Thanks she has Ebola and flys back

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 22, 2014, 7:39 am

Man you really have to wonder how these people think, she is afraid she Ebola and fly's back on a commercial aircraft. With no regard that she may infect other people. Doesn't sound like she has it. But this is scary stuff. If I understand it correctly anyone she touched could have contacted Ebola from her.

Thai woman held for Ebola monitoring Published: 22 Aug 2014 at 07.25 | Viewed: 0 | Comments: 0 Online news: Writer: Online...

Please credit and share this article with others using this link:http://www.bangkokpost.com/most-recent/ ... monitoring. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » August 22, 2014, 9:10 am

how to: highlight, drag onto a word document, unhighlight, copy paste

The Public Health Ministry is monitoring a 48-year-old Thai woman who may have contracted Ebola while working in Liberia.
The woman arrived into Bangkok on Wednesday and went to see a doctor at a private hospital because she was afraid that she might have contracted the virus, health permanent-secretary Narong Sahametapat said at a press conference Thursday.
Doctors diagnosed her with a skin rash and believe that she is likely safe from the virus because she does not have a fever, which is an early indicator of infection.
She is being monitored by doctors at Bamrasnaradura Hospital.
Dr Narong said health officials would also monitor 13 family members who met the woman on her arrival home to Thailand.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 22, 2014, 1:39 pm

They don't seem to have mentioned her flights and dates? I'd be a bit concerned if I was sitting next to a Thai woman aged about 48 on her flights.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

TGSA01
udonmap.com

Post by TGSA01 » August 22, 2014, 4:50 pm

She has been cleared (no Ebola), maybe just a bit dramatic, I think?

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 22, 2014, 5:34 pm

Ya I saw that as well, that's good news. But your right everyone that she had contact with other passengers ect. Had she been right you have to wonder what she was thinking. That is just how easy it can be spread. Not airborn so that's good. apparently spread by touch.

I also noted that the two flown to America are out of danger now.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

LilRed
udonmap.com

Post by LilRed » August 23, 2014, 8:00 am

Very good news that she dinna have it...

Heat round missed us... this time...

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 16, 2014, 12:45 am

Western countries seem to be struggling to deal with Ebola now. The caregivers are very brave people. Our health systems don't seem to be that ready for dealing with it. Hopefully they are fast learners. If Ebola gets a foothold in Asia then it's going to be a very tough task to contain it from the wider population.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 16, 2014, 1:06 am

Sorry to piss on anyone's chips but ........Hey come on it aint the first time Africa has inflicted such a thing as Ebola .. if i recall correctly HIV was originated in the same continent and the world is still trying to sort that clustafook out .

I may be wrong

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » October 16, 2014, 6:51 am

My first thought is that many, if not most, non-Africans would act the same. Get out of that plague stricken country and return home. If it is spread only by transmission of body fluids and personal contact as AIDs is, how many people would be endangered by a sick passanger flying home? Wouldn't she also be endangering others just as much by staying there and waiting to find out if she was going to die of Ebola?

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » October 16, 2014, 10:38 am

At last, some common sense on the irrational fear mongering about Ebola =D>
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 16, 2014, 11:36 am

555 Are the conspiracy theorists getting concerned? Oh dear.

The clip seems to suggest that even an Air Hostess passing things back and forth with a passenger with Ebola who has no symptoms is very unlikely to catch Ebola. That will be a relief for people on the plane with an Ebola passenger.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » October 16, 2014, 11:39 am

Ebola is potentially airborne?

http://joannenova.com.au/

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » October 16, 2014, 11:43 am

[quote="JimboPSM"]At last, some common sense on the irrational fear mongering about Ebola =D>

I feel so much better now the centre of the universe, the USA, has reassured itself they are safe from the rest of us.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » October 16, 2014, 4:06 pm

JimboPSM wrote:At last, some common sense on the irrational fear mongering about Ebola =D>
Imagine that from Fox News, refreshing to say the least.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » October 16, 2014, 5:25 pm

"US experts inspect Ebola screening at Dhaka airport""

With this news, It just keeps getting better for me, the USA is now protecting me while I am away working with the said US experts now checking screening techiniques at Dhaka airport. Not sure what the inspectors did after morning tea, checking of equipment and procedure would be all done.
It can only slow down an already tediously slow airport process.

Inshallah

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 17, 2014, 8:14 am

"screening procedures??" Suvarnaphumi has had the Thermographs at the ramp to immigration since early September.. Of course, that only detects those individuals with a fever and doesn't do a thing for people who are still in the virus incubation stage with no active symptoms..
Dave

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » October 17, 2014, 9:16 am

President Obola’s Panic Attack

The ebola virus, always present in Africa, was discovered in 1976 and threatens only those who live in conditions of extreme squalor, where hands are washed less often than they might be and cultural practices help to spread the pestilence. Unless it has recently mutated (and that genetic change has gone unnoticed), ebola is not transmitted via, say, sneeze-driven aerosol clouds of tiny droplets, only by direct contact with body fluids of its victims, meaning puke, poo and blood. Like cholera, it kills by dehydration and the loss of important salts and minerals called electrolytes. Rehydrate a patient, replace those lost electrolytes and recovery is very likely. Should we in the West be afraid of cholera epidemics? The answer is no, we really should not.

The reason why is because we have working toilets and wash our hands after using them. Nor do we use dirty syringes or allow domesticated animals to spread infections. We have functioning waste disposal systems and, most important, we know that filth is bad for public health, so we shower and mop our floors. Also, we do not eat monkeys. Yes, you read that correctly – butchering and eating chimpanzees, part of the “bushmeat” trade, is one of the vectors of ebola’s spread. Incidentally, a chimpanzee has an intellect comparable to that of a four-year-old child.

Nevertheless, Mr Obama is convinced that ebola is the greatest threat to all humanity. That belief is clearly not true, especially in the case of advanced nations with functioning public health systems. Failed states do have a problem, no doubt about it. But should we feel morally responsible for failed states and their, well, failure to endorse and promote adequate health and hygiene. Concerned, yes, and sympathetic too, but responsible? Not at all.

Nor is it true that there is no treatment for this virus – there are at least three developed medications: ZMapp, TKM-Ebola and Favipiravir. These medications are not approved by the international bureaucracy, which instead of working to approve and distribute them, instead spreads panic and media hysteria about a treatable and containable disease. Next comes a carpet bombing of the emotions with hysterical demands for more money to prevent the spread of a disease that shouldn’t exist in the first place, considering the amount of aid international do-gooders receive. A vaccine available to be used against ebola was developed by SmithGlaxoKlein, which offered this medication to WHO only to be knocked back. Go figure.

http://quadrant.org.au/opinion/qed/2014 ... ic-attack/

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » October 17, 2014, 9:25 am

The Exponential of Ebola Rolls On

So, as a bare minimum, I’d propose the following:

1) Land a mobile CBW hospital with complete hazmat gear in Africa. Use THAT as the place to treat, and quarantine, any health care workers and missionaries and such that get Ebola while working there. Do not take them off the continent until 30 days after recovery from infection, or 30 days after last exposure to infection in others.

http://chiefio.wordpress.com/2014/10/16 ... -rolls-on/

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » October 17, 2014, 9:28 am

Nevertheless, Mr Obama is convinced that ebola is the greatest threat to all humanity. That belief is clearly not true, especially in the case of advanced nations with functioning public health systems. Failed states do have a problem, no doubt about it. But should we feel morally responsible for failed states and their, well, failure to endorse and promote adequate health and hygiene. Concerned, yes, and sympathetic too, but responsible? Not at all.
Mid term election time :-"

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » October 17, 2014, 9:35 am

What the White House says now after the Fox News, I'm not including the previous artlcle White House to appoint a Ebola Czar. Actually I didn't think we ha Czar's in the U.S. interesting.

https://us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launc ... j#53740955

Return to “Health & Beauty”