Health check packages.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
747sapson

Health check packages.

Post by 747sapson » March 8, 2015, 4:25 pm

Anybody had a recent full health screen ie blood tests for cancer etc, heart tests, abdominal ultrasound and so on.

Looking for a fair priced comprehensive package,experiences, recommendations, information much appreciated.

Thanks!

Macca
udonmap.com

Health check packages.

Post by Macca » March 8, 2015, 4:39 pm

Bangkok International have a good selection of packages
https://www.bangkokhospital.com/en/pack ... p-package/

In December there was a good promotion, approx 40% off, for fathers day.
Not sure if any more promotions in near future.

Galee
udonmap.com

Health check packages.

Post by Galee » March 8, 2015, 4:58 pm

Bangkok Hospital operate an age discrimination policy. If you just want the basic check-up and your over 60, tough. You have to have the all singing, all dancing package.

Last week I went to AEK for are check-up. No age discrimination there. Bloods, urine, abdomen ultra-sound, plus some meds. Under 5K baht.

747sapson

Health check packages.

Post by 747sapson » March 8, 2015, 5:29 pm

Thanks for the info so far guys, AEK sounds good did that include EKG and stress test?

waanjai
udonmap.com

Health check packages.

Post by waanjai » March 8, 2015, 5:41 pm

Your request comes a little late. They had special promotions yesterday and today. And they have them every couple of month.
English Special Health check Up Promotion-cut.jpg
Bangkok Hospital Udon Promotions
Best would be to let them enter Your e-mail-addy onto their mailing-list for future promotions.
Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

malc123
udonmap.com

Health check packages.

Post by malc123 » March 8, 2015, 8:36 pm

Had the Medical Check-Up at Wattana this last week, me and the wife went, both paid about 15000baht. Was the full check up with a stress test for me, and was attended by the Cardiologist, as I have a heart condition.

Wife get the results of her smear test in the post. All results are explained to you by the Dr, our seconded time having this check up, the are lesser programs to choose from. Not cheap but I liked the service and it dose include a meal.

malc123

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Health check packages.

Post by tamada » January 31, 2022, 10:17 am

Bumping this thread.

UM member timmy recently posted of how he belatedly became aware of being diabetic, losing a toe in the process. We have mostly sedentary life styles and our own opinions on personal fitness but we generally don't benchmark that health as we should. Keeping tabs on the body and a step ahead of the usual, age-related ailments is pretty important.

There may be other threads about the health check ups that are available in Udon. I recall quite a few years back, my American friend went for the "whole enchilada" at AEK Udon and paid around 70% less than Bangkok Hospital in Pattaya were charging for the same suite of tests. That was before BH took over Paolo. I think I also read fairly recently that someone got one of these lifestyle medical check ups at the Army Hospital, again paying a reasonable fee for the tests, lab workup and results.

I get two offshore medicals every two years in Bangkok but that only skims the surface. I used to augment that with an annual check up when I lived in Pattaya but admit to not doing the same since I moved back to Oodorn.

Maybe members can post their most recent experiences and costs here?

Ta
tam
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 31, 2022, 4:54 pm

tamada wrote:
January 31, 2022, 10:17 am
Bumping this thread.

UM member timmy recently posted of how he belatedly became aware of being diabetic, losing a toe in the process. We have mostly sedentary life styles and our own opinions on personal fitness but we generally don't benchmark that health as we should. Keeping tabs on the body and a step ahead of the usual, age-related ailments is pretty important.Keeping tabs on the body,show me your body i tell you how fit/unfit you are..We humans with ALL the Internet just a keystroke away might be a start for many,but nahh,better to have some tasty processed food,smoke and the whole nien yards of food WE KNOW is not good for us...but to make a change..no i rather put my head in the sand,right.THEIR IS NO EXCUSE FOR LAZYNESS.How many here are PRE DIABETICS..many i think.You take better care of your car then you care about yourself.Yepp,like Khun Paul answered i an other thread..it's up to everyone to make their own choices..Sure,but LAZYNESS goes before health and service your ageing body..You likely take more care servicing your car ;-)Many of you just don't care,am i right or wrong?Get you AND your spause/girlfriend to make a visit to do a full healthtest..so you can take action BEFORE you lose,like Timmy,a toe or have a stroke/heart attack..As retired we have ALL the time to change things for your own health.A good start is here:
TLCLab-Udon..042 327 353 Address: 106/32 ถ.บริเวณตลาดธนารักษ์ Mueang Udon Thani District, Udon Thani 41000
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x ... 2673698919

So you got all the info for your first checkup,please no excuses now..Just freaking get your lazy ass off that computer chair and go ;-)

//Alfie

There may be other threads about the health check ups that are available in Udon. I recall quite a few years back, my American friend went for the "whole enchilada" at AEK Udon and paid around 70% less than Bangkok Hospital in Pattaya were charging for the same suite of tests. That was before BH took over Paolo. I think I also read fairly recently that someone got one of these lifestyle medical check ups at the Army Hospital, again paying a reasonable fee for the tests, lab workup and results.

I get two offshore medicals every two years in Bangkok but that only skims the surface. I used to augment that with an annual check up when I lived in Pattaya but admit to not doing the same since I moved back to Oodorn.

Maybe members can post their most recent experiences and costs here?

Ta
tam

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 31, 2022, 5:08 pm

I did the executive physical at BKK Hospital in October.....19,000ish. No complaints.

Return to “Health & Beauty”