What's with all these plastic noses?

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.

Should Thai girls have (plastic) nose jobs

Poll ended at January 17, 2007, 12:42 pm

Yes, they look better
4%
No, never. (they look lovely as they are)
71%
Maybe, sometimes
25%

Total votes: 24

oldfield

What's with all these plastic noses?

Post by oldfield » January 7, 2007, 12:08 pm

Since I moved to Udon from Bangkok I have noticed an alarmingly high proportion of girls with plastic noses or 'nose jobs'.

It seems that many Thai women seem to think that is pretty to have a horrible plastic bridge put into their noses.

I really really don't understand this as it makes them look very very ugly.

For those of you with wives/girlfriends out there who have nose jobs please ask them...WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING? :shock:

Does anybody else feel this way or do you like these 'plastic noses'?

I suppose we could have a vote, but I don't know how to do it :oops:

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » January 7, 2007, 12:47 pm

Oldfield, I've edited/modified your post to achieve your objective. :)

And yes, I agree, they should leave well alone. We like them as they are. That's part of the attraction! Too many of them want to look like farangs, with large noses, orange hair ( :lol: ) and white skin.

What next - fat thighs!! :shock:

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » January 7, 2007, 2:47 pm

arjay wrote:What next - fat thighs!! :shock:
Over the years I have been seeing more and more of those. :cry:

Just the result of more of our decadant western culture invading LOS - and apparently their mouths...
Ain't Easy Being Me

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » January 7, 2007, 3:44 pm

agree, like the original, natural look as the asian bone/skin structure. love the natural tan. never understood plastic surgery, unless reconstructive.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 7, 2007, 3:47 pm

My wife had her nose done 3-4 years back, cost 9000baht, and a job well done, its not one of these over the top jobs where the bridge goes right up to the eyebrows which you do see a lot of, if you looked at her nose it all looks in proportion, a small plastic bridge was inserted up through the inside of her nose, heard a few sharpe scream noises but was in and out with-in an hour with black eyes and swollen hooter for a few days.
She has also had the nostrils cut and tucked so to speak, again you would'nt notice, another job well done.

So i like her nose and it was well worth the cash.

But i do dislike the over the top jobs which "Stand out" too much, or maybe they went to the wrong place.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » January 7, 2007, 3:58 pm

well, now she has a better selection of sunglasses to use.

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » January 7, 2007, 7:11 pm

nose jobs are OK, the rubber chins are ugly.......................especially on ladyboys

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 7, 2007, 7:57 pm

ting_tong wrote:nose jobs are OK, the rubber chins are ugly.......................especially on ladyboys
yes the "Roger Ramjet" look.

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » January 7, 2007, 11:27 pm

beer monkey wrote:My wife had her nose done 3-4 years back, cost 9000baht, and a job well done
Where was that? My nose is too long, ya know...

:roll:

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » January 8, 2007, 12:58 am

I'd be worried that it turned out like Michael Jacksons nose.

Even his sister looks like a freak.

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » January 8, 2007, 5:57 am

Mine wants hers done :roll:
Thats her in my AV pic......38yrs old and wants a nose job :shock:
And before you ask...the photo was only taken 6 months ago :wink:
I put it in Sepia to try and make her look older! :lol: :lol: :lol:

oldfield

Post by oldfield » January 8, 2007, 11:47 am

panick wrote:Mine wants hers done :roll:
Thats her in my AV pic......38yrs old and wants a nose job :shock:
And before you ask...the photo was only taken 6 months ago :wink:
I put it in Sepia to try and make her look older! :lol: :lol: :lol:
She looks great already - If it ain't broke - don't fix it.

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » January 8, 2007, 11:52 am

ting_tong wrote:nose jobs are OK, the rubber chins are ugly.......................especially on ladyboys
You really want to post on a public forum that you are looking that closely at ladyboys??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ain't Easy Being Me

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

the Grass is always Greener

Post by FrazeeDK » January 8, 2007, 11:52 pm

I had to say, maybe/somtimes but like La I prefer the dusky Issan natural look....

Everybody has their own perceptions of beauty.. Unfortunately, as commented above (I agree) the chase after a western standard of beauty is in many cases ridiculous as the girl/woman is already a stunner, at least by our standards.
But, remember, Thailand is becoming more and more a consumer society with young girls getting hammered by TV ads every day.. Watch Thai TV and it's a barrage of adverts for many types of "Beauty Whitening lotions".. The old commercial showing a dusky Thai girl ignored by a handsome fellah one day and then merely a week later, after using the "amazing beauty whitening lotion" which made her look two shades lighter than a corpse, the lad was crawling all over her... That and the proliferation of Half-Thais with western features and Thai movie stars and pop singers with plastic western looks caps it for many.. They just gotta be the same...

Do I even want to go into the acceptance of ass tats by middle class Thai girls, and urrrrrrrr!!! baggy-butt jeans with the crack of doom showing on Thai guys>??? Next step, totally hip-hop, western featured gang bangah Thais that have a real bad attitude!..
Dave

izzix
udonmap.com

Post by izzix » January 9, 2007, 4:09 am

maybe they dont like a '2 pin electrical socket type nose' staring back at them in the mirror ,i dont think thai blokes like the 2pin socket type nose so its in desperation they change it.

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » January 9, 2007, 4:12 am

So technically speaking....Does the bridge provide an Earth to the 2 pin socket making it safer :lol:

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » January 9, 2007, 4:16 am

panick wrote:So technically speaking....Does the bridge provide an Earth to the 2 pin socket making it safer :lol:
Plastic isolates...

:lol:

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » January 9, 2007, 4:34 am

:lol: :lol: Yo Techland :lol: :lol:
Of course it isolates :roll: .....thats why the wife doesn't walk around with a plug up her nose :lol: :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 9, 2007, 1:07 pm

if a girl wants it done and she goes to the right place and "Picks" the best peice of plastic, then who are we to stop them , its their nose, let them pick it, i think the biggest mistakes the girl makes is she picks out one that is to big just to make sure she looks differant and it comes out totally wrong the is girl near us that has had it done and it looks crap, too big and goes right up to the eye-brows [freaky].....just avoid the Ian Rush look thats all.

as for the 2 pin electrical socket look, some girls do have this type with no bridge what so ever, fortuneatly my Mrs did'nt, so maybe the outcome would have been differant if she did have.

we are doing the teeth thing at the moment too, but thats another topic.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Return to “Health & Beauty”