Hospital bed

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Hospital bed

Post by parrot » August 21, 2017, 4:14 pm

"Is the mini aspirin made in Thailand Parrot ??"

Yes

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 21, 2017, 4:18 pm

Cant show prices. Thai Law.

Challenge them on licences to sell medications ...i bet they dont have a qualified Pharmacist on site.....

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » August 21, 2017, 4:36 pm

Regarding the 81mg aspirin, i purchased 3 bottles last week from the pharmacy on PHON PHISAI rd, about a 100 m from the Ban Huwe ( spelling ?? ) market, 60 tablets for B30. BTW where is FORTE ?? Thanks.
20170821_161506.jpg

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 21, 2017, 5:42 pm

wazza wrote:
August 21, 2017, 4:18 pm

Challenge them on licences to sell medications ...i bet they dont have a qualified Pharmacist on site.....
The girl at Forte today was a qualified pharmacist. There are at least 8 pharmacies in Udon with pharmacists.....and probably another 20 without. Easy enough to tell as all the real-deals have green signs saying "in" or "out".

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 21, 2017, 5:58 pm

Yes the Drug shops only have licences for minimal over the counter medications, you wont get the higher grade antibiotics etc there. Normally owned or run by Nurses or some other quasi qualified person.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 21, 2017, 6:46 pm

wazza wrote:
August 21, 2017, 5:58 pm
Yes the Drug shops only have licences for minimal over the counter medications, you wont get the higher grade antibiotics etc there. Normally owned or run by Nurses or some other quasi qualified person.
I don't think that's true. As I understand things.....a pharmacy such as Somsak (either of the two) have certified pharmacists and can sell pretty much the whole shebang. Somsak once told me there are only 8 or so (but that was several years ago) in Udon. Pharmacies with pharmacists will display prominent signs (usually always inside behind the counter on the wall, in Thai) saying the Pharmacist is in/out. If the pharmacist is out, the remaining staff can sell over the counter stuff, legally.

The little pharmacies in many villages are supposedly only selling common medicines....but I've seen them sell a variety of antibiotics....although probably not legally.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 21, 2017, 6:55 pm

parrot wrote:
August 21, 2017, 6:46 pm
wazza wrote:
August 21, 2017, 5:58 pm
I don't think that's true. As I understand things.....a pharmacy such as Somsak (either of the two) have certified pharmacists and can sell pretty much the whole shebang. Somsak once told me there are only 8 or so (but that was several years ago) in Udon. Pharmacies with pharmacists will display prominent signs (usually always inside behind the counter on the wall, in Thai) saying the Pharmacist is in/out. If the pharmacist is out, the remaining staff can sell over the counter stuff, legally.

The little pharmacies in many villages are supposedly only selling common medicines....but I've seen them sell a variety of antibiotics....although probably not legally.
Boots and P&F both display signs that say the Pharmacist is out ( lunch etc ) - shutters down and wont sell many of the medications. Thats my experience, Boots only last week.

There are classifications of medications in Thailand, Narcotics,In Hospital only , Doctor only , Pharmacy and drug stores etc.

Amoxicillin is sold over the counter will nilly and only 3 days of medication, no wonder The World has drug resistant antibiotics etc

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » August 23, 2017, 6:48 am

parrot wrote:
August 21, 2017, 3:50 pm
I went back to Forte today to browse and pick up a few meds:
Glucosa (30 packs)....box marked 900 baht, sold at P&F in Central for 450, but for 300 at Forte
Was that for the stik pak 1500 powder? If so that is a great price.Did you notice if they stocked Glucosamine in tablet form (1500)? Where is this FORTE located?? I need to stock up on Glucosamine,fish oil and multi vitamins.Maybe they are worth a visit.
Voiceover for hire.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 23, 2017, 7:17 am

This will get you close enough, it's on the ring road on the left just before you get to the junction where you turn left to Nong Bua Lumphu or right to the airport, it's huge and hard to miss.
Attachments
IMG_0124.PNG
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » August 23, 2017, 7:25 am

Cheers Vince.
Voiceover for hire.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 23, 2017, 3:40 pm

The last box of glucosa I bought at P&F was 480 Baht (versus 450 that I mentioned above). That makes the Forte box for 300 even a better deal.
Attachments
20170823_103349.jpg

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » August 28, 2017, 11:02 am

I shopped at Forte on Saturday and was the only customer in the store.As per the procedure there the staff follow you around,push your trolley,the pharmacist will give you all the information you require...prices etc.I had three staff plus the pharmacist with me the entire time.The place is large.I noticed about 12-15 staff around at desks on Computers,some cleaning,some standing.It was a ghost town.They have everything you will need for well being.Prices were good for what I wanted.I can't give you any information about what the other items in the store are priced like as per the rule on not showing listed price.Simply ask the pharmacist and she gets on the two way radio for a price check!! Maybe it's just me but I thought the whole two way radio radio and three staff following you around thing was a great laugh.It was worth just going to experience that. \:D/ Good times in Isan.
Voiceover for hire.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 28, 2017, 11:18 am

Roger Over

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » August 28, 2017, 12:14 pm

parrot wrote:
August 21, 2017, 5:42 pm
wazza wrote:
August 21, 2017, 4:18 pm

The girl at Forte today was a qualified pharmacist. There are at least 8 pharmacies in Udon with pharmacists.....and probably another 20 without. Easy enough to tell as all the real-deals have green signs saying "in" or "out".
The "real deals" with in and out signs, would that be the girls?

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » August 28, 2017, 1:41 pm

^^ 555!
=D>

Return to “Health & Beauty”