Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by Niggly » August 12, 2021, 2:47 pm

I find if not wanting to do anything creative that a sprinkle of sea salt & cracked black pepper brings out the flavour of local avocados.

Had a coffee & avocado frappe in a coffee shop yesterday but it only tasted like a coffee frappe

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » August 13, 2021, 9:48 pm

Spanish white beans with tomatoes and paprika, oven roasted asparagus.
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 18, 2021, 3:35 pm

I've been eating Oats since i started working as a lumberjack many many moons ago.Why you might ask,here i give you same facts..btw,i'm still loving an oatmeal as much now as many many moons ago ;-)

Oats Are Incredibly Nutritious and cheap..i wolud go as far as argue is a SUPERFOOD..follow the link and learn more.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/9- ... ITLE_HDR_3

//Alfie..:-)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 18, 2021, 3:49 pm

Rather an apt Monty Python video Alfie .. buttered scones for tea !!! cross dressing !!! .. watch to the end :lol: :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FshU58nI0Ts

Not had oats for a while .. and ive got a pack of Mcgarretts instant in my pantry .. tomorrows brekkie sorted.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 18, 2021, 4:35 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 18, 2021, 3:49 pm
Rather an apt Monty Python video Alfie .. buttered scones for tea !!! cross dressing !!! .. watch to the end :lol: :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FshU58nI0Ts

Not had oats for a while .. and ive got a pack of Mcgarretts instant in my pantry .. tomorrows brekkie sorted.

DM
Love the BBQ..and Monty Phyton..thanks for the laugh DM..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 25, 2021, 7:40 pm

Chilli Corn Carne whith a Thai twist.

I just did a CCC with Coconut milk and diffrent Thaiherbs..came out with my own rating at 80%,it's okey,better then zero right ;-)

Here's some pics from prepping to a small testbowl..Any questions are welcome..

Red Mill's Soup Mix:

Image..Upper left is Sweet Potatoes.

Mix of Thaiherbs..Red chillis missing.

Ready to serve.

Test bowl.

All in all made about 14 meals,small and bigger ones.

Stay Piferz:ed,healthy and strong guys;-)....//Alfie :-)
Last edited by DuiDui49 on August 26, 2021, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 25, 2021, 8:35 pm

I miss a real good super spicy Texas style ring burning CCC served with potato wedges skin on .

Im still sticking to my new healthy diet , now since April eating less and very differently to before... allow myself a once per week treat.

Eating lots of fish , chic breast , salads , fruit , veg , eggs whilst totally cut out all fried and processed foods , cakes desserts , cheese and soft fizzy drinks....

Brekkie today ... Tesco poached salmon steak only 63bt , 2 boiled eggs 2 dark rye toast , 1 yoghurt and 2 x 23/1 Wee coffees.. keeps me ok till fruit at 12 noon and another meal at cira 4pm daily , i do not eat at all after 5pm

April i was circa 116 kgs last weigh in 2 weeks ago 105 kgs but now i had my Pfizer jab i wanna get down to 99.99 kgs so im no longer classed as obese..its a nasty word.!!!!!!!

Dm

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 26, 2021, 10:04 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 25, 2021, 8:35 pm
I miss a real good super spicy Texas style ring burning CCC served with potato wedges skin on .

Im still sticking to my new healthy diet , now since April eating less and very differently to before... allow myself a once per week treat.

Eating lots of fish , chic breast , salads , fruit , veg , eggs whilst totally cut out all fried and processed foods , cakes desserts , cheese and soft fizzy drinks....

Brekkie today ... Tesco poached salmon steak only 63bt , 2 boiled eggs 2 dark rye toast , 1 yoghurt and 2 x 23/1 Wee coffees.. keeps me ok till fruit at 12 noon and another meal at cira 4pm daily , i do not eat at all after 5pm

April i was circa 116 kgs last weigh in 2 weeks ago 105 kgs but now i had my Pfizer jab i wanna get down to 99.99 kgs so im no longer classed as obese..its a nasty word.!!!!!!!

Dm
God morning DM !

You're doing the right thing,and as you can see by looking at the mirror/scale..excellent effort by you my friend,way to go.And looking at the Pifzer crowd,many of the Farangs should follow suit.And -YES,obese IS a nasty,not only word,but also nasty for the person who is just that..in a medical sense..OBESE.

So way to go DM,keep on doing what you're doing,cause it works.

Stay healthy and strong..//Alfie..:-)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 26, 2021, 10:17 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
August 26, 2021, 10:04 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm
God morning DM !

You're doing the right thing,and as you can see by looking at the mirror/scale..excellent effort by you my friend,way to go.And looking at the Pifzer crowd,many of the Farangs should follow suit.And -YES,obese IS a nasty,not only word,but also nasty for the person who is just that..in a medical sense..OBESE.

You are correct Alfie .. i do feel better for the change of diet which in truth was nly started due to my gall bladder removal surgery in May , i made a real effort to get ready a month before i went in hospital and just decided to carry on with the diet as it was working slowly.... biggest and most enjoyable chane is its must easier to wipe my arse going in round the side instead of between the legs .. :shock: :? :lol:

I have to admit stopping on the exercise bike as i found it really boring .. just walking the dogs now and really need to do sit ups and looking for one of those curly bar things to make that easy , I THINK THEY ARE QUITE CHEAP TO BUY .. anyone seen one for sale?? ..

** NOT INCLUDING THE TART

dm

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 26, 2021, 10:58 am

Thanks Alfie .. a mate just ordered the 771 bt version for me ... the 2k one a bit OTT in case i get bored and use it to dry my socks and Y fronts on out in West rose garden.

I did have an AB Roller in the UK .. they do work , i recall doing 100 sit ups am 100 pm and 100 evening every day

Yes this is on the correct thread NOT THE JOKE THREAD.

DM

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 26, 2021, 11:29 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 26, 2021, 10:17 am
DuiDui49 wrote:
August 26, 2021, 10:04 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm
God morning DM !

You are correct Alfie .. i do feel better for the change of diet which in truth was nly started due to my gall bladder removal surgery in May , i made a real effort to get ready a month before i went in hospital and just decided to carry on with the diet as it was working slowly.... biggest and most enjoyable chane is its must easier to wipe my arse going in round the side instead of between the legs .. :shock: :? :lol: In other words..BUMGUN is not used to much anymore..or..;-)

I have to admit stopping on the exercise bike as i found it really boring .. just walking the dogs now and really need to do sit ups and looking for one of those curly bar things to make that easy , I THINK THEY ARE QUITE CHEAP TO BUY .. anyone seen one for sale?? ..

** NOT INCLUDING THE TART

dm

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 26, 2021, 1:03 pm

So today was my "Treat Day"..Two Big Vanilla Protein Panncakes,half a Kiwi and a whole Banana..topped with Honey and Vanilla Icecream..sinamon and nutmeg for that extra touch..jummy jummy.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » August 26, 2021, 5:52 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
August 26, 2021, 1:03 pm
So today was my "Treat Day"..Two Big Vanilla Protein Panncakes,half a Kiwi and a whole Banana..topped with Honey and Vanilla Icecream..sinamon and nutmeg for that extra touch..jummy jummy.
Your stew looks great and that pancake looks like it would make an excellent dessert! =P~

I’m curious why you’re adding the protein powder? The eggs for the pancakes and ice cream should give you about 20 grams of protein.
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 26, 2021, 7:17 pm

Jello wrote:
August 26, 2021, 5:52 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
August 26, 2021, 1:03 pm
Your stew looks great and that pancake looks like it would make an excellent dessert! =P~

I’m curious why you’re adding the protein powder? The eggs for the pancakes and ice cream should give you about 20 grams of protein.
Correct my friend,2 eggs..large ones = 29-->25gram of Protein.
Why i add more,want more Protein (have started some weight exercise since a week ago)so i up the Protein to give some more "buildingblocks"to my food and i like the Vanilla taste .But most importan is the fact that i stay full longer with higher proteinintake.At the same time i lower my Carb intake a bit..and fats..well i thankfully still have a very fast metabolism,so not to concerned..But i try to swith tings up depending how my body feel/respond to,and second is that i always want to "tweak"my foodintake ans see how i feel.And it's fun.. too..well atleast for me.
And if you only knew what food does/does NOT to how you feel,well i say..try it,you might like it.

2 big Thin panncakes makes around 320 cal..Carbs 45 grams..Fat 8 grams Protein around 14 grams.I whole Banana Cal: 83 •Carbs: 18 g •Fat: 0 g •Protein: 2 g
Half a Big Kiwi fruit:Cal: 42 •Carbs: 10 g •Fat: 0 g •Protein: 1 g
Two tablespoons (50 gram)of Vanilla Icecream:Cal: 105 •Carbs: 10g •Fat: 6 g •Protein:2.5 g
And the Vanilla Whey Isolate 1 scoop:Cal: 130 •Carbs: 1 g •Fat: 0 g •Protein: 30 g

There you have it..So to answer your Q..same days i try to add more Protein,some days less.And i want to try and add around 2 kg of muscle weigth this year..and at 63 i think i will find that very very hard..but i will try ;-)

Stay strong and healthy guys..//Alfie..:-)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 27, 2021, 7:31 am

Morning alfie ..

Hope this is on the correct thread !!

I had jacket spud n baked beans for my second and last meal.of the yesterday .. not sure how healthy that is but i wont do again as the baked beans have an adverse effect ..gale force wind coming from.the South ..n even mi dogs wont sit with me .

Any nutritional info on tinned baked beans other than then really make me extremely flatulent and smelly which i know already.

DM

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » August 27, 2021, 7:23 pm

Tonight’s supper, sweet potato and lentil curry.
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 7, 2021, 1:58 pm

Lunch Fryed chicken in Coconut Milk..Chilli and other spices..jummy.Basmati Rice and to top iy of,some fryed Veggies..

"
Image result
“Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.”"
..//Alfie..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 7, 2021, 6:32 pm

Dinner today is A Plate Of Colors..Two diffrent types of Sweet Potatoes,chicken and Mix of veggies.
A shout out to my friend and neighbour Khun Howard and his wife for the Sweet Potatoes..-Thanks buddy !

As always..stay healthy and strong..

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » September 7, 2021, 7:19 pm

Looks good Alfie! Colorful veggies are rich in nutrients.

Today is Taco Tuesday 8)
UFF DA!

Return to “Health & Beauty”