Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 17, 2023, 2:06 pm

deankham wrote:
May 17, 2023, 12:43 pm
Hi Alfie,

Hope your well. Here's a question for you about how many times a day to eat.

For past 20 years almost I've been told that I should be eating little and often.
I have tried it and never found a benefit so stick to 3 meals with one snack thrown in. Admittedly I eat too many calories and do very little exercise. Hence being a fat b'stard.

Anyone for the past 2 months I gotten into the habit of skipping lunch (or at most having with a single cereal bar) plus also having a much smaller dinner then I used to. I do have a decent sized breakfast every morning (bowl of oats with banana & strawberries plus large glass of fresh OJ).
Although my weight is only reducing slightly I do feel my belly size is reducing.

What's your thoughts on this more modern concept of fasting / skipping meals?

Thanks
Any fruit drink has as much or more sugar than soft drinks, so if you can replace that with tea or water, your body will be happier.

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 17, 2023, 2:57 pm

BOTTOM LINE

Fruit juice and sugary soda are similar in some aspects yet widely different in others.

Both are low in fiber and sources of sugar and liquid calories. When consumed in large amounts, both have been linked to an increased risk of obesity and illness, such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

However, unlike sugary soda, fruit juice contains a variety of vitamins, minerals, and beneficial plant compounds that protect you from disease.

Therefore, when consumed in small amounts, fruit juice remains the clear winner.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/fr ... ottom-line

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 17, 2023, 3:28 pm

Doodoo wrote:
May 17, 2023, 2:57 pm
BOTTOM LINE

Fruit juice and sugary soda are similar in some aspects yet widely different in others.

Both are low in fiber and sources of sugar and liquid calories. When consumed in large amounts, both have been linked to an increased risk of obesity and illness, such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

However, unlike sugary soda, fruit juice contains a variety of vitamins, minerals, and beneficial plant compounds that protect you from disease.

Therefore, when consumed in small amounts, fruit juice remains the clear winner.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/fr ... ottom-line
Like i use to say:Everything in MODERATION..and not only food and drinks..Everything in life we would feel much better done in moderation.But since i had my accident -2019 and nearly got killed i vowed myself to take charge of my DIET/Exercise and my mental health.Prayers,Meditation and thankfullness has helped me alot on my way to be healthier and more balanced mentally.

So consuming "emty calories"like cookies,pizza,fries chocolate bars like Snickers and such is 80% gone,yes i treat myself but with more healthy food/snacks.And NUMBER one thing if you want to change is get information..educate yourself..about body types..important..have a COM PLEAT bloodwork done..and HAVE A PLAN..STICK WITH THE PLAN..MAYBE HAVE SOMEONE TO SUPPORT YOU..Don't bash yourself if you feel you don't see fast changes..Think how many years it has taken you to eating/overeating,drinking and smoking..just go baby steps..let it take take time and be educated in your goals.Don't be afraid to try different diets..leran to read yoyr bodys signals and soon you learn what your body like/not like..After a month or two with reducing sugars you WILL feel different and ONLY that will make you lose weigth,i promise.

In total i eat 4-5 meals a day,small ones drink alot of water..no alkhol other then a beer now and then,no smoking..well a couple of hits on a CBD Joint before bed other then that no smoking..Godluck to every one that want to try and change bad habits to the better..I'm support with what i can if any of you have some Q:s.

Thank you for reading my rant ;-)..God bless and stay strong and healthy(er)..//Alfie :-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 17, 2023, 7:08 pm

SHRINK Prostate Size & Lower PSA Levels FAST.

We men have this problem more or less,and you and i know running to the toilett many times wwhen we want is to sleep..well maybe worth trying,i use it my self daily in my smoothies.I buy it from Lazada..Please look at this Video i you might be convinced to implement it in to your day diet.

https://youtu.be/g0wPUv_q0vQ
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/morin ... Bj&stock=1

//Alfie..:-)

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » May 18, 2023, 7:56 am

For many health reasons, I'd like to be in the normal range of BMI. IF (16/8 fasting) is one way to help achieve that. It hardly means my goal is to be skinny.

At present, and for the last 20 years it seems, if I lose the equivalent weight of an 8 pack of MINERE water, 8 x 1.5 L = 12 kg, I would be close to a normal BMI range. As it stands, its as though every time I walk one round at Nong Prajak Park, I am carrying that 12 kg 8 pack of water around my waist or on my back.

I am simply writing to discuss with the person who asked about IF, not giving much notice to other silly comments.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 18, 2023, 1:48 pm

Dinner with dessert today was this:
Homemade Meatballs and Basmati rice. Dessert was Protein Waffles.. made the batter from two eggs Pancake flour 8 different types Organic flour plus Whey Protein.. Looks like this:

//Alfie..:-)

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 19, 2023, 11:57 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 17, 2023, 7:08 pm
We men have this problem more or less,and you and i know running to the toilett many times wwhen we want is to sleep..well maybe worth trying,i use it my self daily in my smoothies.
Has moringa improved your symptoms?

Note:
men who have reduced testosterone levels or are taking medications for blood pressure or blood sugar control should speak with their healthcare provider before taking these supplements, as the plant may affect how these medications work.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/mo ... de-effects
Efficacy of moringa:

Some dietary suggestions for enlarged prostate here:

https://youtu.be/VFgfNPM2tGY
https://youtu.be/Qj7qoxE3jl8
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 19, 2023, 3:27 pm

Jello wrote:
May 19, 2023, 11:57 am
DuiDui49 wrote:
May 17, 2023, 7:08 pm
We men have this problem more or less,and you and i know running to the toilett many times wwhen we want is to sleep..well maybe worth trying,i use it my self daily in my smoothies.
Has moringa improved your symptoms?

Nice to see you back posting in my thread Jello,hope everything is okey with you.

Well my PSA was 0.68 last blood samples i gave to Military Hospital and that was about 6 month ago so i post after the next one in 1-2 month okey.Regarding wakeing up and have to pee,well first i make sure i never drink coffe later 15.00.I do cardio so i always keep on eye how diluted or not diluted my urin color is..to yellow well i hydrate more..but i have had some problems with kidney stones before..so my drinking water maybe more then normal makes me visit the toilett more often.But i never urinate more then two times per night.
So i do not think Moringa has change anything in my urin frequency.But i will tell you what made a HUGE diffrence..MOOD and sleep..much much better now..and that i really happy about.Other then those two things the calmness even my wife says i calmed down ALOT and that i can feel myself too.
But in all honesty i've implemented other things that together with Moringa can be the reason to changes.Prayers,Meditation and breathing exercises are also thins that have helped me.

But Moringa is to good of a supplement with all it's benefits to not keep on supplementing with it on a daily basis.And for all men who getting older a 1-2 month tryout maybe just maybe and together with exercise,diet and mindfull/thankfullness / meditation can help.No side effects and i've been supplementing with powder two times a day for the last 2 month and i will continue..Moringa,Golden Flaxseed,Goji Berrys,Blue berry's are my daily supplements.

And i always says/write..start with full bloodwork so you have a baseline to check against,always Jello.I never had any issues with BP but i can tell you that mine is on a daily average 105-->115/65-70.

Note:
men who have reduced testosterone levels or are taking medications for blood pressure or blood sugar control should speak with their healthcare provider before taking these supplements, as the plant may affect how these medications work.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/mo ... de-effects
Efficacy of moringa:

Some dietary suggestions for enlarged prostate here:

https://youtu.be/VFgfNPM2tGY
https://youtu.be/Qj7qoxE3jl8
Well that's all from me,ask me anything and will try to tell my honest opinion about diet/exercise and more.Take care everyone..God bless...//Alfie :-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 21, 2023, 10:49 am

A late Good morning from a HOT Udon-Thani..again.Now the Metrological authority in Thailand has said that now on Monday Thailand Welcome RAIN season, whoever lives will see ;-)

So was out for a little longer run this morning, 28 C when I left the house at 07.30.. well home after about 75 minutes Cardio temp 33.. and expected to be around 40 C later today.

Instead of Porridge as my drink number 2, it was Papaya, Watermelon, 1 frozen Banana, Canelo fruit, Frozen Blueberries, 1 tbsp Golden Flax seeds powder 1 tbsp rye, 1 tbsp Goij berries plus a scoop = 25 grams Whey Isolate Protein,1tsp Moringa Powder..ice cubs..mix in the blender...ahhh refreshing and healthy ;-)

Stay hydrated and strong friends...//Alfie :-)

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » May 21, 2023, 5:56 pm

Beginning to think it doesnt matter what you eat, drink, smoke or exercise.
when your number is up, its up. However, if old age runs in the family I tend to think that helps, if you want to live as long as Spartacus

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 22, 2023, 3:12 pm

maaka wrote:
May 21, 2023, 5:56 pm
Beginning to think it doesnt matter what you eat, drink, smoke or exercise.
when your number is up, its up. However, if old age runs in the family I tend to think that helps, if you want to live as long as Spartacus
"maaka"i feel sadden by your post at the same time i agree,when the time is...But you and i don't know WHEN so that said i think i want to enyoy my Pension age in as good and healthy condition i can..Motto:Stay Healthy die healthy..not in a Hospital hooked up to all kind of tubes not able to communicate and more..

My take is Do everything in moderation,health/diet and exercise,stay as healthy i can and hopefully die healthy by old age maaka..but what i think i might be wrong,maaka a lazy ass person who not care about himself and family talks like you..If you overweight which is one of the killers today,try to make some small changes and see if you don't like it/feel it..in a positive way.Found this foto of you and me..;-)

Take care maaka..wish you nothing but good health and long life...it's never to late to make a change..up to you and no one else....//Alfie :-)
Attachments
two men same age..jpg

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » May 23, 2023, 7:45 am

I am with Alfie the motivator!!

Now age 63, if I can take steps to enhance the quality of my remaining 20-30 years (my ancestors mostly lived into their 80's and 90's), .... to have more time with my teen children as they become adults and start their own careers and families, by golly I am very happy to make some modest effort. Am not trying to win any triathalons.

Prefer to not have my family suffer with a "couch potato dad" having the range of health issues that might come with obesity, high bIood pressure, heart attack, stroke, etc. Having said this, admit I am chronically overweight with high blood pressure and an unhealthy BMI.

Self improvement is a lifestyle choice I am happy to invest in. I simply have too much to look forward to in life.

PS how are you DM, what's the latest?

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 23, 2023, 10:15 am

rct wrote:
May 23, 2023, 7:45 am
I am with Alfie the motivator!!

Now age 63, if I can take steps to enhance the quality of my remaining 20-30 years (my ancestors mostly lived into their 80's and 90's), same here rct and i promised my wife to live until i'm 93 ;-).... to have more time with my teen children as they become adults and start their own careers and families, by golly I am very happy to make some modest effort. Am not trying to win any triathalons.

Prefer to not have my family suffer with a "couch potato dad" having the range of health issues that might come with obesity, high bIood pressure, heart attack, stroke, etc. Having said this, admit I am chronically overweight with high blood pressure and an unhealthy BMI. So have you invested in a fullbloodwork/PSA work??

Self improvement is a lifestyle choice I am happy to invest in. I simply have too much to look forward to in life.That's my whole point posting here and hopefully someone take a step or two the live a health(er)Retirement age...MODERATION IS KEY HERE.

PS how are you DM, what's the latest?

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 26, 2023, 2:02 pm

Just made the food that I will eat for dinner today, recipe here:
https://youtu.be/Wle1rLCQvuM
My picture and made with my seasoning..;-) Had some white cabbage as "extra" to the recipe. Served with Basmati Rice or Sweet Potato Mash.

Have a healthy day everyone...//Alfie :-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 28, 2023, 6:04 am

Dinner today was stewed white cabbage with mixed vegetables and 3 meatballs.. if I may say so myself.. Really good. Haven't made stewed white cabbage since I moved down here 20 years ago.. YT was my source of inspiration..
Satisfied and satisfied, now shower and relax with music... Have a good time friends..:-)..//Alfie.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 29, 2023, 11:37 am

Ezekiel bread.

Anyone knows who sells that here?

Thank you..//Alfie :-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 30, 2023, 7:17 am

It took more time than I expected..PIZZA with marinated chicken..the recipe was without chicken..so I added it..then I thought I had Yogurt at home,,but I didn't...so I had to improvise.. Creme Fraiche and diluted with water...so now it's ready for a test piece.
Original recipe here:
https://youtu.be/JuGTECvPDA8
Looks edible anyway 😉

Total cost around 250 Bath and a healthy alternative to Pizza bought ones...And -YES.it tasted really good a keeper for sure.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 1, 2023, 10:39 am

Busy morning for me...Boiled nearly 2 kilo of Beetrot and made Pickled Beetroot..Mormors recept.
Then I made a salad consisting of: Red and white cabbage, 1 apple (Granny Smith) Cherry tomatoes.. had some marinated chicken and fried mushrooms that was left over from my Potato Pizza, so it was finely chopped and mixed into the salad. Chopped Parsley, Dill and Salad Onion ..mix.
SAUCE: Yogurt one cup had a little Mills Majjo left in a tube approx. 1 tbsp. 4 tbsp Ketchup 1 tsp Cabanero Chilli sauce and 1-2 tablespoons Sweet Chilli sauce (Without sugar)..mix.
And finally some carbohydrates in the form of 250 grams of penne to mix together in the salad.
And after that "work out"in the kitchen my BP was :96-->101/61..hope i live yet another day in the hot and humid paradise named Thailand 🙂
Have a healthy and beautiful day every one.

Have a healthy day everyone..//Alfie :-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 5, 2023, 2:19 pm

Lunch today consisted of white and red cabbage with 150 grams of minced pork..half a diced carrot, 1 small red onion chopped, 2 cloves of garlic..Vinegar..stir fry..done.stir fry.
Prescription:
https://youtu.be/idylDUz7Yl0

//Alfie..wish all of you a healthy day :-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 7, 2023, 11:22 am

After Bicycle Cardio for 50 min and Rubber bands another 30-40 min it was time for food prepp.

1 big chicken breast marinated in Greek Herbs cut in half and fried.Added half a cup of coconut milk..broccoli and Bell peppers 3 colors and some left over mushrooms..let everything sit on very slow heat for another 5 min..DONE.To this i have either Mash made with Maruka Sweet Potato or Basmati Rice.

And as we know we have Covid redflag again so what to do to enhance/boost your Immune system..

*Plenty of unprocessed food..exercise..good sleep..HYDRATE HYDRATE and more water..and you all know by know..if your'e overweight best think to do is try to loose some weight..and do like Dean now QUIT SMOKING.

//Alfie wish you all a healthy day ..:-)

Return to “Health & Beauty”