Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by DuiDui49 » May 26, 2021, 9:56 am

God morning Forum Members !!

Step -by - step to my to-go-Breakfast.

Steelcut Oats usually between 70-100+ grams depending on Exercise level.More exercise,more of the carbs..
Half a Banana:
Nuts:
Dryed Cranberrys:
Blueberrys:
Greek or Jolinda Yogurt to top everything off makes this:

Ahh,what a start to the morning..Peanut/Banana Sandwich and Coffe 1 cup already down.I call that my Pre Brekkie ;-)

Have a healthy and beautiful day...//Alfie ..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 26, 2021, 1:04 pm

One of my fav's,Rosmary marinated chicken filés.The sause i just had some hot Chillisause mixed it up with Greek Yogurt and Tomato ketchup,was ok.Spaghetti to go with everything.

So that was my lunch for today,what's yours?..Don't forget the pics..;-)

//Alfie

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 27, 2021, 11:09 am

So today i will give Salmon recepie a test,first i need some groceries..like Salmon ;-)for a starter.. dry mustard ..got everything else..ehh not..Green Beans and Parmensan..that's it.

Here's the Salmon Vid if intrested to try like..
https://youtu.be/GVyH5uoNsTg

Green beans,Garlic and Parmensan Vid..
https://youtu.be/3Dt7_PLydOY

Endresult should look something like THIS..jummy..

Goodluck to myself and everyone else who dare to try..//Alfie

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 27, 2021, 11:57 am

Im heavily into fish at the moment Alfie .. especially the Tesco Express salmon steaks .. i had a nice poached salmon on a mixed boiled egg salad for brunch... i also bought cod loin from C2MU and get rice soup with Pla suay from the local noodle shop ..... all very enjoyable.

Trying to stick to foods that lend themselves to softer stools .. any advice welcome... also the daily exercise bike work out im told is good for assisting with bowel movements... upping it to 40 mins a day very soon.

Pleased to say (sorry wrong thread) im in a state of euphoria as i have managed to clear my internal back log .. did not need to use the bum gun as Alfie advised so maybe the 3 jars of concentrate prune puree the last being warmed up did the trick.. such was many relief i dashed round to the temple and christened the blighter ... Steven ... with V not PH .

I drink at least 2 coffees per day .. Nescafe Blue ..no sugar good or bad ??

DM feeling so much better and lighter. :D
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 1, 2021, 1:18 pm

Lunch today 1&-2021:

Mexican Salsa,fried chicken,Basmati Rise and Veggies..Mushrooms,Carrots,Chilli,Red onion..

Stay healthy and strong...//Alfie..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 5, 2021, 3:11 pm

Do you care about your sugar intake?

Info:A can of regular cola contains seven teaspoons of sugar (35g) :shock: :shock: :shock:

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 5, 2021, 3:52 pm

And some info how to interpret those hard-to-understand foodlabels.

https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/as ... labels.pdf

Stay informed and healthy...//Alfie

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 6, 2021, 2:11 am

Chicken isn't exactly a healthy food:

https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/chicken/

And some men might have a big incentive not to consume it:
And prostate cancer? A Harvard study of men with early-stage prostate cancer found those with more aggressive cancer who regularly ate chicken and turkey had up to four times the risk of prostate cancer progression.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 6, 2021, 9:18 am

GT93 wrote:
June 6, 2021, 2:11 am
Chicken isn't exactly a healthy food:

https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/chicken/

And some men might have a big incentive not to consume it:
And prostate cancer? A Harvard study of men with early-stage prostate cancer found those with more aggressive cancer who regularly ate chicken and turkey had up to four times the risk of prostate cancer progression.
Godmorning GT93 !

BIG thanks for the info shared by you.Me eating alot of chicken (supposedly)raced with no antibiotics..well when i look at two of the Vid's about chicken,farmares,atleast in USA,can use antibiotics until day 2,after that it's a no-no.Then we have UTI infections,and it seems to be a connection between eating chicken and UTI's..not to mention E-coli..So what iv'e learned is that i can wash/clean my chickenmeat with water and White Vinegar..so i will implement this for sure.
Then we have chicken farms,organic ones,but STILL they find antibiotics when tested,reason is either cross contamination at the chicken slaugther house,or from the contaminated soil at the chicken farms.

And testing chicken meat bought at the markets here in Thailand,well i NEVER pretty much anything at the markets seeing whats going on when it comes to hygien/handling/temp/shipping and more..it's just sad to see how we handel the earth that feeds us..Gredd and profit in every corner of the food industri,sad..and we wounder why we get ---- like SARS/Covid..Is it going to change,guess not for a forseen future..Not until mother nature brings us on our knees,like Covid is doing now maybe..Nature ALWAYS win in the longrun.

Once again GT93,thanks for some really nice source of info,for those who dare to get informed.

Have a great day GT93...//Alfie

https://youtu.be/RyP5Cnc-vxk

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/urinar ... g-chicken/

PS.I'm going to use THIS guys Video Tip on how to clean your chicken meat..How many of us do it like shown in this Video?Not to many i guess..i do the rinsing with RO Water..but not Lemon and Vinegar..so i will implement it for sure.DS
https://youtu.be/Rf1xITpixvw

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 7, 2021, 4:33 pm

Hello fellow lurkers,today i was switching things up a bit.

I was out of Wholewheat bread sandwich with Peanutbutter and sliced Banana..So same bread ONE slice nu butter but intead some Mills Kaviar and grated cheese,.coffee.Sorry no pic..

And my usuall Oatmeal was for later,instead just 3 poached eggs and Wasa Chrisp Bread two crackers with butter.

Prepping to give my phuenbhan a hand cutting his trees..two hours later time for a shower and my Oatmeal whith the usuall "trimmings".

And just now i had a VERY late lunch..Chicken with sweetpotatoe and veggies..Pics to follow:

Have a great afternoon everyone...//Alfie..:-)

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » June 7, 2021, 8:33 pm

I found this video interesting about cooking oils.
I will not buy cooking oil again! Use my air fryer, and use butter!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pljQrjiDC9Q

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 7, 2021, 8:57 pm

This may well be very good advice, morti - but please bear in mind while watching the video that the good Dr Ekberg is a doctor of chiropractory.

Further investigation as to credibility may be warranted.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 7, 2021, 9:26 pm

Been considering getting an airfryer recently but have been put off by the amount of "ante" videos that have been produced.
Not too sure what to believe but it appears they are just overpriced convector ovens.
One vid (from Singapore) cooked food in an air fryer and deep fried identical amounts and then took them to a lab to be tested, suffice to say the chicken had about 20 % less fat in the air fryer but lost its deep fried texture, the fish has virtually no difference in fat content whichever way you cooked it, and although the chips had about 50% less fat, they contained a ridiculous amount of some known cancer producing chemical which registered 10ppm in deep fried and 4000ppm in the air fryer

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 7, 2021, 11:05 pm

<deleted>

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 7, 2021, 11:20 pm

Must say I was amused to see some woman in America suggesting all the things you should be using your air fryer for.... Were you aware tam that you can hard boil an egg in only 15 minutes ? Maybe there's a massive shortage of saucepans and water over there

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 8, 2021, 7:42 am

Morning Forum Members !

My go to Oils are as follows and depending what i'm using it for.

*Bertolli Extra Light Olive Oil..Very good for frying and healthy.Good quality controll on the product too.

*Ybarra Extra Virgin Olive Oil..Nice and mild,good for sallads and my go-to for the moment..comes whith a nice spout to,so easy to pour..uses the Arbequina and Hojiblanca olives.

https://www.oliveoilsfromspain.org/impo ... varieties/

*Coconut oil for cooking..cheap,high smokingpoint..good for alot of things.

Regarding Airfryers:LEARN the Airfryer and how it works..The only thing i like about them is that it's perfect for a 1-2 people family..and i don't have to warm up the big owen for a smaller meal,maybe even save some money on electric bill..BTW,i don't own any AF..yet..

TIPS:
https://www.choice.com.au/home-and-livi ... -air-fryer

Have a great day everyone...//Alfie
Last edited by DuiDui49 on June 8, 2021, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » June 8, 2021, 8:26 am

I agree with you Alfie, Olive Oil is my choice for cooking. One must read labels carefully because some Olive Oil companies mix olive oil with vegetable oil to produce an extra lite olive oil.

I purchased a Philips XXl Air Fryer recently. My wife didn't like the smell of baked chicken, fish.... in the house so I was looking for an appliance I could use out doors. The AF is really good for frying and baking. Anything you can do in an oven you can do with an AF. One must be careful because the AF cooks so much faster and for frying you use no oil. Keep you posts coming. Regards

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 8, 2021, 8:38 am

Im in the market for an air fryer .. as it must be better healthier than deep frying in oil and i am missing some fried foods.

Brekky .. 2 coffees , fruit , yoghurt plus a Husk powder protein drink and Green magic caps)

Cooking smells ..my missus hates the smell of my some foods cooking notably lamb .. so i tend to eat out rather than cook full meals in house .. i suffer in silence with some of the stinky horrible stuff Dao cooks/makes .. i hate the smell of durian but the worst is this black ransid Balar liquid they put in somtam etc makes me gip... i cant imagine many expats eating this and not spending the day on the bog.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 8, 2021, 8:46 am

Air Fryer is the way to go

Hope you can find one

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 8, 2021, 8:49 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 8, 2021, 8:38 am
Im in the market for an air fryer .. as it must be better healthier than deep frying in oil and i am missing some fried foods.

Brekky .. 2 coffees , fruit , yoghurt plus a Husk powder protein drink and Green magic caps)

Cooking smells ..my missus hates the smell of my some foods cooking notably lamb .. so i tend to eat out rather than cook full meals in house .. i suffer in silence with some of the stinky horrible stuff Dao cooks/makes .. i hate the smell of durian but the worst is this black ransid Balar liquid they put in somtam etc makes me gip... i cant imagine many expats eating this and not spending the day on the bog.

DM
Morning..I would go for a cheapo one,just to learn how it works..many good and BAD vid's on how to use an AF on YT..Goodluck..BTW,brekky looks good,keep it up..;-) =D> =D>

Return to “Health & Beauty”