Cystoscopy at army hospital?

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
hairyharry
udonmap.com

Re: Cystoscopy at army hospital?

Post by hairyharry » November 13, 2018, 11:10 am

I've heard if you are hung like a donkey it doesn't hurt a bit whereas if you're a needle dick it's agony. Hope that eases your mind.

Balthasar G.
udonmap.com

Post by Balthasar G. » November 13, 2018, 1:21 pm

Don't fret. The horror stories that you hear are from yonder years.
I've never undergone medical treatment at the Army Hospital but I've had 3 cystoscopies in Europe over the last 20 years. All without anesthesia.

The first one, about 20 years ago, was pure hell. After I had it urinating was very painful and I kept peeing blood for the rest of the day. About 10 years ago I had another one which was about half as painful as the first one.

When my urologist told me 2 years ago that he wanted to do another cystoscopy I asked him to be anesthetised. He replied that this would not be a good idea since he would have to make preparations for that. This meant that I would have to come back at a later date and in view of his busy schedule that would mean that I would have to be placed on a waiting list.

He assured me that things had changed tremendously over the last few years and that the tube that they are using now is considerably thinner than the ones that they used in the past. He also said that it would all be over in just a minute or two.

This all proved to be true. It wasn't a walk in the park but quite bearable and could not be compared to the previous ones that I had. No after-pain and no peeing blood. And since you will be anesthetised I can assure you’ll be quite OK.
I hope I die in my sleep like my grand dad did, not screaming like his passengers

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » November 13, 2018, 5:20 pm

Had one over 10 years ago in the US. No anesthesia, just some type of numbing jell put on the tube going in the urethra.
Uncomfortable but not really painful. Could feel the scope moving around in my bladder which felt weird but not painful. Don't worry, it doesn't take long.

Good luck, hope it's nothing serious.
UFF DA!

Return to “Health & Beauty”