Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Jello
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by Jello » May 10, 2022, 7:33 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 4, 2022, 5:36 am
50-60 grams of Oats,15-20 grams of Blueberrys,20-25 grams of Goij berrys,200ml of Light milk and 25 grams of Whey Protein Isolate..for breakfast...
I’m interested in trying some Goji berries, never tried looking for them. Where do you buy yours?

UFF DA!

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 10, 2022, 7:37 pm

I have seen them in Makro, in the section with onions and garlic.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 10, 2022, 7:46 pm

Thanks Rick 8)
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 11, 2022, 6:03 am

Jello wrote:
May 10, 2022, 7:05 pm
Jazzed-up oatmeal with cooked apple, cinnamon, raisins, blueberries, walnuts and sunflower seeds. + Avocado toast.

8)
Ahhhh,health in a bowl..excellent Jello..makes me hpaay to share info and pics with you Jello ..:-)

My morning BP reading,WITH picture ;-)I average around 115-117/70-75..like you and i guess everyone else.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 11, 2022, 6:53 am

From Fit Father Project.

"Our genetics developed thousands of years ago when humans ingested roughly 20 teaspoons of sugar PER YEAR.

Today, according to the American Heart Association, we consume 18 tsp of sugar per day…

Kalen ditched his daily Coke for a month...

This is the amount of sugar he DIDN'T consume just skipping his pop...

This means that our insulin response can’t handle it…

Your pre-diabetes and extra weight is NOT because of your family genetics… bad karma… or you.

It’s the processed foods and drinks we choose to eat.

Now, what does this sugar look like inside our bodies?

Imagine a bicycle chain for a second...

A chain needs very little grease to run smoothly (that's that 20g of sugar per year).

But if you start pouring more grease on the chain…

It'll start caking around the chain, around the wheel… it'll attract all sorts of muck to stick to it and eventually this excess grease will jam up the chain and the bicycle.

Similar happens when you eat too much sugar…

It accumulates around your muscles as fat.

And on top of that, fat is a toxin magnet…

So by eating high amounts of sugar you're jamming up your system.

Here’s the good news…

When you switch your diet you can clean up your body".

So now you know how to easy,without exercise,loose alot of weight..//Alfie..:-)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 11, 2022, 7:33 pm

toast.png

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 12, 2022, 1:03 am

Carbs aren't really stored as fat. They're stored as glycogen (the storage form of glucose).
Oxidative priority refers to the preferential sequence in which the human body burns available fuels.

Dietary fat has the lowest oxidative priority, which means that the body will use carbohydrates and protein (and alcohol) before it oxidizes—or “burns”—dietary fat.

A high-carbohydrate diet that features excessive energy will lead to fat storage not because the carbs are turned into fat. Instead, the dietary fat itself isn’t being oxidized and is thus stored as fat (8).

In other words: since carbohydrates have oxidative priority over fat, the carbohydrates in the diet will be burned before the dietary fat.

To put this simply:

Carbs get preferentially burned at the expense of dietary fat.
Thus, a higher intake of dietary carbohydrates slows the rate of fat oxidation.
In an energy surplus (excessive calorie diet), this means that not all of the dietary fat being consumed will be oxidized.
The unoxidized fat will be stored as body fat because carbohydrate oxidation displaced fat oxidation.
Carbohydrate Oxidation Displaces Fat Oxidation, But Energy Intake Is Key
As explained above, higher carbohydrate intake can result in more body fat being stored. However, the dietary fat portion of the diet is usually stored rather than the carbohydrate itself.

It is also important to note that this does not say anything negative about carbohydrates themselves.

Excessive intake of carbohydrates and/or fat will both lead to fat storage. Likewise, a reduced energy intake diet would mean both carbohydrates and fat can be fully oxidized, and hence the body will not store fat (9).

All in all, excessive energy intake rather than a particular macronutrient is the main driver of fat storage:

Excessive carbohydrate intake slows/displaces fat oxidation, leading to fat storage.
Excessive fat intake increases fat needing to be oxidized, leading to fat storage.
https://www.nutritionadvance.com/does-c ... ed-as-fat/

Gotta watch the consumption of fats too. The typical western diet is now killing us. It's sometimes labelled the leading cause of death.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 12, 2022, 5:45 am

GT93 wrote:
May 12, 2022, 1:03 am
Carbs aren't really stored as fat. They're stored as glycogen (the storage form of glucose).
Oxidative priority refers to the preferential sequence in which the human body burns available fuels.

Dietary fat has the lowest oxidative priority, which means that the body will use carbohydrates and protein (and alcohol) before it oxidizes—or “burns”—dietary fat.

A high-carbohydrate diet that features excessive energy will lead to fat storage not because the carbs are turned into fat. Instead, the dietary fat itself isn’t being oxidized and is thus stored as fat (8).

In other words: since carbohydrates have oxidative priority over fat, the carbohydrates in the diet will be burned before the dietary fat.

To put this simply:

Carbs get preferentially burned at the expense of dietary fat.
Thus, a higher intake of dietary carbohydrates slows the rate of fat oxidation.
In an energy surplus (excessive calorie diet), this means that not all of the dietary fat being consumed will be oxidized.
The unoxidized fat will be stored as body fat because carbohydrate oxidation displaced fat oxidation.
Carbohydrate Oxidation Displaces Fat Oxidation, But Energy Intake Is Key
As explained above, higher carbohydrate intake can result in more body fat being stored. However, the dietary fat portion of the diet is usually stored rather than the carbohydrate itself.

It is also important to note that this does not say anything negative about carbohydrates themselves.

Excessive intake of carbohydrates and/or fat will both lead to fat storage. Likewise, a reduced energy intake diet would mean both carbohydrates and fat can be fully oxidized, and hence the body will not store fat (9).

All in all, excessive energy intake rather than a particular macronutrient is the main driver of fat storage:

Excessive carbohydrate intake slows/displaces fat oxidation, leading to fat storage.
Excessive fat intake increases fat needing to be oxidized, leading to fat storage.
https://www.nutritionadvance.com/does-c ... ed-as-fat/

Gotta watch the consumption of fats too. The typical western diet is now killing us. It's sometimes labelled the leading cause of death.
God morning and thanks for the input .

What we all need more of is spelled E X E R C I S E to prevent fat being able to store in our body's and learn to not over eat which we tend to do..And then all the sugar and processed food start making our own healthier food.
Change one thing at a time baby stepping and you will have a ruff month or two in the beginning after that just keep pushing and soon you will not not back to your old unhealthy lifestyle.

Stay healthy and strong..//Alfie wish you all a blessed day..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 12, 2022, 5:38 pm

Today i did this:Bean Salad from this recipe:
https://eatrealamerica.com/recipes/thre ... althified/

But first i went to Villa for some beans,the rest of the ingridients i had at home already.

Forgot to take any picture of the dressing..but i did the dressing and poured it over the bean sallad.

Thanks goes to Jello for getting me in the mood to try some cholesterol lowering food.By the way,the taste test..very nice indeed.

And just for fun.Did my usuall morning BP test..i thaught someting was wrong with my new BP meter..retested and came up with 100/67 and puls was 72..Beat that Jello ;-)

//Alfie..:-)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2022, 6:06 pm

Sphygmomanometer wars.

Only on Udonmap.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 12, 2022, 6:10 pm

tamada wrote:
May 12, 2022, 6:06 pm
Sphygmomanometer wars.

Only on Udonmap.
Jepp,only on UM ;-)...Please join us,a friendly war amongst soldiers/members of UM ..:-)

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 13, 2022, 1:37 am

Are these BP meters supposed to be reasonably accurate?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 13, 2022, 5:43 am

Jello wrote:
May 10, 2022, 7:33 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
May 4, 2022, 5:36 am
50-60 grams of Oats,15-20 grams of Blueberrys,20-25 grams of Goij berrys,200ml of Light milk and 25 grams of Whey Protein Isolate..for breakfast...
I’m interested in trying some Goji berries, never tried looking for them. Where do you buy yours?
God morning my friend !

I buy them at Lazada..
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i2688 ... em_title.1

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 13, 2022, 5:45 am

GT93 wrote:
May 13, 2022, 1:37 am
-Yes,but only if you put them on the right way.And buy a Brand you can trust like mine...1250Bath,well orth the price if you ask me.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » May 13, 2022, 6:23 am

still on my " Diabetic " diet cutting out all the crap and fried food lost 22 kg since 27th Jan ... blood sugar was down to 101 this morning ....

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 13, 2022, 7:16 am

timmy wrote:
May 13, 2022, 6:23 am
still on my " Diabetic " diet cutting out all the crap and fried food lost 22 kg since 27th Jan ... blood sugar was down to 101 this morning ....
Morning Timmy !
There you go,wonder what DM think of your weight loss..BTW,haven't seen him posting anything lately hope his okay.
22 kg of deadweight gone and i bet you're feeling MUCH better in general..Keep us posted here how you manage to do what you're doing,more people need to do what we are doing..Taking care of our health and body's for a better life.

I just finished my morning cardio bikeride..and this time with 94% humidity..well let gets HYDRATED ;-)

Have a Blessed day everyone..:-)

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 13, 2022, 10:27 am

GT93 wrote:
I took mine with me to a doctor appointment and checked it against the hospital bp machine, it was accurate.
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 13, 2022, 10:33 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 12, 2022, 5:38 pm
i did this:Bean Salad from this recipe:
https://eatrealamerica.com/recipes/thre ... althified/
Looks good. I’m gonna try that honey mustard dressing today.
DuiDui49 wrote:
May 12, 2022, 5:38 pm
And just for fun.Did my usuall morning BP test..i thaught someting was wrong with my new BP meter..retested and came up with 100/67 and puls was 72..Beat that Jello ;-)
Well I guess you’re the champion……for now! 8)
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 13, 2022, 10:43 am

tamada wrote:
May 12, 2022, 6:06 pm
Sphygmomanometer wars.

Only on Udonmap.
That’s right punk. Next challenge, zimmer racing.

:lol:
UFF DA!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 13, 2022, 11:01 am

Jello wrote:
May 13, 2022, 10:27 am
GT93 wrote:
I took mine with me to a doctor appointment and checked it against the hospital bp machine, it was accurate.
I do this when I am on a field assignment. I take my wrist cuff BPM to the Medic's office and get it 'calibrated' against their mercury one. The Medic tests crew members randomly during their 5 or 6 week tour using an arm cuff BPM that he also calibrates against the mercury one in his office at the start of each tour.

No harm in taking your favorite BPM with you on your next appointment or any doctors visit and get it cross-checked.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “Health & Beauty”