miles still, garden without becoming breathless. Do the vast majority of tasks, draw the line in climbing trees to carry out tree pruning .
BP okay, Heart rate inside the guidelinmes for age, weight only 5 kilos more than 20 years ago.

have seen many many people fret about weight, body shape and diet and yet I seem to go to their funerals .
Stress is the silent killer !!
KP,"that's your opinion—I beg to differ"..

*Inactivity..no or very little exercise.
*Diet..the older you/one get the less of meal planing,if you ever cared having one at all.
*Alkohol amd smoking.
*Sleep.
*Laziness in general.
*Preventive care..Seeing a doctor and do a full check up of your health.
*-Yes,stress to and there are both good and bad kind of stress KP..
*Number ONE biggest cause of death among older,over 65,is what and because of what KP?

I give you a link among many,but this one i think is worth a look at KP..tell me what you think.

//Alfie :-)..PS.I've done my Exercise bands this morning,have you done ANY exercise at all??DS

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 24, 2023, 1:58 am

My officer hails from the 1950's, DuiDui, but I'm working on him.

Exercise: 3 miles on the treadmill at lunchtime then a w@nk in the showers with a big, black man..

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 24, 2023, 11:09 am

We all have our own opinions which proves my main point, none of us ae the same, what is good for the goose is not necessarily good for the gander, one size does not fit all .

I never articulated Zero exercise just my opinion that affects me, a 65 year old obese fat man with blood pressure and heart problems will do something else i assume Taking pills just o stay alive is anoTHER SCENARIO THAT DOES NOT AFFECT ME YET . But I concious of the fact that as one ages, bit and pieces do start to slow down, stop or become difficult to operate, unlike a badly maintained engine, which can be rebuilt renewing all the bits not working the Human Bilogical Body runs an inhouse repair facility , if that is compromised you have problems , so I tend to listen to what my body saya and act appropriately

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » March 25, 2023, 10:14 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 24, 2023, 11:09 am
We all have our own opinions which proves my main point, none of us ae the same, what is good for the goose is not necessarily good for the gander, one size does not fit all .
Is this a response to Butch's post? Do you prefer small white chap in the shower?

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 25, 2023, 11:59 pm

It could get crowded. :shock:

Park Run completed this morning. :pirate:

Return to “Health & Beauty”