Nitrogen treatment skin cancer

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Nitrogen treatment skin cancer

Post by AussieBoy » March 31, 2017, 12:38 pm

Has any one had done here.have small need to burnt off.AEK dont do.easy procedure.most GP in Oz will do. Strange major hospital does not do. Any suggestions

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk

Master Builder

wazza
udonmap.com

Re: Nitrogen treatment skin cancer

Post by wazza » March 31, 2017, 2:53 pm

AussieBoy

There is a Dermatologist on Posri Road who I believe has the Nitrogen Spray.

Laser is better, for anything that might be a tad deeper. I use Bumrungrad in BKK for this as I couldnt find laser in the private hospitals here in Udon.

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » March 31, 2017, 2:59 pm

Thanks. It just small spot on the face. Starting to get bigger

Last edited by AussieBoy on March 31, 2017, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master Builder

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Re: RE: Re: Nitrogen treatment skin cancer

Post by AussieBoy » March 31, 2017, 3:04 pm

AussieBoy wrote:Thanks. It just small spot on the face. Starting to get bigger

Test

Master Builder

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 31, 2017, 3:39 pm

I've got a couple of worrying moles on my back and arm too, I was going to go to the army hospital to get them checked out, is this the best idea or should I go straight to the dermatologist on Posri?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 31, 2017, 3:46 pm

Straight to the Consultant.

You might get seen first by someone with little or no experienxe. IMO

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 31, 2017, 4:01 pm

Is this the dermatologist? If so I'm reading that he's hardly ever there and that he just uses the Phosri address to sell his ointments and creams?
Attachments
IMG_0323.PNG
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » March 31, 2017, 4:13 pm

Heres what I found out, last time I had a small spot appearing the AU Dr gave me some acid cream, to start with, after 3 weeks not much changed, it has a slight burning sting to it, cream paste, so he Nitro it off, Australian skin cancer recommended this to start with Imiquimod cream/ Aldara for a few weeks, so off to AEk 1000B and 3 satchels 5% 250mg Aldara, to try, If I need more I'll see if local chemist stocks, In AU need a prescription for use cost B100 satchel in Au.

Aldara cream contains the active ingredient imiquimod, which is a type of medicine called an immunomodulator. It is used to treat three different skin conditions: genital warts, small superficial skin cancers and actinic keratoses
Master Builder

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 31, 2017, 4:13 pm

Or perhaps this one? I'm going to give this one a go so fingers crossed....
Attachments
IMG_0324.PNG

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 31, 2017, 6:26 pm

What ever you do DONT go to a skin clinic near Maya Restaurant, near the corner of the Side Soi closer to Police Station

The guy is a quack at best and incompetent clinically at worse

Friend of mine went there ( Thai ) with an urticaria and hives, from some sort of sensitivity.

1 min consultation ! and discharged with 5 medications, fungal and antiflamatory ( brufren ) included in the 5, he actually included Betnovate !! LOL

Brufren was also a very well know " Allergic " medication to the patient, but Quack said, its only allergenic to what your actually treating , not the actual medication itself !!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 1, 2017, 7:48 pm

This is the dermatologist I chose in the end. They are just down the road from the Prajaktra Hotel and the doctor is a dermatologist at the Udon General Hospital so thus hopefully knows her stuff. The good news for me is that there was nothing untoward with my moles, the bad news is my blemishes etc are down to "old age", damn her eyes for saying that lol.
Attachments
IMG_1204.JPG

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » April 1, 2017, 8:50 pm

To the best of my knowledge there is only one dermatologist in Udon who has a dermascope which is used to view a suspected lesion to determine if it looks cancerous. Once this initial screening is done than step 2 would be to determine the best treatment. However, the only sure way to determine if a skin lesion is melanoma or carcinoma is to do a biopsy on a sample of the questionable tissue. This essentially could mean 2 surgeries - 1 to determine if the lesion is cancer and 2 to surgically remove it and the surrounding tissue. Dr Phirawan practices at Wattana Hospital every Monday. She speaks excellent English and can explain what is required to treat the lesion.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 1, 2017, 8:54 pm

FDMike

Are you aware if they have a Laser Unit at Wattana for removal of lesions ??

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » April 1, 2017, 9:25 pm

Yes they do. The doctor removed several non-cancerous lesions from my back with it.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » April 2, 2017, 8:21 pm

FFS.......answer the freakin OP's question, not hearsay that not there or sells ointments. It's a skin clinic, yea, they ointments, if you need them. It's not a beauty clinic.

AussieBoy, this is LA. Go to the doc on Amphoe Rd after 1630, I think. I've used him quite a few time. His English is good, though probably won't understand a damn thing YOU say.....LOL

If not mistaken, he's the only one in town with liquid Nitro. AND......."took la dee" Perfect for little spot on your hansum self. Wile there, have him check you over for other spots. It's fee for checking you out, or was for me, as used him a few times. Or you could go to BumRip in bkk and pay 1000 plus baht for check over.

Here's a pic of the clinic with hours and Google Map for location. Just off the SiSuk and Amphur rd intersection next to the all plastic flower place.

camps
udonmap.com

Post by camps » April 3, 2017, 12:45 am

I have used the clinic 12345 is referring to for a few years, Still uses the Big Cotton Bud method with the liquid nitrogen but results the same.Last month had 10 burnt off, and check-up 1000bht . His name is Dr Somchai and Tel 042222590....cheers

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 3, 2017, 9:03 am

What sort of optical support does your Dr use to check the spots / lesions

I had a Quack at AEK years ago, use just a magnifying glass, wasnt happy with her at all.

I went to Bumrungrad for a work medical and chose to get a 2nd opinion there.

The Dermatoligist there, uses a full UV headlight, and identified a pre melanoma under this visual check, removed by laser and the biopsy that was available within 1 hour confirmed this . Money well spent .

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Re: Thanks LA Nitrogen treatment skin cancer

Post by AussieBoy » April 7, 2017, 11:19 am

Thanks for all the advise, I went with Aldara cream treatment, never used before, Nitro is the quickest, but leaves a bit ugly blister for a few days, then takes a week or to to heal, Started last Saturday with the Adara, side affect are headaches, first scab fell off Wednesday, second scab forming, gets very itchy, next time, I'll stick with the Nitro,
I had several removed before with Nitro easy procedure and cheaper, Adara is B240 for a 250mg satchel last 3 days, so will see this treatment through, As all previous face legions were caught early, current one were growing and it would be several months before I get back to OZ, Thanks LA for the sound advise, will keep the doc address once finished with the nose treatment scab, Ill get the other 2 Nitro off.
The red spot on the side of the eye is starting to grow, I used a hi res camera shot, you can see the blood vessels and all the redness, one of the doctors told me that, take a good shot in natural light and look at the redness, I use Faststone image viewer, open the file open lighting options and then adjust the contrast saturation to 100% brings out all the little veins, and shows up the cancer spot very well, original Pic was 5mb, so you wont get as good image here, but the first pic is with the light adjustment, the second is as taken, looks a lot better when it 5mb chow to all.

Here's a Hi- res link showing standard photo and colour contrast effect
https://www.flickr.com/photos/94868138@ ... 539792680/
Attachments
IMG_2374.jpg
IMG_2374.jpg (38.11 KiB) Viewed 2679 times
IMG_2374.jpg
IMG_2374.jpg (38.11 KiB) Viewed 2679 times
Master Builder

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » April 9, 2017, 5:57 pm

fdimike wrote:To the best of my knowledge there is only one dermatologist in Udon who has a dermascope which is used to view a suspected lesion to determine if it looks cancerous. Once this initial screening is done than step 2 would be to determine the best treatment. However, the only sure way to determine if a skin lesion is melanoma or carcinoma is to do a biopsy on a sample of the questionable tissue. This essentially could mean 2 surgeries - 1 to determine if the lesion is cancer and 2 to surgically remove it and the surrounding tissue. Dr Phirawan practices at Wattana Hospital every Monday. She speaks excellent English and can explain what is required to treat the lesion.
I had a very unusual growth just above my wriest. No idea if it was cancer or not. Had it cut out stitches come out tomorrow and hopefully they will tell me is it had anything to do with skin. The took a real hunk out, had what looked like a long root That was at Bangkok hospital out patient surgery around 8K. Thanks for the information on Wattana. I will give her a try after I get through this one. I really have no idea what skin cancer looks like.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Return to “Health & Beauty”