Do you have a Health Insurance?

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Do you have a Health Insurance?

Post by DuiDui49 » March 18, 2019, 3:45 pm

* Yes i have bought one that i'm happy with.

* No,i rely on my cash to pay for my medical care.

* I think it's to expensive to get one at my age.

* I don't have ANY healt insurance at all.

* I'm living a healthy lifestyle so i don't think i need one.

* IF Thailand would inforce a new law that ALL of us living here have to have a Health Insurance.Would you
stay or move.

* How much do you think is "enough"to pay for a good Health Insurance per month (In dollar).

* Other.

glalt
udonmap.com

Re: Do you have a Health Insurance?

Post by glalt » March 18, 2019, 5:14 pm

I had health insurance for some years when I first retired here. I made sure when I bought the policy that they would never cancel me because of age. The problem was that they said nothing about pricing me out. I am now self insured.

Compulsory insurance for old men would be a disaster. If we could even get it, the price would be crazy and out of reach.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 18, 2019, 5:25 pm

glalt wrote:
March 18, 2019, 5:14 pm
I had health insurance for some years when I first retired here. I made sure when I bought the policy that they would never cancel me because of age. The problem was that they said nothing about pricing me out. I am now self insured.

Compulsory insurance for old men would be a disaster. If we could even get it, the price would be crazy and out of reach.
Thank you for taking time to answer.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 18, 2019, 6:21 pm

Yes i have bought one that i'm happy with.

I've had mine for about 30 years
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » March 18, 2019, 7:48 pm

My wife and I both have health insurance. I would have never moved here without having any health insurance.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » March 18, 2019, 8:00 pm

Likewise. The wife and I have medical (health) insurance.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » March 18, 2019, 11:27 pm

Something i am considering but have no idea about the monthly cost.

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Post by UdonExpat » March 19, 2019, 3:31 am

I like my health insurance, although I'd like it more if it was less expensive. As a US Govt annuitant I have many choices for health insurance for my wife and myself. One I've found easy for overseas claims costs me $369 a month this year. The government pays an additional $1,108. So the total cost is $1,477 a month. The cost increases every year.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » March 19, 2019, 6:34 am

UdonExpat wrote:
March 19, 2019, 3:31 am
I like my health insurance, although I'd like it more if it was less expensive. As a US Govt annuitant I have many choices for health insurance for my wife and myself. One I've found easy for overseas claims costs me $369 a month this year. The government pays an additional $1,108. So the total cost is $1,477 a month. The cost increases every year.
Will you plz provide name of the company you are using?

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » March 19, 2019, 7:27 am

Existing health conditions prevents me from obtaining health insurance , they refuse ,but will cover me for minor accidents not related to my on going condition , Which to me means they've got a get out clause on anything that happens ,eg , broken leg ,hmm must of had an angina attack , fell over, hmm heart must have stopped pumping to the brain , i think you now get the idea ,
Having suffered at the hand of insurance company's in the past, pension related etc ,
Never will i pay into any insurance policy again ,so for me as ever i stand my own health cover,
I also add if you aint got the fund's (to self cover ) and have no previous health conditions ,then by all means get yourself covered , but be prepared for the nonsense if anything happens

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » March 19, 2019, 9:39 am

Thai insurance companies are just not interested in insuring us older guys, or anyone for that matter who is a marginal risk. I applied to two companies at age 69 and was shot down because of high blood pressure and cholesterol two years earlier. I had lost 15 kilos and my BP and Cholesterol were completely normal, but it didn't matter to them. Don't expect Thai underwriters to engage their brains and actually apply critical thinking to any health care applications!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 19, 2019, 10:35 am

semperfiguy wrote:
March 19, 2019, 9:39 am
Thai insurance companies are just not interested in insuring us older guys, or anyone for that matter who is a marginal risk. I applied to two companies at age 69 and was shot down because of high blood pressure and cholesterol two years earlier. I had lost 15 kilos and my BP and Cholesterol were completely normal, but it didn't matter to them. Don't expect Thai underwriters to engage their brains and actually apply critical thinking to any health care applications!
So good to hear that you got your medical problems under control,i applaud you for good job done.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » March 19, 2019, 10:57 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
March 19, 2019, 10:35 am
semperfiguy wrote:
So good to hear that you got your medical problems under control,i applaud you for good job done.

Thanks DuiDue...your post is the best thing that's happened to me all day. You're definitely a light in a dark place!

:love: :love: :love: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 19, 2019, 12:12 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
March 19, 2019, 10:57 am
DuiDui49 wrote:
March 19, 2019, 10:35 am
semperfiguy wrote:

Thanks DuiDue...your post is the best thing that's happened to me all day. You're definitely a light in a dark place!

:love: :love: :love: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
..Was it my post or the GIRLS ;-)Those word meant ALOT for me too,i'm fighting my own demons everyday..to become a more loving and caring person,but have to admit i slip and slide alot ;-)..but atleast i'm trying.

God bless and have an awsome day sir.:-)No back to the Insurance Poll.

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Post by UdonExpat » March 25, 2019, 11:57 pm

Stantheman wrote:
March 19, 2019, 6:34 am
UdonExpat wrote:
I use FEP Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I use the Basic Plan. https://www.fepblue.org/

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » March 26, 2019, 4:39 am

UdonExpat wrote:
March 25, 2019, 11:57 pm
Stantheman wrote:
March 19, 2019, 6:34 am
UdonExpat wrote:
I use FEP Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I use the Basic Plan. https://www.fepblue.org/
Thanks, will look at next open season. Currently using GEHA as 2nd payer to Medicare(which not usable outside U.S.)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 26, 2019, 7:51 am

Started the poll 18/3..now 10 days later..only a few of you answered..okey still time left BUT i think ALOT of us living here are/choose to NOT have any Health Insurance at all.I might be wrong but my gut feeling and those expats I talked too,choose NOT to..and the reason manily beeing...TOO EXPENSIVE.

Come on now,more votes/post please...Have a great day...:-)

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 26, 2019, 7:56 am

YES! WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. Better just save your money

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » March 26, 2019, 8:03 am

agree 100% self insure and use the government hospitals, all the private ones are purely business's for max rip off.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » March 26, 2019, 8:42 am

I have a Medicare Supplement policy with Massachusetts Blue Cross Blue Shield. The foreign coverage is that if the expense is something that Medicare would cover in the U.S., my BCBS policy will cover it outside the U.S. No copay/deductible, coverage is 100% starting with dollar number one, regardless of where I am. And, amazingly, Bumrungrad is a member hospital of Massachusetts BCBS, although that doesn't change the coverage, -- just an interesting tidbit.

While each BCBS company is an entirely separate entity, I believe that similar coverage is available from insurers in many other states.

Return to “Health & Beauty”