Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
colt1911
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by colt1911 » June 8, 2021, 9:02 am

555 DM the smells. I did some research on AFs. The top manufactures are Ninja and Philips. The Ninja edged out the Philips in the ratings but was 24K compared to the Philips that was 9,989K for the same capacity and features, on Lazada. Loads of recipes on YouTube.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 8, 2021, 9:17 am

Agro-Mafia..60 min reseach the world of Olive oil and more...I can just image what's going on here in Thailand..

https://vimeo.com/168258014

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » June 8, 2021, 9:54 am

stattointhailand wrote:
June 7, 2021, 9:26 pm
Been considering getting an airfryer recently but have been put off by the amount of "ante" videos that have been produced.
Not too sure what to believe but it appears they are just overpriced convector ovens.
One vid (from Singapore) cooked food in an air fryer and deep fried identical amounts and then took them to a lab to be tested, suffice to say the chicken had about 20 % less fat in the air fryer but lost its deep fried texture, the fish has virtually no difference in fat content whichever way you cooked it, and although the chips had about 50% less fat, they contained a ridiculous amount of some known cancer producing chemical which registered 10ppm in deep fried and 4000ppm in the air fryer
I assume you are talking about the cancer causing chemical acrylamide, classified as group 2A carcinogen. Any method of cooking that produces the charred look has this chemical. The trick with an AF is not to char the food. Can you imagine the acrylamide produced by a charcoal grill used in many Thai households? Yikes!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 12, 2021, 1:15 pm

Good day to all Forum members out there reading/following my foodthread.

Today it was time for some food i was brought up with,real hardy filling food i did and ate as i was working as a Lumberjack..Potaoes Panncake with bacon and Homemade Cranberry sause...Instead of backon you can try cheese and salami or simmilar..

Have a good day..//Alfie..:-)

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » June 12, 2021, 3:38 pm

Looks very tasty, at first look i thought it was some individual of cheese dishes such as lasagna. Our Lumberjack days are behind us, bacon, cheese, potatoes, sauce quite fitting for a working lumberjack but a tad too much for retirees. Is this for a week ? Bacon, cheese, potatoes, and most sauces cannot be considered being very healthy unless you limit the portion sizes.
Great post. Thanks.
Stay safe.
Stay healthy.
Have a nice weekend.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 12, 2021, 4:29 pm

the-monk wrote:
June 12, 2021, 3:38 pm
Looks very tasty, at first look i thought it was some individual of cheese dishes such as lasagna. Our Lumberjack days are behind us, bacon, cheese, potatoes, sauce quite fitting for a working lumberjack but a tad too much for retirees. Is this for a week ? Bacon, cheese, potatoes, and most sauces cannot be considered being very healthy unless you limit the portion sizes.
Great post. Thanks.
Stay safe.
Stay healthy.
Have a nice weekend.
Jepp T-M,Lungerjack days was a loooong time ago,but i stay fit so some of above food is okey.Cranberry "sause"is homemade..Cranberrys and Coconut sugar (it has a better Glycemic Index then refined white sugar),that's it.Jepp,it's for a week,but usually less ;-)I forgot to say in that i added some cheese to the bacon..think of it like pizza toppings,just try whatever you like..Funny you mention Lasanga,that's for tomorrow..hehe.And like everything else in life...moderation is the key..;-)

Take care my friend and have a nice weekend too...:-)...//Alfie

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 12, 2021, 8:00 pm

And to round thing off,one of my favv's...Vanilla whey protein panncakes with Peanutbutter...ahhhhhhh.

It's a goodnight for me soon..Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...//Alfie...:-)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 12, 2021, 9:34 pm

Vanilla whey protien is one of my favs ..never thought to make pancakes .. will give it a try .

Thanks Alfie
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 13, 2021, 4:11 pm

Today a perfect day to do a Lasanga whith bacon

Same i use to do in Nok's Restaurant..did my Potatoe Bred too..dinner now.

DM,you can try to do like me if you want those panncake to be more healthy..Rye and white flour,ration is 1:3..need the gluten so that ratio is okey.1 messuring cup that usually follows whith the whey tub..2-3 eggs,salt 5 dl full milk..30 gram of melted unsalted butter...MIX.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » June 13, 2021, 7:39 pm

Good evening.
Dinner tonight: Salmon, veggies, edamame, buns. A bit more healthy than BACON.
Your bread looks scrumptious.
Stay safe and healthy.
[attachment=1]sal-2.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]sal-1.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
sal-1.jpg
sal-2.jpg

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » June 13, 2021, 7:45 pm

I forgot to show the other side.
[attachment=0]sal-3.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
sal-3.jpg

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 14, 2021, 8:58 am

..like i said before..everything in moderation,but i agree,Salmon healthier then BACON ;-)Thanks for the commets any pics,now i don't feel like i'm only talking to myself..The bread is good,and homemade always taste better right T-M..

Today i'm eating Seabass,Sallad and i might add some leftover spaghetti,need some carbs to..Already had my morning coffee and the last pice of Whey protein panncake,this time with some Almond butter..jummi.Going for a quick bicycleride right now.

Stay healthy and humble...//Alfie

PS.Waiting for DM to show some nice?? pics of his Panncakes.DS

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 14, 2021, 10:59 am

No pics im afraid Alfie .. and i confess i didnt make the whey pancakes Dao did using Nestle Boost vanilla whey, eggs and a splash of milk .. i think no flour at all ...was like a hybrid pancake omelette and i ate them with sliced banana , very nice and will make again ... rather she will i hope :lol:

I love food ...alas also a microwave technician , in fact i am to cooking what Scotland are to world football .. terrible

DM

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » June 14, 2021, 2:58 pm

Banana oatmeal pancakes made right in the blender! These fluffy healthy pancakes are naturally gluten free, dairy free and contain no flour or added sugar. Get ready for a simple yet delicious breakfast!
Ingredients
2 medium ripe bananas (best when they have lots of brown spots)
2 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if desired
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
Olive oil, for cooking
Instructions
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend on high until completely smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Let the batter sit in your blender while you heat your pan up.
Lightly coat a griddle with coconut oil, vegan butter or olive oil and place over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add 1/3 cup of the batter to the griddle for each pancake and cook for 2-4 minutes until pancakes slightly puff up and you see a few bubbles along the edges.
Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside. If you find that pancakes are browning too quickly then you need to lower the heat. I normally start on medium heat, then decrease to medium low later so that my pancakes don't burn. If at any point your griddle starts smoking, it means your pan is too hot.
Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more oil and remaining batter. Makes 9 pancakes total. Serves 3, 3 pancakes each.
Nutrition
Servings: 3 servings
Serving size: 3 pancakes
Calories: 311kcal
Fat: 6.9g
Saturated fat: 1.3g
Carbohydrates: 51.5g
Fiber: 7.4g
Sugar: 10.8g
Protein: 12.2g
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 14, 2021, 4:06 pm

thewatchman wrote:
June 14, 2021, 2:58 pm
Banana oatmeal pancakes made right in the blender! These fluffy healthy pancakes are naturally gluten free, dairy free and contain no flour or added sugar. Get ready for a simple yet delicious breakfast!
Ingredients
2 medium ripe bananas (best when they have lots of brown spots)
2 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if desired
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
Olive oil, for cooking
Instructions
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend on high until completely smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Let the batter sit in your blender while you heat your pan up.
Lightly coat a griddle with coconut oil, vegan butter or olive oil and place over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add 1/3 cup of the batter to the griddle for each pancake and cook for 2-4 minutes until pancakes slightly puff up and you see a few bubbles along the edges.
Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside. If you find that pancakes are browning too quickly then you need to lower the heat. I normally start on medium heat, then decrease to medium low later so that my pancakes don't burn. If at any point your griddle starts smoking, it means your pan is too hot.
Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more oil and remaining batter. Makes 9 pancakes total. Serves 3, 3 pancakes each.
Nutrition
Servings: 3 servings
Serving size: 3 pancakes
Calories: 311kcal
Fat: 6.9g
Saturated fat: 1.3g
Carbohydrates: 51.5g
Fiber: 7.4g
Sugar: 10.8g
Protein: 12.2g
Thanks for contributing to the thread..BTW,like your Avatar seems like you're working hard,well the lady too i guess is fair to say ;-)Have alot of Panncake recepies on Google..

My next move is to make Pancakes using this premade mix:Bob's red mill Organic 7 Grain Pancake&Waffle mix.I'm already a fan of Steelcut Organic Oats from Bob's Red mill company/products.Also to order is their Bob's red mill 13 Bean Soup Mix.Want to make a big batch of Chickensoup..ad to that is Sellery,Potatoes,Carrots and more..Lazada has it all to order,just check prices first.

//Alfie

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 14, 2021, 4:34 pm

Today lunch:Seabass,1 of the bigger "tubs"of readymade Sallads at Big-C.Also bought prawns at Big-C,fryed everything in Oliveoil mixed everything in with the sallad,added some Mills mayonnaise and Spicy Green Chilli Seafood Sauce (Big-C).Cookingtime,10 min altogether..tasy too..Hepp forgot,i mixed in aprox.50gram of spaghetti.
Pics as follows..

Im mak maak..DM,i love food to..as you can tell,but i'm not like you a Microwave chef ;-)Tell Dao to lookup some nice easy to follow recepies on Google..And you showed your tummy,well here's mine today..whitout Tattoos ;-)
BTW,can you belive i weighed 30 kilos more 30 years ago..
So if i can trimdown,anyone can if you put your mind to it..
Image...at 63 and i'm the proud owner..;-)

Stay healthy and hopefully out of expensive hospitalbills/medicalbills..//Alfie..:-)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 14, 2021, 4:59 pm

I buy the pre made salad bowls from Tops (no i dont make them either Statto) ..they are excellent today was chicken Ceasar , nice portion of fresh mixed green salad , cucumber , baby toms , shredded carrot , bell peppers a very nice salad dressing oh and 4 slices of chicken breast...cost 69 bt plus delivery via grab..i very enjoy

sorry no pic of my chiseled 8 pack ..

DM

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 14, 2021, 5:33 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 14, 2021, 4:59 pm
I buy the pre made salad bowls from Tops (no i dont make them either Statto) ..they are excellent today was chicken Ceasar , nice portion of fresh mixed green salad , cucumber , baby toms , shredded carrot , bell peppers a very nice salad dressing oh and 4 slices of chicken breast...cost 69 bt plus delivery via grab..i very enjoy

sorry no pic of my chiseled 8 pack ..-No worrys mate ;-)..as the Aussies would say.This is for Dao and you to try.
How to Make Protein Pancakes + 4 Easy Protein Pancake Recipes
https://www.asweetpeachef.com/protein-pancakes/

DM

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » June 15, 2021, 8:56 am

This morning Makro Rotis filled with Makro frozen small fruits.
[attachment=2]roti-1.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]roti-2.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]roti-3.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
roti-3.jpg
roti-2.jpg
roti-1.jpg

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » June 15, 2021, 7:41 pm

A steamed meal... No the mango is not steamed..
[attachment=2]st-2.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]st-1.jpg[/attachment
[attachment=0]st-3.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
st-3.jpg
st-1.jpg
st-2.jpg

Return to “Health & Beauty”