Are Americans THIS sick...

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
fatbob
udonmap.com

Re: Are Americans THIS sick...

Post by fatbob » July 12, 2017, 11:08 am

Lone Star wrote:
July 12, 2017, 10:50 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
July 11, 2017, 10:09 am
Mostly US society leading the way, it's called Racism.
Is that the same US society that elected Obama -- twice? :lol: :lol: :lol:

For those who are ignorant of US demographics, Black Americans comprise about 12% of the population. Latinos about 14% of the population. Asians maybe 4% or a little less. 65-70% White European descent makes up the other portion. As much as most Blacks (about 95%) and some Latinos (not nearly all) wanted Obama to be elected, Whitey had to have voted in droves for Obama to win. That doesn't translate into racism -- or racial prejudice -- or racial discrimination.

Obama's vote count in 2008 was 359. In 2012 it was 303. By contrast, Trump's vote count in 2016 was 306.

Numbers don't lie, but America-haters do.

If quoting numbers the voter turnout in 2008 was 62.3% and 2012 was 57.5% of the population, I have no idea and don't care but you would need to have the race figures based on those numbers to have anything relevant to form an argument.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 12, 2017, 11:16 am

fatbob wrote:
July 12, 2017, 11:08 am
If quoting numbers the voter turnout in 2008 was 62.3% and 2012 was 57.5% of the population, I have no idea and don't care but you would need to have the race figures based on those numbers to have anything relevant to form an argument.
Maybe you need a rocket scientist to figure it out, but most don't.

If the country is about 70% White, it's pretty difficult to label the US society as racist if it elected Obama twice.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » July 12, 2017, 11:40 am

Lone Star wrote:
July 12, 2017, 11:16 am
fatbob wrote:
July 12, 2017, 11:08 am
Maybe you need a rocket scientist to figure it out, but most don't.

If the country is about 70% White, it's pretty difficult to label the US society as racist if it elected Obama twice.

Give me the numbers of those who voted there by race then?, being that you believe yourself to be rocket scientist among many other things...

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » July 12, 2017, 11:48 am

Obama carried over 50 % of the popular vote, twice........70 % white pop in USA........what else do you need.

Google is your friend if needing confirmation of non racist voting. We elected a Roman Catholic back in the 60's.....imagine that.

MSM will have you believe anything, unless able to think for one's self.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 12, 2017, 11:51 am

fatbob wrote:
July 12, 2017, 11:40 am
If you can find this information, and comment, and state that you don't care ("I have no idea and don't care"), you don't really want to know. :-"

If you're willing to accept that the US society, with almost 70% White population is racist, despite electing Obama twice, that's you.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » July 12, 2017, 11:58 am

Lone Star wrote:
July 12, 2017, 11:51 am
fatbob wrote:
July 12, 2017, 11:40 am
If you can find this information, and comment, and state that you don't care ("I have no idea and don't care"), you don't really want to know. :-"

If you're willing to accept that the US society, with almost 70% White population is racist, despite electing Obama twice, that's you.
Being that voting is not compulsory in the US quoting population numbers based on race is meaningless. To use that as a valid argument it must be broken down to the % of those that voted by race and then being a two party based election what party's were voted for by race, then your meaningless statement will have some form of credibility.

I don't see where I stated that US society is racist?

Merely looking at an unfounded meaningless statement made by the resident rocket scientist..

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 12, 2017, 12:07 pm

fatbob wrote:
July 12, 2017, 11:58 am
Lone Star wrote:

"willing to accept" does not mean that you believe it.

Reading comprehension and an understanding of the language goes far in meaningful communication.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » July 12, 2017, 12:29 pm

Lone Star wrote:
July 12, 2017, 12:07 pm
fatbob wrote:
July 12, 2017, 11:58 am
Lone Star wrote:

"willing to accept" does not mean that you believe it.

Reading comprehension and an understanding of the language goes far in meaningful communication.

Go the Blues, should win by 10.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 12, 2017, 12:30 pm

It seems that this (my thread)thread is derailing and the famous RACE CARD is played again like a broken record..I hear you and i agree for most part,if not all..;-)I wish we just could come togehter as humans and stop behaving like children..A quick fix there another fix there,but just have a look next time you go to the toilett,look in the mirror and ask yourself:

*What is your core approach to life?
*Do you primarily want to receive?
*Or do you primarily want to give?
It’s a simple question. But very very hard to get a honest answer to..
But the answer to that question lies at the heart of what you’ll do and achieve in your life.(Take full responsability of your own actions..or choose the easy road..let the Doctor,your Goverment,or anyone else BUT YOURSELF run your life.
You and only YOU can make a change,are you/me willing to walk that narrow dirt road?Or we do what we feel most comfortable with,hide behind drugs,tobaco,overeating,drinking to much..Hide behinde the words that it's all racism,the Goverment fault..or whatever..
If you’re primarily motivated by what you can get from something, then once you get that thing, your motivation will be gone.

Have i sprinkled my post to much now rjj04..i don't care because i think you understand were and what kind of road i want to walk..To much of my or my wifes food isn't good either...not that i think my wife would agree ;-)

Just ask for one thing...skip the RACE CARD...thank you very much.

rjj04 wrote:
July 12, 2017, 10:34 am
Spanking you would be a bit too kinky for my liking... but thanks for the offer :lol:
I'll take a rain-check in case one day I drift in that direction.

As when you cook your wonderful food over there, you use your own recipe. A touch of this, a dash of that.... I would not want to give the impression that personal responsibility is not involved. Take the CIA's antics out of the equation and the problem would not just disappear. But in the case of the USA, with the history of slavery, COINTELPRO, etc. etc. it becomes a much more complex issue. Certainly no easy targets for scape-goating in this epidemic. Global drug companies, certain Doctors, and white middle class voters, are not quite so easy targets as black drug gangs were.

Thanks for educating me on how this is not solely a US issue. A problem in Sweden too eh? hmmm not quite to the same extent though, correct? As you yourself have implied.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 12, 2017, 1:22 pm

rjj04 wrote:
July 12, 2017, 8:49 am
I
I thought US history might be taught in Sweden - as how NOT to run a society - but apparently I was wrong there too :)
Maybe the current "president" would be an example of how to ruin a country's standing in the world in the shortest time possible :( but maybe that's what you get when you have the best political sustem money can buy
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » July 12, 2017, 1:36 pm

I didn't raise the issue of racism.

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 12, 2017, 12:30 pm
Keeping cards up ones sleeve is not the best way to solve a problem... actually it gets you into a lot more problems I'd say.

Do continue to rag on America though... some of us actually lived there and had some experience with the issues. Coming from the west coast I probably have a different outlook than somebody from the Lone Star state or the Midwest or New England for that matter... but at least we have lived in the USA and have some idea of what has been going on there. :roll:

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 12, 2017, 1:48 pm

Nope you didn't for sure,sorry my sometime bad language skills.. :oops: But you're right,it could be viewed/read like i meant you,my bad :oops: ...back to laundry ;-)..have to help were i'm allowed without workpermit ;-)

rjj04 wrote:
July 12, 2017, 1:36 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
Keeping cards up ones sleeve is not the best way to solve a problem... actually it gets you into a lot more problems I'd say.

Do continue to rag on America though... some of us actually lived there and had some experience with the issues. Coming from the west coast I probably have a different outlook than somebody from the Lone Star state or the Midwest or New England for that matter... but at least we have lived in the USA and have some idea of what has been going on there. :roll:

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 12, 2017, 2:02 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 12, 2017, 1:48 pm
Nope you didn't for sure,sorry my sometime bad language skills.. :oops: But you're right,it could be viewed/read like i meant you,my bad :oops: ...back to laundry ;-)..have to help were i'm allowed without workpermit ;-)

rjj04 wrote:
July 12, 2017, 1:36 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:

Do continue to rag on America though
..do you feel i do that?Not my intention at all..just an hopefully "mindfull"thought from me on what's going on..like i said earlyer..I don't recognize what's going on with all the "crap"going on now in my own country..15 years and counting sice i was home last time..and things seems to have gone from bad to worse..*me feeling sad*.

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » July 12, 2017, 2:22 pm

Sorry, I think when one sees ones country going down for so long with little hope of it reviving, perhaps one gets a bit defensive. My apologies sir.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 12, 2017, 3:13 pm

Back to the opioid problem, trying to set aside the related or not issue dealing with race:

Doesn't every doctor/dentist have a moral (and legal?) responsibility to do what's best for his/her patient? Instead of blaming big pharma, I'd put a good amount of blame on the doctors who freely prescribe powerful drugs for things that can be taken care of with much less powerful and addictive medicines. It seems to me, there's a time and place for the heavy duty meds to be given.....cancer, horrific pain and otherwise uncontrollable pain........but prescribing an opioid based pain reliever after pulling wisdom teeth? Seems a bit much for me.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 12, 2017, 3:53 pm

Hey my friend and fellow expat..No need to apologies,but thank you anyway.Give and take,just that we all try our best to be ..hm..mindfull..okey.
I have to say again i feel the same about the turn my homecounrty taken..down the drain.As long we can share the boat and oars..no problem with me.I don't care what country or skincolor/religion you have...Back to opioid topic..:-)
rjj04 wrote:
July 12, 2017, 2:22 pm
Sorry, I think when one sees ones country going down for so long with little hope of it reviving, perhaps one gets a bit defensive. My apologies sir.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 12, 2017, 4:21 pm

parrot wrote:
July 12, 2017, 3:13 pm
Back to the opioid problem, trying to set aside the related or not issue dealing with race:

Doesn't every doctor/dentist have a moral (and legal?) responsibility to do what's best for his/her patient? Instead of blaming big pharma, I'd put a good amount of blame on the doctors who freely prescribe powerful drugs for things that can be taken care of with much less powerful and addictive medicines. It seems to me, there's a time and place for the heavy duty meds to be given.....cancer, horrific pain and otherwise uncontrollable pain........but prescribing an opioid based pain reliever after pulling wisdom teeth? Seems a bit much for me.
http://www.newyorker.com/business/curre ... l-epidemic

http://ideas.time.com/2012/11/26/viewpo ... y-doctors/

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/10/the-amer ... signs.html

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » July 12, 2017, 4:30 pm

Getting back on topic with the OP’s desire to understand the high use of opioid pharmaceutical drugs in the US, we cannot shy away from including a religious component into the equation simply because some people don’t want to discuss religion, more particularly Christianity.

The USA is entering into a post Christian era. The number of Christians and cultural strength of Christianity are both declining in the United States. This decline is noticeable and is affecting church life, culture, and politics.

Our young people today are brought up with no sense of the sanctity of their bodies and seem to be dead set on destroying them with alcohol, drugs, sexual immorality and obesity in ever increasing numbers.

In the Word of God, 1 Corinthian 6 speaks to the issue of glorifying God in our bodies:

“All things are lawful to me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be brought under the power of anything. “Food is for the belly, and the belly is for food,” but God will destroy both of them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body. What? Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God, and that you are not your own? You were bought with a price. Therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

Before I became a Christian in 1988 I was a slave to alcohol, drugs, s*x and obesity just to name a few. I didn’t believe that I was created in the image of God, and rather than serve God I sought to serve my own pleasures and devices and was on a path to destruction. Now that I have been regenerated in my spirit, I seek to please my Heavenly Father and follow the principles for clean living that He has set out in His Word. I will no longer allow my appetite for sin and the cravings of my flesh/emotions to control my behavior because God has given me the power to resist any temptation.

What we are experiencing now in the USA is purely the result of a people that have rejected God and his principles for living, and we are now paying the price for our lack of self-control. If our people sought to glorify God in their bodies, then the majority of our problems would disappear overnight, the least of which would be opioid addiction.

The healthcare industry and big pharma, in their lust for power and profits, have created and named syndromes for every kind of affliction that ails us and have brainwashed us into believing that our problems can only be treated with their medications. What we have in our country is a sin problem, and once we come to the realization that our bodies were not given to us to do with as we please, then and only then will we reject those things that lead us into addiction. America must turn back to God if it is to survive. Unfortunately, we have exported the particular variations of our sin to the entire world, and the nations of the earth have become eager consumers. The future is not going to be pretty my friends. Trust me on this one!!!!!!!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » July 12, 2017, 5:06 pm

What a load of bo::ocks

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 12, 2017, 5:14 pm

...and please pretty please poster in this thread...Give us ALL a chanse to express our diffrent views,including religion and what religion may or may not to do with the opioid problem.Some would call/blame it on pretty much anything EXCEPT taking their own resposibility..As we all know..it's all about MONEY..and that YOU and I either choose to take the easy road to solve our pain..or try to take charge over our own life.Atleast that's what i think.If you don't really know what love is and to love yourself,well then you don't care much about your life and your body..or your love in life.Ask your self this:

What is your core motivation in the life you live now,please tell me.

For me it is to find peace in life..and to give moore then i take..this is what i strive for..i still slip and slide..but i'm getting better to try and except that the cleaning have to start infront of my own door..Any kind of overdoing is NOT the way to go..moderation is the key..one step at a time.18 years of backpain..been there done that..now i try to focus on..moderation..

Thanks for your input my friend Semperfiguy..

semperfiguy wrote:
July 12, 2017, 4:30 pm
Getting back on topic with the OP’s desire to understand the high use of opioid pharmaceutical drugs in the US, we cannot shy away from including a religious component into the equation simply because some people don’t want to discuss religion, more particularly Christianity.

The USA is entering into a post Christian era. The number of Christians and cultural strength of Christianity are both declining in the United States. This decline is noticeable and is affecting church life, culture, and politics.

Our young people today are brought up with no sense of the sanctity of their bodies and seem to be dead set on destroying them with alcohol, drugs, sexual immorality and obesity in ever increasing numbers.

In the Word of God, 1 Corinthian 6 speaks to the issue of glorifying God in our bodies:

“All things are lawful to me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be brought under the power of anything. “Food is for the belly, and the belly is for food,” but God will destroy both of them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body. What? Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God, and that you are not your own? You were bought with a price. Therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

Before I became a Christian in 1988 I was a slave to alcohol, drugs, s*x and obesity just to name a few. I didn’t believe that I was created in the image of God, and rather than serve God I sought to serve my own pleasures and devices and was on a path to destruction. Now that I have been regenerated in my spirit, I seek to please my Heavenly Father and follow the principles for clean living that He has set out in His Word. I will no longer allow my appetite for sin and the cravings of my flesh/emotions to control my behavior because God has given me the power to resist any temptation.

What we are experiencing now in the USA is purely the result of a people that have rejected God and his principles for living, and we are now paying the price for our lack of self-control. If our people sought to glorify God in their bodies, then the majority of our problems would disappear overnight, the least of which would be opioid addiction.

The healthcare industry and big pharma, in their lust for power and profits, have created and named syndromes for every kind of affliction that ails us and have brainwashed us into believing that our problems can only be treated with their medications. What we have in our country is a sin problem, and once we come to the realization that our bodies were not given to us to do with as we please, then and only then will we reject those things that lead us into addiction. America must turn back to God if it is to survive. Unfortunately, we have exported the particular variations of our sin to the entire world, and the nations of the earth have become eager consumers. The future is not going to be pretty my friends. Trust me on this one!!!!!!!

Return to “Health & Beauty”