Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Jello
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by Jello » May 3, 2022, 10:54 pm

Looks good Alfie. =P~ Between the eggs, feta, and beef that’s about 900mg of dietary cholesterol? I’ve been keeping my cholesterol intake at a minimum. Today breakfast was oatmeal with blueberries and a banana/mango smoothie, lunch vegan tuna wrap, dinner baked potato, chili beans and California vegetable mix. Plain yogurt with strawberries (and a small chunk of 99% dark chocolate) for desert.

So lots of nutrient dense food and very little dietary cholesterol. I’m not loosing any weight but I’m still keeping my cholesterol and blood pressure under control. 8)

UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 4, 2022, 5:36 am

Jello wrote:
May 3, 2022, 10:54 pm
Looks good Alfie. =P~ Between the eggs, feta, and beef that’s about 900mg of dietary cholesterol? I’ve been keeping my cholesterol intake at a minimum. Today breakfast was oatmeal with blueberries and a banana/mango smoothie, lunch vegan tuna wrap, dinner baked potato, chili beans and California vegetable mix. Plain yogurt with strawberries (and a small chunk of 99% dark chocolate) for desert.

So lots of nutrient dense food and very little dietary cholesterol. I’m not loosing any weight but I’m still keeping my cholesterol and blood pressure under control. 8)
Well don't forget that i'm exercising every day.Some days i'm mix it up no Omelette..same like you 50-60 grams of Oats,15-20 grams of Blueberrys,20-25 grams of Goij berrys,200ml of Light milk and 25 grams of Whey Protein Isolate..for breakfast...and coffee.

Waterintake a day is aprox 3-5 liter..500ml water with a shotglas of Orgainic Vinegar.I also add Magnesium and Zink daily..Coconut sugar for sweetner,if any at all.Dayli rutin is minimum of 40 min bicycleride,some days 1.5 hours..3-4 days a week directly after the bike ride is supersetting 1-2 musclegroups..I cut out sweets for the most part,but treat myself no end then.Make my own food,and keep 90% of the prosessed food out..A glass,not the whole bottlel,of beer when i have a hot meal.Brown Basmati Rice,Sweet Potatoes or some Penne,usually i try to keep my carb dayli intake of around 150 to max 200grams/day.Chicken,Fish and Minced beef are my protein go-to..Olive oil instead of butter..And i also change and liten to what my body needs..some day more of one source,another day less of that,i like to mix it up.

All this adds up to a little above range Trigycerides,high on both Ldl and HDL,but i keep checking that,that might also be one of the reasons i have 700 Total Testosteron levels..which i want to feel good..And remember Jello,not one body is the same..I have 70 kg as my morningat 186 cm weight,body fat maybe around 15 %,no smoking..But you have a point Jello,i agree..so depending on next month blood tests,i migth change something up.That's why i like go and test myself every 3 month,just to kkeep an eye of things.

BP this morning was 102/70 :-)

Time for coffee and bikeride now,take care Jello..and thanks for your inputs..Have a great day sir..:-)

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 4, 2022, 9:07 pm

Sounds like you’ve got your diet and exercise routine dialed in Alfie!

Vegan tuna wrap:
(No tuna in it, made from a base of chickpeas. Recipe here if interested https://youtu.be/nDlKfci8ORI )

Got some organic honey out of one of our trees today!
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 5, 2022, 8:18 am

God Morning !

Have you ever wonderd what is among heathiest foods we can find out there,well read on..

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2018 ... ious-foods

Have an awsome day everyone,,Cardio done for today and breakfast is down..no in to town.//Alfie:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 5, 2022, 12:19 pm

Jello wrote:
May 3, 2022, 10:54 pm

Dietary Cholesterol and SERUM Cholesterol is diffrent things,but i guess you knew that already Jello.

Here is a intresting Video about Cholesterol APOb..LDL-P
https://youtu.be/BB0dzSPTIis

((Alfie..:-)

PS.Forgot this intresting link...Nutrition Made Simple!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCosmc7 ... 7GWyEyFFMw
https://youtu.be/tyTsnfAe_Ls
https://youtu.be/EfdwqypYAlU
And those who want dive deeper,use:

https://scholar.google.com/?hl=en&as_sdt=0,5

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 5, 2022, 9:02 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 4, 2022, 5:36 am
Picture or it didn’t happen. :lol:
DuiDui49 wrote:
Waterintake a day is aprox 3-5 liter..500ml water with a shotglas of Orgainic Vinegar.I also add Magnesium and Zink daily..
Im taking Magnesium also, I take it at night as it seems to help me relax and fall asleep. Also take a B12 to make up for not eating meat. What’s the reason for drinking Vinegar? I know people do it to help weight loss. Are there other benefits?
DuiDui49 wrote:
May 5, 2022, 12:19 pm
Dietary Cholesterol and SERUM Cholesterol is diffrent things,but i guess you knew that already Jello.
Dietary cholesterol = the cholesterol you eat.
Serum cholesterol = the cholesterol in your blood.
So you’re point is…..? That you don’t believe the cholesterol you eat is effecting the cholesterol in your blood? Maybe true for some people, but not everyone.

Just my personal experience, always had high cholesterol tests, told to go on statins, went on a plant based diet (no eating animals or things that come out of animals), big drop in cholesterol, no need for statins.

So at least for me, the cholesterol I eat effects the cholesterol in my blood. YMMV. 8)
DuiDui49 wrote:
Thanks for the link. Lots of interesting videos on that channel.

Vegan bolognese, no meat, lentil base. (Recipe here if interested: https://youtu.be/NBiicQZSbX4 )
Cheers 8)
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 6, 2022, 5:55 am

Jello wrote:
May 5, 2022, 9:02 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
Picture or it didn’t happen. :lol:
DuiDui49 wrote:
Waterintake a day is aprox 3-5 liter..500ml water with a shotglas of Orgainic Vinegar.I also add Magnesium and Zink daily..
Im taking Magnesium also, I take it at night as it seems to help me relax and fall asleep. Also take a B12 to make up for not eating meat. What’s the reason for drinking Vinegar? I know people do it to help weight loss. Are there other benefits?To help from kidneystones forming,dunno if it really work but that and ALOT of water seems to help.
DuiDui49 wrote:
Dietary cholesterol = the cholesterol you eat.
Serum cholesterol = the cholesterol in your blood.
So you’re point is…..? That you don’t believe the cholesterol you eat is effecting the cholesterol in your blood? Maybe true for some people, but not everyone.Just look at one of the Vids you will know what i mean.People in general do NOT know the diffrence..Serum Cholesterol is the one we draw on a bloodtest..you might know the diffrence but i think generally people don't.That's my point Jello ;-)

Just my personal experience, always had high cholesterol tests, told to go on statins, went on a plant based diet (no eating animals or things that come out of animals), big drop in cholesterol, no need for statins.

So at least for me, the cholesterol I eat effects the cholesterol in my blood. YMMV. 8)
DuiDui49 wrote:
Thanks for the link. Lots of interesting videos on that channel.

Vegan bolognese, no meat, lentil base. (Recipe here if interested: https://youtu.be/NBiicQZSbX4 )
Cheers 8)
I was careless in my goal to try to get some more calories in and hopefully put on some meat weight on my now twiggy body.So i tryed less carbs and more proteing and FAT..well my body reacted badly to that.So now back on less fat more carbs and less eggs ;-)Trying Whey Isolate Protein instead..Guacomole insted of BUTTER,Humus intead of butter..You know Jello,we are getting older so i might stay away from more testing and getting back to whatever i ate before.Never had problems with high cholesterol in my life..It's has become a problem the last two years..So i'm tweaking away,like to try diffrent things..And together with exercise,weight control (wich i never have had any problems with)I'm very happy were i'm at now when i look myself in the mirror,But improvens can be done..What's your Morning-Midday and afternoon BP Jello?And why don't you shed weight..Your weight is what and how tall are you?

Time for Cardio now before it gets to hot Jello...By the way Jello,do you do any exercise on a regulary basis?

//Alfie..:-)Ps not spellchecked ;-)DS

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 6, 2022, 10:03 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 6, 2022, 5:55 am
..What's your Morning-Midday and afternoon BP Jello?And why don't you shed weight..Your weight is what and how tall are you?...By the way Jello,do you do any exercise on a regulary basis?
The low BP reading of 105/63 was taken after a good nights sleep. Overall average is higher, but still an acceptable range to keep me off BP meds.

My BMI is 28. As long as my vital signs (BP & cholesterol) are good and I feel healthy then I’m happy. I’ve “keto” dieted down to a BMI of under 25 three times in my life. Each time I was told that I looked gaunt, sick and tired. And that’s exactly how I felt.

I’m doing exercises for back and hip pain. (Old injuries) It’s a easy stretching and strengthening routine. You gave me the idea to pick up a resistance band, and I’ve added that to the routine.

I wear a watch that tracks my steps. I get up to 8,000 steps a day doing my normal activities. If I don’t get 8k in by the end of the day I do some jogging in place while watching tv.

I get light exercise in my daily activities. We have a full yard and veggie garden that always needs work done, projects around the house, washing the car and bikes, cooking, shopping and playing with the kids and dogs. I keep active most of the day.

Cheers. 8)

Breakfast burritos
Refried beans, potatoes, tofu scramble with tomatoes, sprouts, salsa.

UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 7, 2022, 9:30 pm

Fat mans garden gravy on rice:
(Mushroom, onion, green/red/yellow peppers)

Recipe here if interested:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/123637952257369846/
8)
UFF DA!

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » May 8, 2022, 7:28 pm

I have packed on 20kg in the last two years even though I have never worked so hard in my life, and I could work I tell ya....pies, icecreams everyday, chips, sugary tea by the boot full..

Its All about the 'swamp ' in your gut, and getting it right..lean bacteria v fat bacteria..
some health doc gave me sulphur pills to kill worms two years ago, but killed all the good lean bacteria in my gut instead, and once the fat bacteria get ahead they drown out the lean ones..and fat you go.

they found all this bacteria stuff out when a daughter gave a lifesaving poop infusion to her mother, afew years ago, and her lean mother ballooned out of this world..seems one had lean gut bacteria, and the other fat gut bacteria..
now they are even thinking of making a poop pill to give to fat people, that will loose them weight without the exercise and stuff...

the Japs are masters of getting it right apparantly, and its due to their diet..and green tea which is good for flushing out the swamp in the bottom of your gut, where everything sits..

so give up the sugar, processed foods, milk bread, stick to veges and meat once a day Maaka..and I will be the ' Sunday Male ' again like old times

old timers give up the gym, and stick to pushups and light dumbell work to strengten your core...running wont loose you weight, and weights will only hurt your frail bones and muscles..

I was a sports coach and weight training coach in another life..so only my opinion here..

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 8, 2022, 7:42 pm

maaka wrote:
May 8, 2022, 7:28 pm
I have packed on 20kg in the last two years even though I have never worked so hard in my life, and I could work I tell ya....pies, icecreams everyday, chips, sugary tea by the boot full..

Its All about the 'swamp ' in your gut, and getting it right..lean bacteria v fat bacteria..
some health doc gave me sulphur pills to kill worms two years ago, but killed all the good lean bacteria in my gut instead, and once the fat bacteria get ahead they drown out the lean ones..and fat you go.

they found all this bacteria stuff out when a daughter gave a lifesaving poop infusion to her mother, afew years ago, and her lean mother ballooned out of this world..seems one had lean gut bacteria, and the other fat gut bacteria..
now they are even thinking of making a poop pill to give to fat people, that will loose them weight without the exercise and stuff...

the Japs are masters of getting it right apparantly, and its due to their diet..and green tea which is good for flushing out the swamp in the bottom of your gut, where everything sits..

so give up the sugar, processed foods, milk bread, stick to veges and meat once a day Maaka..and I will be the ' Sunday Male ' again like old times

old timers give up the gym, and stick to pushups and light dumbell work to strengten your core...running wont loose you weight, and weights will only hurt your frail bones and muscles..

I was a sports coach and weight training coach in another life..so only my opinion here..
Good hard work..noted ..But i really don't know what to make out of your post..I can only says this:
It's never to late to make chages in your life makka..But i agree on the sugar and processed food..and everything in moderation makka,agree.Goodluck with whatever way foodvise you deside to do/eat..

//Alfie

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 8, 2022, 8:10 pm

maaka wrote:
May 8, 2022, 7:28 pm
Poop pills?….. :shock:
Yep,
The Gut Microbiome and Its Role in Obesity
The human body is host to a vast number of microbes, including bacterial, fungal and protozoal microoganisms, which together constitute our microbiota. Evidence is emerging that the intestinal microbiome is intrinsically linked with overall health, including obesity risk. Obesity and obesity-related metabolic disorders are characterized by specific alterations in the composition and function of the human gut microbiome. Mechanistic studies have indicated that the gastrointestinal microbiota can influence both sides of the energy balance equation; namely, as a factor influencing energy utilization from the diet and as a factor that influences host genes that regulate energy expenditure and storage. Moreover, its composition is not fixed and can be influenced by several dietary components. This fact raises the attractive possibility that manipulating the gut microbiota could facilitate weight loss or prevent obesity in humans. Emerging as possible strategies for obesity prevention and/or treatment are targeting the microbiota, in order to restore or modulate its composition through the consumption of live bacteria (probiotics), nondigestible or limited digestible food constituents such as oligosaccharides (prebiotics), or both (synbiotics), or even fecal transplants.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5082693/
Vegan Mac n cheese, chili, asparagus

Recipe:
https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/vegan ... se-recipe/

https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/th ... hili-ever/
8)
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 8, 2022, 8:12 pm

Another reason I’m not loosing weight, I like pasta way too much! \:D/

8)
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 9, 2022, 9:08 am

God morning everyone and a special Good morning to you Jello ;-)!!

Seems like it's you and me that like to share info and pics about our diet and exercise regime,but hopefulle more people join in.

Yesterdays dinner consisted of Seabass 1 big file fryed in Olivoil,sallad premade from the salladsbar at Bic-C..just added some more tomatoes..and Guacomole on top..125 grams of shirmps too..aroi aroi ;-)Had 1 glas of beer too :shock: :shock:

Cardio done this morning,only bicyle ride for 40 min..Now Breakfast consiting of:

* 300ml cold water + 1 rack of small icecubs.
*! scop of Whey Protein Isolate.
* Aprox 15 grams of Blueberrys
*Aprox 25 grams of Goji Berrys
*1 whole Banana.
*70 grams of Big Leaf Oats from Big-C.

I understand you Jello if you have a hardtime to loose whatever weight your "goal"is set to,but try Sweetpotatoes from Japan.You'll find them from time to time at Macro..not cheap but i love them.Also Brown Basmatirice you can find at Lazada.1 kilo for 139Bath.

Take care everyone and stay strong and healthy....//Alfie..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 9, 2022, 1:21 pm

So todays Lunch:

*Seabass half a filé,aprox 50-60 gram
*Basmati Rice apox 80 gram
*Tomatoes,Walnuts,Cranberrys,Bellpepper,Red and Yellow.All mixed with 1 tabelspoon of Guacomole.
*For drink i had 1 big glas of water mixed with 2-3 tabelspoons of Organic Appelcider Vinegar.

//Alfie..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 9, 2022, 3:42 pm

Foodprepping time today.

Chicken Filés Veggies and Japanese Sweet Potatoes.

//Alfie..:-)

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 9, 2022, 7:41 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 9, 2022, 9:08 am
try Sweetpotatoes from Japan.You'll find them from time to time at Macro..not cheap but i love them.Also Brown Basmatirice you can find at Lazada.1 kilo for 139Bath.
Thanks, I’ll give em a try!

Beyond meat veggie burger (w/cheese):
Gotta have a burger once in a while. Buy these at villa. To me they taste better than the real thing. 20 grams of protein, zero cholesterol. 8)
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 10, 2022, 10:10 am

Jello wrote:
May 9, 2022, 7:41 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
May 9, 2022, 9:08 am
try Sweetpotatoes from Japan.You'll find them from time to time at Macro..not cheap but i love them.Also Brown Basmatirice you can find at Lazada.1 kilo for 139Bath.
Thanks, I’ll give em a try!

Beyond meat veggie burger (w/cheese):
Gotta have a burger once in a while. Buy these at villa. To me they taste better than the real thing. 20 grams of protein, zero cholesterol. 8)
PS.Jello,cholesterol is not ALL bad news..remember cholesterol make hormones too..which we need to have in a good range.Don't know your cholesterol levels,but just a thaught..I urge everyone to check their Male AND female hormones..and don't forget not only the TOTAL but also FREE Testesteron levels.Same goes for PSA..Total AND Free.DS

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 10, 2022, 7:05 pm

Jazzed-up oatmeal with cooked apple, cinnamon, raisins, blueberries, walnuts and sunflower seeds. + Avocado toast.

8)
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 10, 2022, 7:15 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 10, 2022, 10:10 am
PS.Jello,cholesterol is not ALL bad news..remember cholesterol make hormones too..which we need to have in a good range.
Thank for the concern but your body does make its own cholesterol without eating dietary cholesterol. My eating goal is to keep my dietary cholesterol intake low. Your goal my be different.
You do not need cholesterol in your diet
You don’t need to eat foods that contain cholesterol. Your body can produce all the cholesterol it needs. High-cholesterol foods are often foods that are also high in saturated fats. These foods should be limited in a healthy diet.
https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/hea ... -your-diet
How Low Should You Go for Ideal LDL Cholesterol?

https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/cholesterol/
8)
UFF DA!

Return to “Health & Beauty”