Mosquito fogging

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
tamada
udonmap.com

Mosquito fogging

Post by tamada » July 29, 2020, 11:06 am

Happy to report that yesterday morning, the municipal fogging team descended on tam's moobahn in T-Nongbua and did a pretty throughout job, especially taking time to go inside open and unattended lots on our soi. We chained up the dogs, opened the gate and the guy was happy to fog all around inside our property. They had at least 3 foggers going that I saw but the truck had more kit inside and I would say based on what we could hear, it was a good hour's deployment.

I noted that while having this mornings post-dawn coffee on the front stoep, no need for the 'Off!' spray or the fans.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Re: Mosquito fogging

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 29, 2020, 1:34 pm

We get fogged twice a year, TW supervises the activity as a part of her roll as the Tambon Health Inspector. Oh when I say "we" I don't mean our property, it's out of bounds - just the over spray sends my hay fever out of control.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 28, 2020, 2:51 pm

Heard the buzz of what I thought was the crazy guys who regularly fly over our place and the adjacent lake in those motorized parachutes, but no, it was the fogger guy walking past out gate.
Well he noticed me sticky beaking out the front door and then commenced to give our property a right old serve from his machine.
Closed the sliding doors and let it all drift over our place.
Might have to test the mozzies tonight with a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » August 28, 2020, 6:28 pm

Enjoy the break why you can experts say it lasts about 3 days only, in Angola we fogged everyday but still managed to get malaria

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » August 28, 2020, 10:53 pm

dunroaming wrote:
August 28, 2020, 6:28 pm
Enjoy the break why you can experts say it lasts about 3 days only, in Angola we fogged everyday but still managed to get malaria
Agreed,lasts 2/3 days at most,but hey looks good....right?

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » August 28, 2020, 10:57 pm

Back in the late 60's at Phu Cat AB Vietnam the fogging machine, being pulled by a truck, came around almost nightly. Ran mostly along the roads that had the big drainage ditches. Seams they always came by while we were out watching a movie at the outdoor theater.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » August 28, 2020, 11:12 pm

TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
August 28, 2020, 10:53 pm
dunroaming wrote:
August 28, 2020, 6:28 pm
Agreed,lasts 2/3 days at most,but hey looks good....right?
Right it's let the tessaban say they are controlling it, it's Thailand must save face

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » August 28, 2020, 11:23 pm

On august 5, 2020 a guy with the smoking mosquito gun was also in our village.
but it had little to no effect.
I get bitten all the time whenever i sit outside the house.
no difference to before the smoke.
](*,)
IMG_0015.JPG

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 29, 2020, 7:06 am

So often it is nopt the lack of fogghing or even with it, that is the problem it is the apparent lack of cleaning areas or equipment where water collects .
Too often I visit a Thai friends house and his garden half full of junk basically, but in that junk are tyres ( wonderful collection spot, and other items that have little pools of water , these areas can become the breeding ground for mossies and the fogging does not get to them at all.
So if your neighbour is a bit of a hoarder and most are , then I suspect that this dilatory action in cleaning their surroundings will cause mossies to gather and breed.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 30, 2020, 6:38 pm

plus the village chief should know where every boggy sumphole mosquito breeding ground is located and not only fog them but deposit the larvacide pellets in the water.. The mosquito eradication efforts should also include people asking entry into people's land to fog and to find and educate the owner about standing water mossie breeding places..
Dave

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 30, 2020, 11:20 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
August 29, 2020, 7:06 am
So often it is nopt the lack of fogghing or even with it, that is the problem it is the apparent lack of cleaning areas or equipment where water collects .
Too often I visit a Thai friends house and his garden half full of junk basically, but in that junk are tyres ( wonderful collection spot, and other items that have little pools of water , these areas can become the breeding ground for mossies and the fogging does not get to them at all.
So if your neighbour is a bit of a hoarder and most are , then I suspect that this dilatory action in cleaning their surroundings will cause mossies to gather and breed.
Absolutely correct (it must be Sunday again). Try telling a Thai that keeping all kinds of crap is wrong (just incase I might find a use for it in 5 years time) is impossible. We have a fairly large home area but slowly and surely every kind of conceivable waste is accumulating. Things I demanded get binned 2 years ago I find squirrelled away at the back of the land. Drives me nuts.

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » September 2, 2020, 5:40 am

Hey Alex - I think we married the same girl!!!!!! :D :shock:

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 2, 2020, 7:10 am

Bonanza wrote:
September 2, 2020, 5:40 am
Hey Alex - I think we married the same girl!!!!!! :D :shock:
We probably all did! But over time and with some expat education my good lady is slowly beginning to understand. A few hidden snakes and other nasties have helped that concept along nicely. Haven't been out to the farm lately so expect what's dissapeared from here has more than likely already arrived there

Return to “Health & Beauty”