Ear Syringing

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
samster
udonmap.com

Ear Syringing

Post by samster » October 15, 2014, 10:53 am

Has anyone had their ears syringed in Udon? I have had it done several times in the UK by doctors using a jet of water without problems but when the wife took me to an ear, nose and throat doctor here he stuck a small metal thing in my ear and started scraping! Not being one for having uninvited objects put in my orifices, I made my excuses and left! Not sure how safe this method is?

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Ear Syringing

Post by mortiboy » October 15, 2014, 11:33 am

Had mine done last yearCant remember the clinic but they dont syring now.
They use a small suction tool. Brilliant! does the job a treat .... What?
Mai mee tahng !

747man
udonmap.com

Ear Syringing

Post by 747man » October 15, 2014, 12:56 pm

mortiboy wrote:Had mine done last yearCant remember the clinic but they dont syring now.
They use a small suction tool. Brilliant! does the job a treat .... What?
Roy, In you're case that would be a Vacuum Cleaner.... :lol:

pomps
udonmap.com

Ear Syringing

Post by pomps » October 15, 2014, 1:06 pm

For big ears, an alternative :-k
for people with big ears.jpg
for people with big ears.jpg (4.03 KiB) Viewed 2922 times

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Ear Syringing

Post by mortiboy » October 15, 2014, 4:47 pm

Funny thing was, after the suction treatment, I lost my memory
Is the memory part of the brain near yer ears?
Mai mee tahng !

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Ear Syringing

Post by Aardvark » October 15, 2014, 5:37 pm

"Ear Candling" you can probably buy them at the Night Market and most Chinese stores. Personally I prefer the old Water treatment .... http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j ... T9anbKB8SA

Udon Map
Admin

Ear Syringing

Post by Udon Map » October 15, 2014, 10:44 pm

Due to a slightly misshapen ear canal, I have to have this done regularly, a couple of times each year. The doc (in the U.S.) uses the suction to get out what she can; but sometimes there is stuff which doesn't loosen and she has to scrape it out. Standard procedure, no discomfort whatever.

parrot
udonmap.com

Ear Syringing

Post by parrot » October 15, 2014, 11:17 pm

Dr Samet has a ENT clinic about 100meters from the fountain circle on Phosri Rd. He's definitely not the most modern of clinics, but what he does (for me, at least), is well worth the 100 or so baht I usually pay. He speaks English well and charges very low prices for the care he provides. If my ears get gummed up and begin sprouting potatoes, I pop in for a vacuum job and that clears up the problem.

pomps
udonmap.com

Ear Syringing

Post by pomps » October 16, 2014, 4:22 am

Aardvark wrote:"Ear Candling" you can probably buy them at the Night Market and most Chinese stores. Personally I prefer the old Water treatment .... http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j ... T9anbKB8SA
Thanks for the link A ard \:D/ Sounds good but whenever spoken to a Chinaman,he never understands what I am saying,have to revert to hand signals \:D/

Jed
udonmap.com

Ear Syringing

Post by Jed » October 16, 2014, 7:32 am

I like Parrot's doc above. The good doc suggests putting in ear drops or baby oil the night before to loosen things up. He's good, and funny, too.

However, I started putting the baby oil in a few times a day for half an hour when I start having problems, and after a day or so, things clear out and a visit is unnecessary.

Usually happens this time of year, when things are cooling down. Chok dee.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Ear Syringing

Post by semperfiguy » October 16, 2014, 10:35 am

parrot wrote:Dr Samet has a ENT clinic about 100meters from the fountain circle on Phosri Rd. He's definitely not the most modern of clinics, but what he does (for me, at least), is well worth the 100 or so baht I usually pay. He speaks English well and charges very low prices for the care he provides. If my ears get gummed up and begin sprouting potatoes, I pop in for a vacuum job and that clears up the problem.
I also use Dr. Samet and I am very pleased with his services. When I first came here in 2010 I had continuous fungal infections in my ears and I was using my own bulb syringe to clean out my ears almost daily as the fungus would sprout almost overnight. Then I found Dr. Samet and he practically changed my life with his advice. He told me to quit putting water in my ear since it only aids the growth of fungus in this hot climate, and when I take showers never allow the water to go into my ears. He demonstrated to me that the ears have a natural roof and drain to keep the water out if I will only approach the shower nozzle head on without tilting my head to either side. The water will run off naturally and never enter the ear canal. He also vacuumed my ear canal and prescribed antibiotics, and the fungus disappeared and has never returned. His method truly works. I also never go swimming, but if I did I would use a good ear plug to keep any water out of my ears. I can attest to the fact that the local tap water is full of bacteria even when filtered with the 3 tier filters. If you don't believe me then fill up a bottle of water from the tap, set it in the kitchen floor for two weeks, then pick it up and shake the bottle. You will be amazed at the filth that is stirred from the bottom.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Ear Syringing

Post by semperfiguy » October 16, 2014, 10:40 am

parrot wrote:Dr Samet has a ENT clinic about 100meters from the fountain circle on Phosri Rd. He's definitely not the most modern of clinics, but what he does (for me, at least), is well worth the 100 or so baht I usually pay. He speaks English well and charges very low prices for the care he provides. If my ears get gummed up and begin sprouting potatoes, I pop in for a vacuum job and that clears up the problem.
I also use Dr. Samet and I am very pleased with his services. When I first came here in 2010 I had continuous fungal infection in my ears and I was using my own bulb syringe to clean out my ears almost daily as the fungus would sprout almost overnight. Then I found Dr. Samet and he practically changed my life with his advice. He told me to quit putting water in my ear since it only aids the growth of fungus in this hot climate, and when I take showers never allow the water to go into my ears. He demonstrated to me that the ears have a natural roof and drain to keep the water out if I will only approach the shower nozzle head on without tilting my head to either side. The water will run off naturally and never enter the ear canal. He also vacuumed my ear canal and prescribed antibiotics, and the fungus disappeared and has never returned. His method truly works. I also never go swimming, but if I did I would use a good ear plug to keep any water out of my ears. I can attest to the fact that the local tap water is full of bacteria even when filtered with the 3 tier filters. If you don't believe me then fill up a bottle of water from the tap, set it in the kitchen floor for two weeks, then pick it up and shake the bottle. You will be amazed at the filth that is stirred from the bottom.

Specific directions to Dr. Samet's clinic: Drive west on Phosri Rd. past the 2nd circle and his office is less than 100 meters on the left just past the first small soi on the left. There is a parking lot about 30 meters past his office and you will see a sign with an arrow pointing back behind the frontage buildings. Parking fee is 20 baht and you'll enjoy the short walk back to the clinic.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Ear Syringing

Post by KHONDAHM » October 17, 2014, 11:15 am

LOL! The above posts are comical.

Just buy regular hydrogen peroxide. Pour half a capful. Lay on your side and pour just enough to fill your ear canal. Wait 6 minutes. It will pop and fizz as it breaks down the earwax and loosens other debris, but don't freak out. It may also feel warm if there's LOTs of cleaning going on in there. Again, don't freak out. At 6 minutes (or so), quickly turn your head so the solution drains out quickly onto a waiting napkin on which you can see all the gunk cleaned out. Use another napkin tip to clean and dry out as much as you can. The remaining residue inside will atrophy, dry up, and likely fall out on its own within the day. Repeat monthly or semi-monthly (at most).

Great for kids, but limit to 4 minutes at most, IMO.

Done deal. ;)

http://m.wikihow.com/Clean-Your-Ears

As my Doc back in the USA told me: The only object that belongs in your ear is your elbow!
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Ear Syringing

Post by KHONDAHM » October 17, 2014, 11:24 am

"fill up a bottle of water from the tap, set it in the kitchen floor for two weeks"

Ummmm...TWO WEEKS? Not a chance the debris in the bottle could be the bacteria having grown inside the bottle during the TWO WEEKS it was sitting in that bottle on the kitchen floor? :)
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

samster
udonmap.com

Ear Syringing

Post by samster » October 17, 2014, 1:41 pm

Thanks for responses guys. It was actually Dr Samet that I went to see. Had 2nd visit today and all clear now. No more scraping, just vacuum and no pain. Apparently the good doctor had explained what he was doing on my original visit and that I needed a quick scrape to allow ear drops to get behind the wax but I didn't hear him!!! Will have to listen to wife saying "I told you Thai doctor good" for the next few weeks now - maybe I can get Samet to plug me up again!

denz
udonmap.com

Ear Syringing

Post by denz » October 31, 2014, 9:17 am

Anybody know opening days/times for Dr. Samet Clinic?

trubrit
udonmap.com

Ear Syringing

Post by trubrit » October 31, 2014, 10:21 am

denz wrote:Anybody know opening days/times for Dr. Samet Clinic?
Don't know what time he opens but morning session closes at 1.00pm. Open again at 5.00pm
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Return to “Health & Beauty”