Salt grinders.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Salt grinders.

Post by BobHelm » November 21, 2011, 9:34 am

My TG tells me not to use the salt produced from Bandung. She says that it is 'no good' as it contains no iodine & results in enlarged goitres - the same as used to be known as 'Derbyshire Neck' in England.
I am unsure how important iodised salt is now as I know that it is added to drinking water in the UK.
Have not noticed a great many Thai goitre suffers when I lived out that way either, but just thought that I would pass the information on... :D

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Salt grinders.

Post by jackspratt » November 21, 2011, 9:59 am

All you need to know about Ban Dung salt.

http://www.bandunglife.info/local-econo ... roduction/

Not sure about the iodine bit Bob - as far as I am aware it is not always present in salt anyway.

It is the lack of iodine, not the salt, which can cause the problems your TG mentions. This is the reason why in many countries, which may have iodine deficient soil, they add small amounts of iodine to table salt.

douglas
udonmap.com

Salt grinders.

Post by douglas » November 21, 2011, 11:57 am

Hi,
Sorry did not intend my post to be about the diff. between the salts. I prefer one, my choice. But some useful info. in there. I really wanted to find out where you can get the salt grinders. So it looks as hard to get them, as rockinghorse s**t.
Have to ask daughter to send one out from back home.
Cheers and thanks Doug.

harry123

Salt grinders.

Post by harry123 » January 27, 2014, 11:43 am

There is not only a single type of salt that we use in our daily life in kitchen,We make to use it clearing road in heavy snow falling to make our journey safe and secure! =D>

Return to “Health & Beauty”