Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by DuiDui49 » February 4, 2022, 7:59 pm

Does this talk to YOU in any way?

"Unfortunately, as men get older - into their 40's, 50's, 60's and beyond - most just give up on their health and fitness. When it should be the complete opposite, during the 2nd half of life your health and fitness should become top priority!

It's quite common to see hard working men spending their entire lives providing for their family, while neglecting their own health and fitness in the process.

I realize that putting your family above your own needs may seem like the noble thing to do. But in the greater scheme of things is this really a smart choice?

Neglecting your health and fitness will eventually come back to haunt you.

Just think about it...
All the years of working hard to provide for your family isn't going to mean much if you die before your time, and leave your wife without a husband, and your children without a father.

That was almost the case for Paul Miller, a 62-year-old English Teacher from Alberta, Canada. The stress of his work caused him to seek relief through "Comfort Food"... Rich, fatty, greasy, calorie-dense foods... And going to the gym for exercise was the last thing on his mind.

It got to the point where Paul no longer cared about how fat and unhealthy he had become. At the end of the day, he just wanted that temporary relief of eating junk food while sitting on the sofa in front of the TV.

As the years progressed Paul's weight climbed to over 250 pounds. The extra fat around his waistline was circling his heart like a seal in shark infested waters... He was a ticking time bomb... and it almost cost him his life!

Paul and I recently chatted about his situation and how he was able to turn his life around after a near death experience at age 62. He was kind enough to let me share his story in this video conversation.

Hopefully you will be able to relate to Paul's message and take action now to make a change before it's too late.

And if you, or someone you know, would like some help with losing weight and getting in shape - regardless of your situation or how bad it may seem in the moment. Please reach out for help!

I specialize in helping Men Over 40 to Lose The Gut, Build Muscle, and Revive Your Entire Body - without starvation diets or extreme workouts - While Strengthening Your Heart and Joints For Years To Come!

If you are ready to "Start Over" for the last time and finally claim the gains you deserve... Without Punishing Your Body... Then let's chat and plan out a strategy that's right for YOU!

We'll do a "Fitness & Nutrition Audit" of your current situation and brainstorm some ideas and action steps for how you can reach your health, fitness, muscle building & fat loss goals faster and easier than struggling to figure it out all on your own.

If I honestly feel that I can help you, then I'll let you know. And if I can't, then I won't BS you, but I will offer some suggestions to experts or resources that can help you.

Either way, at the end of our strategy session call you'll walk away with more clarity about what you need to do next in order to move in the right direction towards building the body you want.

Just visit my website at: https://www.leehayward.com/call
Or email: [email protected]

Don't suffer in silence and hope that things will some how get better on their own - because they won't.

Your life and the lives of those who depend on you is too valuable to let your health and fitness deteriorate from poor eating and lifestyle choices. Make the change, become the change, and live life to the fullest... Just like Paul did...

Well if it did you make me so much happyer,because it talks to me beeing over 60+..and i see so many of you that need a change in your life.Have a look at this Leehayward.com.Goodluck to start your lifechange,baby stepping..;-)

//Alfie..:-)

PS.80% is food and 20% ruffly is your strength and cardio workouts,DS

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » February 5, 2022, 7:33 am

i now have no choice but to try and eat as healthy as i can , having been diagnosed with diabetes last Friday and loosing my toe , i google each meal before i prepare it as i,m trying to get my blood sugar down to a manageable level , before my deepfat fryer and frying pan were the only things i used in the kitchen , now both out the window , to try to steam and microwave much more of my food , but its hard to change the habits of a life time ..

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 5, 2022, 7:53 am

timmy wrote:
February 5, 2022, 7:33 am
i now have no choice but to try and eat as healthy as i can , having been diagnosed with diabetes last Friday and loosing my toe , i google each meal before i prepare it as i,m trying to get my blood sugar down to a manageable level , before my deepfat fryer and frying pan were the only things i used in the kitchen , now both out the window , to try to steam and microwave much more of my food , but its hard to change the habits of a life time ..
Good idea mate , I started much the same last April timmy ..not had fried food since then .. my fav meal is poached salmon with a boiled egg on wholewheat toast .. i have jacket spud in place of chips ..i dont eat cheese , full fat milk and sweet desserts,..its very difficult but ive stuck to it , hardest thing to give up has been bread n beer so i didnt .. still enjoy both just in moderation .

I changed archa for water as the water gave me more of a buzz :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck ..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » February 5, 2022, 8:35 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 5, 2022, 7:53 am

I changed archa for water as the water gave me more of a buzz :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck ..

DM
I can get a buzz by standing up too quickly.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 5, 2022, 9:14 am

timmy wrote:
God morning "Timmy"!

Sad that it had to come to a amputated toe BEFORE you could try and make a change.But like they say,everything for a reason,right Timmy.I know that you had MANY knocks on the door before everything came down to what was happening with you body,right..Nevewr the less,better late then ever..So i that's ONE of many reasons i started this thread.So hopefully it can help other Forum members to have their bodyparts removed.

And Timmy i KNOW for a fact that every habit we have is very hard to change,but my advise would be..BABYSTEPPING..don't try and change the whole "thing"in one go..just little by little and i PROMISE you changes WILL come..and yu will feel much better all in all.Alot of help you can find on the Internet,alot.As you know knowledge is power and ad to that a strong mind and wiilingness to a change..When the pupil is ready the teacher will show upp..maybe you're ready now and you will reconise the "teacher"when you're ready.

Goodluck timmy and everyone else that now they need a change to a healthyer lifestye and retirement.

PS.Looking for inspiration maybe,well look no futher...Give yourself some motivation by looking at this Video..
https://youtu.be/xb6PjEs899Y

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 24, 2022, 12:20 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
February 5, 2022, 9:14 am
timmy wrote:
God morning "Timmy"!

Sad that it had to come to a amputated toe BEFORE you could try and make a change.But like they say,everything for a reason,right Timmy.I know that you had MANY knocks on the door before everything came down to what was happening with you body,right..Nevewr the less,better late then ever..So that's ONE of many reasons i started this thread.So hopefully it can help other Forum members to NOT have their bodyparts removed.

And Timmy i KNOW for a fact that every habit we have is very hard to change,but my advise would be..BABYSTEPPING..don't try and change the whole "thing"in one go..just little by little and i PROMISE you changes WILL come..and yu will feel much better all in all.Alot of help you can find on the Internet,alot.As you know knowledge is power and ad to that a strong mind and wiilingness to a change..When the pupil is ready the teacher will show upp..maybe you're ready now and you will reconise the "teacher"when you're ready.

Goodluck timmy and everyone else that now they need a change to a healthyer lifestye and retirement.

PS.Looking for inspiration maybe,well look no futher...Give yourself some motivation by looking at this Video..
https://youtu.be/xb6PjEs899Y

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 27, 2022, 2:41 pm

More and more people are ,whithout knowing,in a state of beeing PRE DIABETIC..A simple bloodtest can show you if you are or not.Why are more and more young and old beeing pre diabetic you might ask..no exercise.prosessed food/fast food,smoking,drinking..are a few.

"Diabetes is a global epidemic affecting an estimated 382 million people worldwide. The WHO projects that diabetes will be the 7th leading cause of death by 2030. An estimated 4 million people die annually from diabetes complications. non-communicable diseases."

"What is being tested?
Some of the glucose in your blood binds to haemoglobin (the protein that carries oxygen in your red blood cells). This combination of glucose and haemoglobin is called haemoglobin A1c (HbA1c). The amount of HbA1c formed is directly related to the average concentration of glucose in your bloodstream. Red blood cells live for 2–3 months, and because of this, the amount of HbA1c in your blood reflects the average level of glucose in your blood during the last 2-3 months. If your diabetes is not well controlled, your blood glucose levels will be high causing higher HbA1c levels".

https://labtestsonline.org.uk/tests/hba1c-test

Do this test so you better can take nesserarly steps to not,like "timmy"let it go unknown and to far.I think a paid 100+Bath at Military Hospital,well worth the money if you ask me.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 27, 2022, 3:06 pm

Ooops forgot to post my lunch ;-)

Fryed Seabass fillét with Brown Basmati Rice..Sause is Bechamel sauce with Organic fresh spinach and baby/early Broccoli freshly grinded Blackpepper,looks like this:

//Alfie..stay healthy and have a great day..:-)

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » February 27, 2022, 4:39 pm

Good day. Thanks for the info. I went 2 weeks ago for my semi-annual blood test. Room empty in and out in 20 minutes. For the HbA1c test the fee is 150 B. The head nurse asked me why i did not include the chest X-Ray and the urine test, i told her that they had been done 6 months earlier. Blood test twice a year chest X-ray and urine test annually ) She also proposed to test for tumor markers, this time i had applied for the PSA test, 300 B.
For a little over a 1000 B you learn crucial infos about your health. Don t delay go asap.
Stay safe.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 27, 2022, 7:38 pm

Hi Alfie
As an observatio only..
I read n see the food you eat posted on um .. im.of the mind its not that healthy but you remain slim n trim as you have a strict exercise regime including biking many kms .. some may wish to loose weight without the exersion of any kind of exercise ..

Im.now down to 97 kgs from.116 last April..my target us between 90 - 95 but the last few kgs is proving very difficult..this without any real added exercise just change if diet n cuutting out the nasty stuff .. that tastes the best 5555..like fried foods etc.. you seem.to fry a lot of foids ???

Allowed myself a foo bees n a marvelous sunday roast at PFs taday plus a slab of apircot cheesecake ..my first real desert in 10 months ..oh my lord it was fantastic...as was the comany n banter . Great afternoon

Dm
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on February 27, 2022, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 27, 2022, 8:51 pm

So what you're saying is the push bike was a waste of money.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 27, 2022, 9:01 pm

tamada wrote:
February 27, 2022, 8:51 pm
No not at all iTam it doubles up as a marvelous clothes dryer when im.not out biking a foo kms ... in fact i nearly rode it tiday but worried about the possibility of rain in the hiso wesr caucases of udon

Also a great incestment for my grand kids as it will still as new condition with low miles.n swet smelling saddle

Dm

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 27, 2022, 9:57 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 27, 2022, 7:38 pm
Hi Alfie
As an observatio only..
I read n see the food you eat posted on um .. im.of the mind its not that healthy but you remain slim n trim as you have a strict exercise regime including biking many kms .. some may wish to loose weight without the exersion of any kind of exercise ..

Im.now down to 97 kgs from.116 last April..my target us between 90 - 95 but the last few kgs is proving very difficult..this without any real added exercise just change if diet n cuutting out the nasty stuff .. that tastes the best 5555..like fried foods etc.. you seem.to fry a lot of foids ???

Allowed myself a foo bees n a marvelous sunday roast at PFs taday plus a slab of apircot cheesecake ..my first real desert in 10 months ..oh my lord it was fantastic...as was the comany n banter . Great afternoon

Dm
Thank you DM for your input/post...And a BIG Well-done DM om your quest to become healthyer person.

Jepp i eat ALOT,4-5 times a day..not big meals but all in all i consume around 2000-2200Cal/day,i don't either loose or gain weight BUT since i switched up my food to less carbs more fat and protein..in the last year i lost around 5cm around my waist..mostly some fluffy stomach fat BUT kept the same weight..i even shorten my dicyclerides to more in the range of 40 min rides instead of 1.5-2 hours.I also testing to do my bicylerides with more autpot,more like a HIIT exercise.I have just outside my moo ban a 1km 10% upclimb wich i do on hardest gear as hard as i can..let me just tell you that those 40 min stresses my body 100%.Then home i try 3-4 /week do ad 40 min of supersetting one or two muclegroups..Beeing 64 next month with a BP of 115/75 i'm a happy older guy :-)
I can ad to that i try to switch things up depending of how much i eat and what i eat depending on diffrent factors like sleep,if i do a light workout or maybe alittlebit easyer on.
I don't eat ANYTHING before my bikeride/strengt pass...only 1 liter of water before execise,that wat i try to use up as much mucle stored glycogen...The after my traning i eat 4-5 meals/one proteidrink the rest of the day.
March 1 i go to get my testresultfrom the bloodwork I CHOSE/told the Doc.to have made.Depending on the resulst i might opt for a few more.I also want to do the whar refer as the Artery plack test (CT-scan i written about in an earlyer post..If i have any "enemys" in my body i want to know who they are and what i can do defeat them..instead of sticking my head in the sand and hope for the best..I rather spend some money on test and health then getting fat and drink beer eating shittyfood=prosessed food.
I don't like spending my retirement funds on Hospital bills who maybe could have been avoided by doing theese health checkups.I'm like an old car,to run good give it the care an attantion it needs and hopefully you only need small and cheap "repairs".

So my rant is over for this time,i hope i can by doing/posting these things regarding checkups/foodintake and exercise will trigger more people to follow me in my Quest to be fit and healthy..

//Alfie..:-)sorry not spellchecked..;-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 27, 2022, 10:00 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 27, 2022, 9:01 pm
tamada wrote:
February 27, 2022, 8:51 pm
No not at all iTam it doubles up as a marvelous clothes dryer when im.not out biking a foo kms ... in fact i nearly rode it tiday but worried about the possibility of rain in the hiso wesr caucases of udon

Also a great incestment for my grand kids as it will still as new condition with low miles.n swet smelling saddle

Dm
DM..if you don't use it.i buy it..PM me if so..Thank you...//Alfie

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 28, 2022, 7:20 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
February 27, 2022, 9:57 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Hi Alfie
As an observatio only..

Dm
Thank you DM for your input/post...And a BIG Well-done DM om your quest to become healthyer person.

Jepp i eat ALOT,4-5 times a day..not big meals but all in all i consume around 2000-2200Cal/day,i don't either loose or gain weight BUT since i switched up my food to less carbs more fat and protein..in the last year i lost around 5cm around my waist..mostly some fluffy stomach fat BUT kept the same weight..i even shorten my dicyclerides to more in the range of 40 min rides instead of 1.5-2 hours.I also testing to do my bicylerides with more autpot,more like a HIIT exercise.I have just outside my moo ban a 1km 10% upclimb wich i do on hardest gear as hard as i can..let me just tell you that those 40 min stresses my body 100%.Then home i try 3-4 /week do ad 40 min of supersetting one or two muclegroups..Beeing 64 next month with a BP of 115/75 i'm a happy older guy :-)
I can ad to that i try to switch things up depending of how much i eat and what i eat depending on diffrent factors like sleep,if i do a light workout or maybe alittlebit easyer on.
I don't eat ANYTHING before my bikeride/strengt pass...only 1 liter of water before execise,that wat i try to use up as much mucle stored glycogen...The after my traning i eat 4-5 meals/one proteidrink the rest of the day.
March 1 i go to get my testresultfrom the bloodwork I CHOSE/told the Doc.to have made.Depending on the resulst i might opt for a few more.I also want to do the whar refer as the Artery plack test (CT-scan i written about in an earlyer post..If i have any "enemys" in my body i want to know who they are and what i can do defeat them..instead of sticking my head in the sand and hope for the best..I rather spend some money on test and health then getting fat and drink beer eating shittyfood=prosessed food.
I don't like spending my retirement funds on Hospital bills who maybe could have been avoided by doing theese health checkups.I'm like an old car,to run good give it the care an attantion it needs and hopefully you only need small and cheap "repairs".

So my rant is over for this time,i hope i can by doing/posting these things regarding checkups/foodintake and exercise will trigger more people to follow me in my Quest to be fit and healthy..

Thanks for the info Alfie .. i suppose i do get a bit of exercise moving cases n kegs of booze and also at mo doing a bit at the current building event.
Sorry bike not for sale ..Tam is just having a wee jock joke (i think) .. i took the stablelizers off and been out on it a few times also we will be moving to a new location in a short while which is very safe and bike friendly ..unlike the Udon ring road which most certainly isnt.

Still hoping to hit 95 kgs by April 17th

Chz DM

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 28, 2022, 11:27 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 28, 2022, 7:20 am
DuiDui49 wrote:
February 27, 2022, 9:57 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Hi Alfie
As an observatio only..

Dm

Thanks for the info Alfie .. i suppose i do get a bit of exercise moving cases n kegs of booze and also at mo doing a bit at the current building event.
Sorry bike not for sale ..Tam is just having a wee jock joke (i think) .. i took the stablelizers off and been out on it a few times also we will be moving to a new location in a short while which is very safe and bike friendly ..unlike the Udon ring road which most certainly isnt.

Still hoping to hit 95 kgs by April 17th

Chz DM
Morning DM !

"i took the stablelizers off"Well you know that the came for a reason..less of a chance for you DUI and fall after your Chang refuling ;-)you mention earlyer in one of your posts.

Just took time after my execise run this morning to acually take som photos of my 10.00 clock Breafast.
It consist of THIS:
PB bought on Lazada:

I downed the above sandwich with 40 gram of Whey Protein mixed with 300ml of water.

Stay healthy and happy guys...//Alfie out..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 2, 2022, 10:35 am

Goodmorning !

Exercise done,cardio 40 min + another 30 min with the exercise bands.That said i'm going to post what kind of bloodwork i do every year.If you have any Q:s i'm happy to answer.Here we go...Everything was done at the Military Hospital..2 of the tests had to be done i belive in BKK..that was the Male Hormone Test.The total cost was 2770Bath + 50 for the Doc ;-)cheap as chips if you ask me and the service exellent.

I would say it's a pretty comprehensive bloodwork i done..i gave a written note of what i wanted tested,and it was excepted by the Doc.Back today in the aftenoon to talk with an Urologist regarding my VERY low Free Testosteron levels,what i personally refer as the feel-good part of the Male Hormone..

Stay healthy..//Alfie..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 13, 2022, 12:55 pm

Silence speaks more then words..i guess.

Todays Lunch:

4 egg Omelette but only 2 yolks.
50 gr of Salmon.
Shredded cheese.
Guacomole..Freshly grinded Black pepper..jummy.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 14, 2022, 9:54 am

Testosterone replacement in aging men: evidence-based patient-centric study

"Testosterone replacement in aging men: evidence-based patient-centric study Daniel Bossa
The deluge of advertisements marketing erectile dysfunction medications and testosterone products has empowered many older men to seek medical help for their sexual and genitourinary problems. As a reflection of this historical transition toward increased attention on men’s sexual health, men’s health clinics have sprung up across the United States; concomitantly, testosterone prescription sales increased from about $100 million US dollars in the year 2000 to nearly $2.7 billion in 2013.

Today, a majority of testosterone prescriptions are written for men aged 40–64 years (1) even though testosterone is not approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for age-related decline in testosterone. Citing the lack of data on long-term benefits and risks of testosterone treatment in older men with age-related decline, the FDA has sounded alarm over the growing off-label use of testosterone. Experts have debated whether prescribing testosterone to older men with testosterone deficiency is disease mongering or whether subsets of older men with testosterone deficiency might benefit from testosterone treatment. Fortunately, several recent randomized controlled trials (RCTs) have provided important information on the efficacy and short-term safety of testosterone treatment in older men. This Viewpoint synthesizes data from epidemiologic studies and RCTs and offers a perspective on a patient-centric approach to treatment decision in older men with testosterone deficiency based on an individualized assessment of benefits and risks.

https://youtu.be/_baBD_tiias

Skip the first 5 minute..

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 14, 2022, 12:11 pm

Grass fed Aussie ground in the upright freezers at Lotus's del Norte.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “Health & Beauty”