Fat bastards beware

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
tamada
udonmap.com

Fat bastards beware

Post by tamada » September 2, 2020, 11:22 am

Prostate cancer: beer bellies linked to an increase in male deaths

Men with beer bellies are a third more likely to die from prostate cancer than those with slimmer waistlines, a study by Oxford University suggests...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... le-deaths/

mech_401
udonmap.com

Re: Fat bastards beware

Post by mech_401 » September 2, 2020, 11:31 am

looks scottish to me . life imitates art as they say. wasnt that from austin pwrs? brit humour
images.jpg
images.jpg (8.76 KiB) Viewed 2127 times

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 2, 2020, 11:57 am

tamada wrote:
September 2, 2020, 11:22 am

Men with beer bellies are a third more likely to die from prostate cancer than those with slimmer waistlines, a study by Oxford University suggests...

I quite like my beer belly it half hides what's lurking below and doesn't scare people so mush

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 2, 2020, 1:02 pm

tamada wrote:

For 20 years or more I took part in the genetic research program (IMPACT) that studies Male cancers, it was run by The Royal Marsden Hospital, i used to go once a year and give blood and urine. They never once commented that I am indeed a fat ba$tard and were far more concerned with the BRCA gene and whether or not I carried it. Thankfully I don't, my mother did and had cancer several times before it eventually killed her.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 2, 2020, 1:11 pm

tamada wrote:

OMG .. farewell cruel.world
dunroaming wrote:
September 2, 2020, 11:57 am
tamada wrote:

I quite like my beer belly it half hides what's lurking below and doesn't scare people so mush
Havent seen my scunny cumberland without the use of a mirror for quite some time ..seems to be working ok tho
vincemunday wrote:
September 2, 2020, 1:02 pm
tamada wrote:

For 20 years or more I took part in the genetic research program (IMPACT) that studies Male cancers, it was run by The Royal Marsden Hospital, i used to go once a year and give blood and urine. They never once commented that I am indeed a fat ba$tard and were far more concerned with the BRCA gene and whether or not I carried it. Thankfully I don't, my mother did and had cancer several times before it eventually killed her.
Great news Vince ..was just about to jump.off the roof or go 100% teetotal ..you saved me

Us slim.lads should stick together ...remember Haggis kills

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 2, 2020, 2:10 pm

^ Haggis only kill if you upset a rutting male. Since most Englanders can't tell the male from the female of the species, it hardly ever ends well.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » September 2, 2020, 2:28 pm

tamada wrote:
September 2, 2020, 2:10 pm
Since most Englanders can't tell the male from the female of the species, it hardly ever ends well.
Yeah, I've had many choices to make in the clubs up there. A bloke in a skirt or a woman who looks like Jimmy Krankie. Decisions decisions.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 2, 2020, 3:50 pm

samster wrote:
September 2, 2020, 2:28 pm
tamada wrote:
Since most Englanders can't tell the male from the female of the species, it hardly ever ends well.
Yeah, I've had many choices to make in the clubs up there. A bloke in a skirt or a woman who looks like Jimmy Krankie. Decisions decisions.
I once visited Glazgeee n twas indeed difficukt to tell.the difference between the species .. especially at kicking oot time .
Alas its way easier in Udon .. and i rarely get caught out ending up.with a female even when 3 sheets to the wind ..

Stayvsafe out there folks its a minefield fir the sexually orientated one sausage fits all brigade ...

Fat bastards around the world UNITE

Haggis still kills

Dm

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 2, 2020, 5:26 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 2, 2020, 3:50 pm
samster wrote:
September 2, 2020, 2:28 pm
tamada wrote:
I once visited Glazgeee n twas indeed difficukt to tell.the difference between the species .. especially at kicking oot time .
Alas its way easier in Udon .. and i rarely get caught out ending up.with a female even when 3 sheets to the wind ..

Stayvsafe out there folks its a minefield fir the sexually orientated one sausage fits all brigade ...

Fat bastards around the world UNITE

Haggis still kills

Dm
DM you rarely get caught out ending up with a female? Does that mean you bat for the other side and occasionally make a mistake and end up with a female.

Never have actually tried haggis reading the Ingredients is as close as I came

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 2, 2020, 7:20 pm

Ever since my early days of bizz in pattaya i chose to bat for 2 of the 3 sides on offer .. leaving out just the male genda.

Surrouded by all those stunning lasses calling me handsome man ...let alone the even more stunning LBs

LBW .. not leg before wicket .. Lady Boy With ..

howizzzzheee

Dm

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 3, 2020, 12:00 pm

..and everyone is joking about this serious subject..way NOT to go me think..but i'm "skinny"but healthy..
There are a few things to look at in order to determine if you are at high risk for prostate cancer :

Age – Most cases of prostate cancer are found in men aged 50 and older.
Family History – Having a father or brother who has had prostate cancer.
Region – Prostate cancer is more common in North America and Europe and less common in Asia.
Diet – Men who eat a lot of fatty foods and regularly eat red meat are at increased risk.

Often untested men wouldn’t know they had prostate cancer until it was already at the late stages. There are many symptoms to look for in order to detect prostate cancer early. Some of these symptoms include:

More frequent urination, especially at night.
Pain or a burning sensation while urinating.
Feeling as if your bladder is never empty.
Having problems starting or stopping urination.
Seeing blood in the urine stream. If you see blood, it is important to seek medical attention immediately!

There are currently a number of successful treatments available for prostate cancer . Surgery, Radiation Therapy, Chemotherapy and Hormone Therapy are all good treatments depending on the stage and “grade” of the cancer. Bumrungrad International Hospital is proud to announce the availability of the most State-of-the-Art treatment for prostate cancer known as the Da Vinci Surgery procedure . The Da Vinci System (da Vinci Robot) is designed to perform minimally invasive surgeries (MIS). The treating surgeon needs to make only five small incisions near the navel and then operate the robot using 3D imagery. This type of treatment has several excellent benefits:

Effective cancer control.
Patients feel less pain, spend less time in the hospital and faster recovery.
Greater surgical precision!
Potentially Less urinary and sexual dysfunction side effects from the surgery.
Quicker surgery time and less blood loss.
Fewer complications.

With early detection, prostate cancer survival rates are high. According to the American Cancer Society, the relative 10-year survival rate is 98% and the relative 15-year survival rate is 96%. These are favorable numbers so long as prostate cancer is detected early, which is why having PSA levels checked is so important.

If it is time for your annual consultation with a urologist, you are concerned about your PSA levels or show any of the symptoms of prostate cancer, please make an appointment today at Bumrungrad’s Urology Center. The Urology Center is located on the 16th floor of the Bumrungrad Clinic Building and can be reached by calling +66 2011 2222.

By Dr. Charuspong Dissaranan, Urology Center, Bumrungrad International Hospital

...i know,you already knew this right..//Alfie

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 3, 2020, 12:07 pm

I wonder what's the odds of

Getting prostrate cancer compared to getting hit by a motorcycle

We all go eventually ☺️

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 3, 2020, 12:58 pm

dunroaming wrote:
September 3, 2020, 12:07 pm

We all go eventually ☺️
Odds right up there with getting a rowie in Isaan I reckon.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 3, 2020, 1:51 pm

dunroaming wrote:

We all go eventually ☺️
I guess you already know the answer..Had a customer/friend who had this..didn't want to go and get himself tested..he was afraid of the answe he said..he is dead now sorry to say..So get yourself tested you owe yourself and your nearest that don't you think?

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 3, 2020, 2:22 pm

Just what mistake did I do to bring on prostrate cancer. My mother always told me I would go blind, she would be black affronted if she had to read me chugging one of 3 times a day was healthy.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 3, 2020, 3:18 pm

tamada wrote:
September 3, 2020, 12:58 pm
dunroaming wrote:

We all go eventually ☺️
Odds right up there with getting a rowie in Isaan I reckon.
More chance of getting hen's teeth I reckon or real skate nobs

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 3, 2020, 5:51 pm

AlexO wrote:
September 3, 2020, 2:22 pm
Just what mistake did I do to bring on prostrate cancer.
No mistake at all. Every male will get prostate cancer if he lives long enough. The only difference between guys is when it starts, earlier for some, later for others.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 4, 2020, 6:32 am

Udon Map wrote:
September 3, 2020, 5:51 pm
AlexO wrote:
September 3, 2020, 2:22 pm
Just what mistake did I do to bring on prostrate cancer.
No mistake at all. Every male will get prostate cancer if he lives long enough. The only difference between guys is when it starts, earlier for some, later for others.

Every male Paul?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 4, 2020, 7:39 am

It's very common. Isn't there some controversy about the efficacy of PSA testing younger chaps?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 4, 2020, 8:23 am

GT93 wrote:
September 4, 2020, 7:39 am
It's very common. Isn't there some controversy about the efficacy of PSA testing younger chaps?
Good morning GT !

New Prostate Cancer Blood Test
The prostate health index (PHI) is one such test that is a more accurate blood test and measures your risk for having prostate cancer. It's approved by the FDA for men who have PSA scores between 4 and 10.

More to read here:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/ ... 20index%20(PHI,scores%20between%204%20and%2010.

Return to “Health & Beauty”