Progressive Lenses Available?

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
InAsia
udonmap.com

Progressive Lenses Available?

Post by InAsia » October 7, 2006, 7:36 pm

Has anyone had experience buying glasses with progressive lenses (no-line bifocals)? An optician who can read English language prescriptions would be a plus also.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » October 7, 2006, 8:41 pm

I just happened to stop in to see the folks at Top Charoen Optical (second floor of the complex) the other day to ask the same question. The naswer was a very positive yes. They can also order the lenses in photgray plastic as well, with a hardened surface to prevent scrathes. The lady told me that they have to order the lenses from Bangkok which takes about a week.
I would stongly suggest you will get the same response from the other optical shops in Udon Thani as well.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » October 8, 2006, 10:59 am

I actually have progressive lenses and got them easily enough from an optician in the complex. Not the same one as fdimike but was also on the second floor at the mall.

Had an eye test, new frames with clip on polaroid shades and lenses, of course, as above, hardened scratch free surface all for 7,000bht. Not sure if this is a good deal but have been told it's about average and is a whole lot cheaper than back home.

Did ask about reactolite type lenses but they came in a few thousand bht extra.

I took my prescription with me and they understood it fine. As mentioned above it took a week for the new glasses to arrive.

InAsia
udonmap.com

Thanks for the Lense Info

Post by InAsia » October 8, 2006, 11:39 am

It is good to know that they are available in Udon. An optician told me they are available in this part of China, but he did not seem very knowledgeable about this product. Additionally, he seemed to be more interested in discovering how much I was willing to pay. I think I will wait to get them in Thailand.

Return to “Health & Beauty”